Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: RAIDERS G CARLISLE VISITING BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

LFO

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 28, 2009, 01:53:47 PM

He had a staph infection last season....

along with Joe Jurevicious, LeCharles Bentley and every other brown.

Look at his '07 stats bro.

Or the Bronco game a few months ago when he was healthy.

This guy is a stud. A safety valve for McCown, and someone to take pressure of AB.

In 07 he wasn't coming off of his 4th knee surgery. 

You really don't think his injuries have put a toll on his production?  You really think he is just magically going to be great again? 

Hey, I hope you are right.  I just don't think for this team it was worth the risk. 

RatDog

Starter

#31 : February 28, 2009, 01:54:16 PM

ugh.....this sucks

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 28, 2009, 01:54:23 PM

Kellen Winslow is a top three TE.

How can you not want that?

dumb dumb

Kellen isn't a top 3 TE anymore. �

Dumb dumb dumb.

Y? Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Because he isn't?

Have you watched the guy play recently? �The article UFOJOE cited in the Winslow trade thread pretty much sums it up.

Of course, even going off stats he isn't......unless you think 423 yards, 3 TD and 10 ypc is top 3.

LOL. �

My question is have you? He was injured this year and when he was healthy he was playing well. 2007 he had the top te numbers in the league. God you make no sense, Tom Brady had **CENSORED**ty numbers last year too!

Isn't being healthy a part of football?  

With Winslow, that is a BIG if.  

I make no sense because I think a guy who has clearly lost a stop, is oft-injured (44 games played in 5 years) and can't block anymore is not a top 3 TE?

That's funny.

Tom Brady hasn't been injured nearly half his career, and didn't damage a part of his body that is crucial to his success.  A huge part of Winslow's game is predicated on speed, and he no longer has that.  Add in the shoulder woes and inability to drive off the knees, and he is a average to below blocker.  

If Brady had 4 surgeries on his arm, you might have a comparison. Outside of that you don't.

I do because Winslow can still play! And if you every played football sir you would know GETTING INJURED is part of football. It happens.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

richbucsfan

Starter

#33 : February 28, 2009, 01:54:30 PM

Filling holes is nice. Adding a playmaker is better.

By this logic, a boat can be filled with holes and taking on water and beginning to sink, but if you have a beautiful brand spanking new cannon on board all is well.  
My logic is to fill the holes with solid people and add as you can after that.  It's called priorities.  The thinking of the current regime seems to be pretty capricious, "Oh, lookie here... a nice TE, let's get him.  Oh boy, a guard, let's get him."  How about reality thinking .... "Our DLine sucks, let's do all we can to fix it.  We have no starting QB, let's fix that.  We have no experienced LBs, let's fix that.  We need a safety, we need a corner, we need a couple of WRs, we need, we need."  After the needs are fixed, then consider something else.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 28, 2009, 02:20:49 PM

Dont bring in Cooper freaking Carlisle, he's like 47 years old
He'd basically be brought in to replace Mahan. No one will even notice him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 28, 2009, 01:57:32 PM

By this logic, a boat can be filled with holes and taking on water and beginning to sink, but if you have a beautiful brand spanking new cannon on board all is well.

This ain't a boat. Not sure if you know the difference or not.

Apparently the Bucs feel that it would be a good idea to start attacking defenses a little more.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 28, 2009, 01:58:02 PM

Kellen Winslow is a top three TE.

How can you not want that?

dumb dumb

Dumb dumb dumb.

Y? Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Because he isn't?

Have you watched the guy play recently? �The article UFOJOE cited in the Winslow trade thread pretty much sums it up.

Of course, even going off stats he isn't......unless you think 423 yards, 3 TD and 10 ypc is top 3.

LOL. �

My question is have you? He was injured this year and when he was healthy he was playing well. 2007 he had the top te numbers in the league. God you make no sense, Tom Brady had **CENSORED**ty numbers last year too!

Isn't being healthy a part of football? �

With Winslow, that is a BIG if. �

I make no sense because I think a guy who has clearly lost a stop, is oft-injured (44 games played in 5 years) and can't block anymore is not a top 3 TE?

That's funny.

Tom Brady hasn't been injured nearly half his career, and didn't damage a part of his body that is crucial to his success. �A huge part of Winslow's game is predicated on speed, and he no longer has that. �Add in the shoulder woes and inability to drive off the knees, and he is a average to below blocker. �

If Brady had 4 surgeries on his arm, you might have a comparison. Outside of that you don't.

I do because Winslow can still play! And if you every played football sir you would know GETTING INJURED is part of football. It happens.

Yes, it does happen.

But what doesn't have to happen is trading away for someone you know isn't.  

At this point I hope he can still play.  I am just skeptical based on what I saw last year.  Hope he proves me wrong, because it would be better for the Bucs.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 28, 2009, 01:58:07 PM

Tell me who the top 3 TE's will be for the next 10 years.

Jason Witten
Antonio Gates (will be 38)
Kellen Winslow
Dallas Clark (will be 39)
Chris Cooley

I could make an argument for any three of those five.  I think it's better to say Winslow is top 5 at his position.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 28, 2009, 01:58:48 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c47b52

1:18

1:55

4:43

LFO

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 28, 2009, 02:01:25 PM

Tell me who the top 3 TE's will be for the next 10 years.

Jason Witten
Antonio Gates (will be 38)
Kellen Winslow
Dallas Clark (will be 39)
Chris Cooley

I could make an argument for any three of those five. �I think it's better to say Winslow is top 5 at his position.

I think more accurately, Winslow falls in a clump of guys that are all about average or so these days.  

And with Winslow's knees and shaky body, he might as well be 30+.  You really think he is going to be aroudn for 10 years?  That's a big leap of faith.  If he can't stay healthy in his youth and prime, why do you believe 4 surgeries later he can?

Again, hope you are right, but I am a little more skeptical.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 28, 2009, 02:04:23 PM

Glad your being optimistic. And I do hear you on the legs being a question mark. But the way the guy can potentially change a game should not be argued.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

DailyRich68

Starter
#41 : February 28, 2009, 02:04:38 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong...I think Carlisle is a great player and have watched him since college.  Nobody likes him more than me.

That being said, we have 2 solid guards.  

I just don't get why we are going after spots that aren't as 'needy'.  We gave up a 2nd rounder for a talented but off-injured TE, and Philly gave up a 5th rounder for a talented yet oft-inured CB.  Which would you have rather done?  I'd have taken Lito all day over Winslow, and no it has nothing to do with where they went to school.  Now we are going after a Guard?  Why?

We may have two solid guards, but can they zone block well?  I don't think it hurts to add a player familiar with the scheme -- who even excelled in the scheme -- not only as a mentor to players learning it but in case those players can't learn it.

richbucsfan

Starter

#42 : February 28, 2009, 02:05:28 PM

You know, DTG, I appreciate your passion for the Bucs, but you and I have totally different approaching to fixing a problem.  The first step in attacking a defense is the QB position.  We do NOT have that.  Further, you have to have a dependable corps of running backs and wide receivers.  We have neither.  And, speaking of attacking, the defensive line has to be staffed by beasts.  We do NOT have that.  The LBs have to be experienced to know the opposing offenses. We do NOT have that.  
PS  The boat story was an ANALOGY.  Look it up in Websters Dictionary to find out what that means, please.  Your dig was way off base.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 28, 2009, 02:07:30 PM

Glad your being optimistic. And I do hear you on the legs being a question mark. But the way the guy can potentially change a game should not be argued.

I am just not so sure we are getting that guy who could change the game back in 07.  I think he is closer to the 08 version at this point.  Hey, I truly hope he comes back strong for us the next several years.  

LFO

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 28, 2009, 02:08:20 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong...I think Carlisle is a great player and have watched him since college.  Nobody likes him more than me.

That being said, we have 2 solid guards.  

I just don't get why we are going after spots that aren't as 'needy'.  We gave up a 2nd rounder for a talented but off-injured TE, and Philly gave up a 5th rounder for a talented yet oft-inured CB.  Which would you have rather done?  I'd have taken Lito all day over Winslow, and no it has nothing to do with where they went to school.  Now we are going after a Guard?  Why?

We may have two solid guards, but can they zone block well?  I don't think it hurts to add a player familiar with the scheme -- who even excelled in the scheme -- not only as a mentor to players learning it but in case those players can't learn it.

I agree, I guess it depends on price. 

The question becomes, what do we do with Sears/Joseph if they can't? 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: RAIDERS G CARLISLE VISITING BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools