Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets air this out right now.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Madman

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 27, 2009, 09:55:12 PM

I think Bush is better as well. I just dont understand some of these posters saying why are we leaving Ward out there in FA lets go get him, guy was an undrafted free agent. Like 3 yrs ago.

I like Bush better too but Bush costs a draft pick.

Saying he was undrafted shouldn't be a knock. NFL D MVP James Harrison was undrafted as was Priest Holmes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 27, 2009, 09:56:22 PM

Bush > Ward, IMO

He's younger, and to me, has shown more homerun threat and talent.
Yeah.  Against the BUcs.

Ward can run man.

Bigpapi

Starter

#17 : February 27, 2009, 09:56:29 PM

To me, Bush is the better pick.  Bush seems to have that potential to be huge.  He should also have plenty of tread left on the tires.  Due to his injury in college the guy hasn't really been hit that much in the pros.  For those of us that believe most backs have a certain number of hits in them before things start to get bad will see this as a good thing.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 27, 2009, 09:58:09 PM

Different takes on Bush before he was drafted.

Michael Bush Scouting Report by shaun corbett
Pros: Bush is very big, very strong, very agile, and very fast. Can do just about everything. Likes to run over the tackles and linebackers at the line of scrimmage, then outrun the corners and safeties. Has a nose for the endzone like few others, and rarely loses yards. has soft hands, and runs pretty good routes, and can also throw the ball. He was 1st team all state at six different positions, including rb, qb, wr, safety and linebacker.  
Cons: It is unsure how good of a blocker he is, because he usually when in on passing situations he usually was on routes. doesn't have natural runnign back moves having really only played the position for three years. coming off season ending injury when he broke his leg in the first game of the year.  
Overall: It is possible he can become the best back in the draft when it is all said and done. He is ompared a lot to Jamal Lewis because of the size/speed ratio, but may be more like LaDanian Tomlinson in what all he does, only a lot bigger, and probably has a higher top end speed. Barring injury, should be a franchise running back, and a top five fantasy player.  

Michael Bush Scouting Report by Anonymous
Pros: very fast and poweful, simulates a lot of pro running back styles, like lt curtis martin, corey dillon, etc
Cons: had a season ending injury, like willis rb for the bills, used alot in college, like williams for panthers, would have been a candidate for the heismen if he didn't break his leg, might have one it two the way he was going. The day he broke his leg, was used alot, had over 120 yds by the end of the first half and still used repeadidly in the 2nd half.
Overall: if the leg injury healed completly very fast and strong, stock slipped alot. don't think he'll be picked until the late first round if not the early 2nd, He'd be better off with a team who already has a starter and uses him as a backup until they know for sure until he can take the load

Michael Bush Scouting Report by ROB DEVOY
Pros: Great size and muscle mass hits the line like a bull dozer has the potential to be a every down back at the next level.
Cons: May be moved to full back in the NFL. Not considered to be elusive. Uses his size as an advantage.
Overall: Has no glaring weaknesses a solid pick that will probably go high in round 2  

Michael Bush Scouting Report by Randy Tartaglia
Pros: Very fast and agile with his side. Can not only pound it through the middle, but can consistently get you very positive yards after contact.
Cons: Maybe a little too big. Durability is a concern with his size, especially after breaking his leg.
Overall: Worth a late first-round pick, but a perfect pick in the 2nd.

Â 
http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/prospects/index.php?id=201

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 27, 2009, 09:59:11 PM

and Willie Parker

Madman

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 27, 2009, 10:00:18 PM

Good one. And Clifton Smith!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 27, 2009, 10:01:27 PM

I would not mind BUsh.

But he had 421 yards for the year.  And 177 of them came against the Bucs.

And 90 more versus KC.

So more than half of his yards came against 2 squads.

Hmm...

Would not mind him though.  He is big.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 27, 2009, 10:02:34 PM

doesn't Bush have a rod in his leg?  don't trust his durability.  Between the two I'd go with Ward but I don't see him giving us more than 3 years.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 27, 2009, 10:04:00 PM

doesn't Bush have a rod in his leg?  don't trust his durability.  Between the two I'd go with Ward but I don't see him giving us more than 3 years.

They usually take those titanium rods out. Shouldn't affect him long term. It's been 2 years.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 27, 2009, 10:09:29 PM

He is almost 30

He's 28.

He only had 182 carries last year for 1,025 yards for a 5.6 TPC.

I would prefer Bush, but Ward's the best FA RB available.  What's not to like?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 27, 2009, 10:15:38 PM

Will be 29 by the start of the season

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 27, 2009, 10:17:49 PM

If you all are dead set against Ward than you all are in support of drafting a RB in the fourth round?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 27, 2009, 10:19:59 PM

Will be 29 by the start of the season

So?

It's not like he's a guy who has taken a beating for 5 or 6 years.  He's a fresh 28 and will be a fresh 29.

PoorRichard

Starter

#28 : February 28, 2009, 12:10:47 AM

Ward is clearly the top RB on the board and he would be a serious upgrade. What makes anybody think Bush is better?? Ward has a proven track record. Bush looked good against us and that was all.

Bryant, K2, Ward, Graham, Clifton, on the O is a significant upgrade from last year.

#29 : February 28, 2009, 12:23:58 AM

I'd rather have Bush from the Raiders.

Me 2 for a Third round pick I would be ok with it.
Sure Al would give him up for a 3rd round pick, right after the house lands on the Wicked Witch.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets air this out right now.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools