Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hate to say it but.... « previous next »
Page: 1

lemmer40

Second String

: February 26, 2009, 07:40:50 PM

I don't think the Bucs are going to make a play for any big names during Free Agency.  They have proven to me over the years that they won't really make a "big" splash and I don't see this year being any different.  I'm just not getting my hopes up.  I think we will sign players, but they will all be mid to low level types of players.  I hope I'm wrong.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 26, 2009, 07:43:50 PM

They have to spend money .................just to hit the cap floor.   Even that is a big amount.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#2 : February 26, 2009, 07:56:44 PM

They'll signs some guys....We'll they get Haynesworth? I'm not sure...I hope so...but I'm not sure...but I think we'll be a big player in free agency....the new regime wants to make a splash...and I think they will somewhere...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 26, 2009, 09:17:59 PM

in the end though..even if we get alot of players...we still have a mess at the QB position

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2009, 09:47:33 PM

They'll signs some guys....We'll they get Haynesworth? I'm not sure...I hope so...but I'm not sure...but I think we'll be a big player in free agency....the new regime wants to make a splash...and I think they will somewhere...
The new regime has to show me before I believe that the status quo on free agents isnt in effect anymore

lemmer40

Second String

#5 : February 28, 2009, 09:13:12 AM

I'm bumping because I was right! Teams with half the cap room are making moves and we haven't done crap (I do like the K2 trade though)

SkoolFL

Starter
#6 : February 28, 2009, 09:15:54 AM

So tell us the "big" players we passed on........

Besides Haynesworth we dont need any of the "big" names.

Canty is the biggest name we probably should go after and he may not be the perfect pair with Gaines.

This is a weak free agent class.

(Formerly Solja, and Turk)....Its good to be back!

Check out the music I started making this offseason!

www.Facebook.com/SkoolFL  www.Youtube.com/SkoolFL  www.Twitter.com/SkoolFL

lemmer40

Second String

#7 : February 28, 2009, 09:19:48 AM

So tell us the "big" players we passed on........

Besides Haynesworth we dont need any of the "big" names.

Canty is the biggest name we probably should go after and he may not be the perfect pair with Gaines.

This is a weak free agent class.

I'm not saying we should have signed Haynesworth, but after letting both Brooks and June go, they needed to get Vilma and they couldn't make that happen. 

I wouldn't count on Canty either.  I don't even think we have set up a meeting with him, so you can cross him off.  Our 3 biggest needs have been DT, LB and WR.  We have signed none.  They are banking on trying to get Nate Washington, but he will probably end up in Detroit and when you start losing FA's to Detroit, you know your in trouble.

fishman

Starter

#8 : February 28, 2009, 09:44:39 AM

hate to say it but you are absolutely 100% correct.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 28, 2009, 10:33:51 AM

Before FA, I was getting angry about all the posts saying the Bucs wouldn't do anyting, but you guys were absolutely correct. Over 60 million in cap room and not a single signing. Wow.

JHOx26x

Practice Squad

#10 : February 28, 2009, 10:35:51 AM

its because theyre dealing with the patriots

bucshot224

Second String

#11 : February 28, 2009, 01:11:30 PM

We have a new GM and coaching staff...What makes you think that this offrseason is going to be anything like years past?

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

DailyRich68

Starter
#12 : February 28, 2009, 01:15:12 PM

I'm not saying we should have signed Haynesworth, but after letting both Brooks and June go, they needed to get Vilma and they couldn't make that happen.

Vilma would have had to change positions if he came here, which is something he didn't want to do.  And he re-signed with his former team.  So I don't look at this as a failure.

Bucsman90

Rookie
#13 : February 28, 2009, 01:17:03 PM

Vilma would have had to change positions if he came here, which is something he didn't want to do. And he re-signed with his former team. So I don't look at this as a failure.

Listen, the reason why we didnt get vilma to sign here is because the reason he left NY was because he wanted to play MLB for the rest of his career. He didn't want to switch positions.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hate to say it but.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools