Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joseph & Trublood did OK for their first start together « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 16, 2006, 10:29:30 AM

I'm here, but didn't want to start the thread,  LOL  I thought they did good for rookies and have a tremendous upside.  Trueblood looks better in pass pro than I expected and worst in the run game than I expected,.  We are still left handed running the ball and I'd love to see us be a bit more even handed at the point of attack.  I'd like to see that dive play where the guard pulls run to the other side and get Buenning out there leading the way.  When we ran it and Joseph pulled he went right through the line and didn't hit one person...If he'd have just chipped the dlineman on on play I think Caddy would have gone to the house.

Overall I can't be upset with their play.  They stood in and didn't get rag dolled.  What the hell is going on with Buenning.  I was not pleased to see Mahan in there on the left side.  However, they still ran well that way which should lend more credence to the fact that AD is a stud in the making IMVHO.  To have Buenning(whom everyone that was our best guard) out and Mahan in and still get it done should tell you something about AD...
Good post.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 16, 2006, 10:32:35 AM

Trueblood looked good blocking downfield.  There is nothing soft about him he is all nasty.   And Davin joined him as well in in pushing defenders around.  :D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 16, 2006, 10:34:47 AM

Trueblood looked good blocking downfield. There is nothing soft about him he is all nasty. And Davin joined him as well in in pushing defenders around. :D

I recall seeing Joseph break into the second tier, and just horsing a linebacker out of the picture.  Now that was a sight to see!  I was quite juiced about that one...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 16, 2006, 10:40:02 AM

The Bucs O-line might be upgraded now that round 1 and round 2 are in there.

And now that Round 1 and Round 2 is OUT of there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 16, 2006, 10:41:28 AM

And now that Round 1 and Round 2 is OUT of there.

Good point!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 16, 2006, 10:44:21 AM

Trueblood looked good blocking downfield. There is nothing soft about him he is all nasty. And Davin joined him as well in in pushing defenders around. :D

I'm not ready to anoint him as "nasty".  IMO, he needs to be nastier.  We still aren't getting the push on the right side as we do on the left side.  It's better than what we had over there, but not what I'd call equal...JMO

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#21 : October 16, 2006, 10:59:29 AM

the whole OL together played better, 44 pass attempts abd only 2 sacks, thats doing pretty well granted Grads helped them with his feet

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 16, 2006, 11:01:53 AM

A no penalties on either of the two rookies.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joseph & Trublood did OK for their first start together « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools