Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joseph & Trublood did OK for their first start together « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Rusty

Hall of Famer
: October 15, 2006, 04:40:14 PM

They looked good and Trueblood looked especially good on Caddy's long run. Where's the Yatta?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

coopsxx

Starter
#1 : October 15, 2006, 04:43:33 PM

Yeh they were solid, a few whiffs here and there in run blocking but were surprisingly consistent in pass protection. Very encouraging for the future. What happened to Buenning? Mahan came in and contributed like usual with a false start!

shall555

Starter

#2 : October 15, 2006, 04:44:36 PM

Don't forget about that nice block on the 18 yard run by Caddy. Joseph and Trueblood caved in that side of the line. These guys are going to be good!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 15, 2006, 04:49:07 PM

Maybe gruden and Allen have a plan?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 15, 2006, 04:56:49 PM

It definitely is impressive the pass pro we had today. These 2 guys seem to have some chemistry.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 15, 2006, 05:04:29 PM

they did real good how much did we run their way

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 15, 2006, 06:21:21 PM

OK, wheres the OL Meisters, Chev and Dalbuc ? They looked quite good what I saw but would like to here some 'analysis'.

#7 : October 15, 2006, 06:23:16 PM

I g ive the OL props. Ive been ragging them all year. I dont take back any of my previous comments, butu I like what I see from Joseph and Trueblood. Always liked what Buenning does, and Davis is solid as well.

simms22

Second String

#8 : October 15, 2006, 06:26:25 PM

i say we need to upgrade the center position and maybe get alittle bit more depth but i think we could have a good young nucleus with trueblood, joseph, buenning, and davis.

shall555

Starter

#9 : October 15, 2006, 06:30:38 PM

I liked how Joseph stunned the hell out of every blitzer that came through his gap, with his long arms. His physical dimensions like his reach can't be taught. He's punching these guys in the chest, before they can even get their hands into him.

As for centers, I like Kyle Young out of Fresno State. He's huge @ 6'5" 345 lbs. and is versatile enough to play Center / Guard / Tackle, and looks like one of Gruden's Oakland O-linemen.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#10 : October 15, 2006, 06:32:07 PM

they did look good from what i can tell, things are starting to come together

#11 : October 15, 2006, 06:32:47 PM

I dont think Wade is THAT bad. But I agree we need to upgrade. The biggest improvement will come from having a young talented player anchoring the middle of the OL and making everyone around him better. I just dont think Wade makes the guys around him better the way a Birk or Kreutz do

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 16, 2006, 07:05:54 AM

Trueblood and Joseph made their presence felt on that right side in the Bengals game.  With that said Wade is a decent starter but he can definately be upgraded.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 16, 2006, 10:19:04 AM

"We keep on waiting...Waiting...waiting for the world to change"

The Bucs O-line might be upgraded now that round 1 and round 2 are in there.

Walker straight up was mediocre.  And Blood is huge out there.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 16, 2006, 10:26:51 AM

OK, wheres the OL Meisters, Chev and Dalbuc ? They looked quite good what I saw but would like to here some 'analysis'.

I'm here, but didn't want to start the thread,  LOL  I thought they did good for rookies and have a tremendous upside.  Trueblood looks better in pass pro than I expected and worst in the run game than I expected,.  We are still left handed running the ball and I'd love to see us be a bit more even handed at the point of attack.  I'd like to see that dive play where the guard pulls run to the other side and get Buenning out there leading the way.  When we ran it and Joseph pulled he went right through the line and didn't hit one person...If he'd have just chipped the dlineman on on play I think Caddy would have gone to the house.

Overall I can't be upset with their play.  They stood in and didn't get rag dolled.  What the hell is going on with Buenning.  I was not pleased to see Mahan in there on the left side.  However, they still ran well that way which should lend more credence to the fact that AD is a stud in the making IMVHO.  To have Buenning(whom everyone that was our best guard) out and Mahan in and still get it done should tell you something about AD...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joseph & Trublood did OK for their first start together « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools