Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Heck of a game! « previous next »
Page: 1

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

: October 15, 2006, 06:31:38 PM

The worst part about the game was weaving our way out of the masses. That was a hell of a game, and I was proud to witness Gradkowski's 'coming of age' in this league. He's still green, but he's learning. He's adjusting, and I like the kid. That last drive was tremendous. I leaned over and told my daughter when the Bengals were lining up for that last kick, "if they make this, you better call the paramedics. I'm going to have a heart attack."  ;) It's only one win, but it's an important win. 1-4 is better than 0-5. If they come out flat next week against the Eagles; at least they know what can happen when they come together as a team. It was a great win today! I'm not predicting any future outcomes this season. 1-4 can help to turn a season around, but there are many tough bumps in the road ahead for this team. Whatever happens, I like what I see of this young QB! :)

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 15, 2006, 07:00:45 PM

yeah lest see what we can do next week

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 15, 2006, 07:01:17 PM

Philly will be another challenge, and hopefully we can live up to the challenge.

watson

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 15, 2006, 07:05:32 PM

Just a great win!!!  Love the way Grads runs the offense and the way he gets rid of the ball quickly.  Also have to give some kudos to the defense this week.  Still not happy with the pressure they are getting on the QB, but they did an awesome job of stopping the run.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 15, 2006, 07:12:42 PM

yeah phily did not look all that great on D, Breez was able to do some things and the saints ran the ball

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 15, 2006, 07:18:38 PM

I'll be there next week as well. It should be an interesting game. I'm looking forward to seeing how Gradkowski reacts now that he has a win under his belt. The Eagles will blitz like crazy, and I hope that is a focal point in the preparation this week.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools