Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cassell arm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 28, 2009, 11:39:37 AM

Thanks for the video. Kid has an arm.
looks good to me as well in that.  If we do trade for him I'm sure Pete Mangurian insight on him was positive.

JHOx26x

Practice Squad

#16 : February 28, 2009, 11:48:32 AM

he would torch the NFC South
yes he would hehe

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 28, 2009, 11:51:28 AM

back to the grown up board

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#18 : February 28, 2009, 11:57:36 AM

Everyone looks good on their Youtube "HIGHLIGHT" video.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 28, 2009, 11:59:08 AM

Wow...

... you guys see a player highlight video, and are sold so easily?

Truth be told, his deep ball is Gradkowski awful.  If you watch any of his games last year, you'd realize Moss's frustration.  To remedy the problem, Belichick allowed him to throw almost exclusively underneath.

To put it into perspective...

Garcia's average completion traveled 3.9 yards through the air.  46% of his yardage was accumulated after the receiver had secured the pass.

Cassel's average completion traveled 3.1 yards through the air.  Nearly 60% of his yardage was accumulated post-catch.

That's why I feel Cassel will bust anywhere else.  He was throwing screens to Wes Welker and jump balls to Randy Moss the entire season.  What happens when he has to throw a screen to Dwayne Bowe, or a jump ball to Lee Evans?

JHOx26x

Practice Squad

#20 : February 28, 2009, 11:59:50 AM

atleast the guy has a highlight video. none of the qbs on our roster have one of those

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#21 : February 28, 2009, 12:00:49 PM

None of our QB's are costing us a 1st round draft pick.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 28, 2009, 12:01:26 PM

atleast the guy has a highlight video. none of the qbs on our roster have one of those

Maybe because our current quarterbacks have 7 NFL starts between them?

JHOx26x

Practice Squad

#23 : February 28, 2009, 12:01:35 PM

Wow...

Truth be told, his deep ball is Gradkowski awful. �If you watch any of his games last year, you'd realize Moss's frustration. �To remedy the problem, Belichick allowed him to throw almost exclusively underneath.

Garcia's average completion traveled 3.9 yards through the air. �46% of his yardage was accumulated after the receiver had secured the pass.

Cassel's average completion traveled 3.1 yards through the air. �Nearly 60% of his yardage was accumulated post-catch.

That's why I feel Cassel will bust anywhere else. �He was throwing screens to Wes Welker and jump balls to Randy Moss the entire season. �What happens when he has to throw a screen to Dwayne Bowe, or a jump ball to Lee Evans?
ok so lets say we sign washington. couldnt we do that with him and many of our wideouts. along with K2?

JHOx26x

Practice Squad

#24 : February 28, 2009, 12:02:27 PM

and you want to go into a season with that?
matt cassell has more wins than they do starts in one season.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 28, 2009, 12:03:57 PM

Wow...

Truth be told, his deep ball is Gradkowski awful. �If you watch any of his games last year, you'd realize Moss's frustration. �To remedy the problem, Belichick allowed him to throw almost exclusively underneath.

Garcia's average completion traveled 3.9 yards through the air. �46% of his yardage was accumulated after the receiver had secured the pass.

Cassel's average completion traveled 3.1 yards through the air. �Nearly 60% of his yardage was accumulated post-catch.

That's why I feel Cassel will bust anywhere else. �He was throwing screens to Wes Welker and jump balls to Randy Moss the entire season. �What happens when he has to throw a screen to Dwayne Bowe, or a jump ball to Lee Evans?
ok so lets say we sign washington. couldnt we do that with him and many of our wideouts. along with K2?

If you think Cassel will be as good somewhere else as he was in New England, you're delusional.  The Patriots have the best wide receiving duo in the AFC, arguably the NFL.  Any team he goes to (minus the Cardinals, maybe) will provide him with less offensive talent than he had with the Pats.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 28, 2009, 12:05:05 PM

Why are you so completely sold on Matt Cassel?  Because of a highlight video?

JHOx26x

Practice Squad

#27 : February 28, 2009, 12:06:33 PM

None of our QB's are costing us a 1st round draft pick.
last time i checked our best 1 round pick has been davin joesph.
this is the nfl and were in one of the most toughest divisions in football.
you wanna go back to be the laugh stock of the nfl?
im not saying mccown is bad but i would feel more confident if i had a qb that i know has what it takes to win games in the nfl.
idc what system he is in.
the dude went to usc and led a team to bit of wins, you ask me thats pretty good for a first time starter and a guy that prob wouldnt be expecting himself to start

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 28, 2009, 12:06:45 PM

he played "ok". and anyone is gonna do pretty good when they have randy moss, wes welker, and bill belicheck

If you want to compare cassel to anyone, think derek anderson.

Derek Anderson in his best year '07 was 298/527 or 56.5% with a 7.18 ypa 29 TDs 19 Ints.
Matt Cassell last year was 327/516 or 63.4% with a 7.16 ypa 21 TDs 11 Ints.

Their yards per attempt were almost identical  but Cassell was FAR more accurate and had a much lower TD/INT ratio.

More importantly (IMO) Cassell had no problems taking a leadership role in sub for a living legend and had no problems with Moss's ego (granted he had help from a strong coaching staff and org.). Anderson on the other hand lost the confidence of his teammates and the coaching staff (granted that staff was a disaster).

Also, DA was highly erratic from game to game having good-great games one week then meltdowns the next, while Cassell showed some significant improvement from his first 4 games thru the season.

JHOx26x

Practice Squad

#29 : February 28, 2009, 12:14:17 PM

Why are you so completely sold on Matt Cassel?  Because of a highlight video?
cause i feel that we havent had a franchise qb in forever. y not take the risk?
were in the NFL and we all just witnessed the only team in history to be 9-3 and miss the playoffs that y.
if he can handle a new england offense y couldnt he handle our offense.

and you say stuff about the weapons and stuff.
we have some weapons also, we have legitimately one of the best if not the best TE in the nfl.
we have a bonafide stud in AB.
this team manages to sign Washington or Housh.
i will hear by say we have a better offense then NE.
And if i asked if u havent been waiting for a top tier offense in tampa and you say no.
because every single buccaneer fan has. y not take the opportunity and go after him.
you rather take the risk and stick with mccown and waste a first round pick on a guy that could bust like many of buccaneer draftees have.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cassell arm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools