Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow - caution!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bibfortuna

Second String
: February 28, 2009, 09:20:34 PM

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/92972-why-the-browns-got-rid-of-winslow?eref=fromSI

The article doesn't make me feel any better about our only splash move so far.

What would you do? Jerramy + our 2nd round pick (a good WR this year perhaps?) or Winslow and his knees without the pick?

I hope our Doctors did their job before passing him on his physical and our new TE coach knows a thing or two about him that the media doesn't.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 28, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Winslow went to the ProBowl in 2007, which was after his four surgeries. The four surgeries were for two injuries. Last year he missed significant time due to a staph infection. The Browns had an unheard of 7 staph infections on the team. Winslow called out the GM Savage for failing to fix the staph infection problem and Savage suspended Winslow. The owner stepped in, apologized to Winslow, and rescinded his suspension.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 28, 2009, 09:28:22 PM

Cant blame the guy for wanting to get the hell out of there.

bibfortuna

Second String
#3 : February 28, 2009, 09:30:52 PM

Puts things in perspective, DTG. Thanks.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 28, 2009, 09:34:46 PM

Winslow went to the ProBowl in 2007, which was after his four surgeries. The four surgeries were for two injuries. Last year he missed significant time due to a staph infection. The Browns had an unheard of 7 staph infections on the team. Winslow called out the GM Savage for failing to fix the staph infection problem and Savage suspended Winslow. The owner stepped in, apologized to Winslow, and rescinded his suspension.

... and Savage/GM was promptly fired for inept gestures like this.

Gotta agree. Sure the guy's had injury issues, but reality is, aside from the staph infection (which also got JJ and Braylon E) he's been relatively healthy. And, if nothing else he's been very productive. The 7 offensive PI??? It's called aggression. I wouldn't say it's a sign of slowing down. That article was written by a local fishwrap who are probably comparable to Roy Cummings in Cleveland.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 28, 2009, 09:35:00 PM

Look, the guy has baggage:

1. He's dumb as a post
2. He's had a bunch of injuries
3. He's self-absorbed

You weight that against his ability to produce (check) and your ability to reign in his personality issues (unknown). He's better than we'd get out of our R2 pick in reality and gives us a reliable secondary receiver.

Still, it'll be easy to evaluate this since if he blows out the knee again or turns into a pouty beaotch no one can say the FO didn't know that risk.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 28, 2009, 09:36:44 PM

dal:

The FO went into this with eyes wide open.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 28, 2009, 09:38:42 PM

Who knows, this could be the start of a totally rejuvinated Winslow that will do great things for us. He is very dangerous to defend in the red zone so maybe that's why he was brought in.

bibfortuna

Second String
#8 : February 28, 2009, 09:40:08 PM

The loss of the 2nd round pick can be ameliorated to an extent by signing Housh with the extra cash. TJ should have opportunities to make plays like he did in Cincy - this time with Antonio and a healthy Winslow (minus the stability at QB).

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 28, 2009, 09:42:00 PM

I would be surprised if the Bucs are seriously interested in TJ.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 28, 2009, 09:42:05 PM

dal:

The FO went into this with eyes wide open.

I'm sure they did and not having seen it up close I con't know how "selfish" the cat is. There've been a lot of guys in NFL history that might have been "selfish" in the wrong spots - I mean Irvin was great but he wanted the ball too but was in the right spot to handle it. I like that no one denies his work ethic and his best productivity happened after he got hurt.

I like the deal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 28, 2009, 09:44:33 PM

I like this also. I mean for god sakes look what we did last year with our #2. Winslow will be nice and is proven to be able to be a big time performer.

Baghead #2

bibfortuna

Second String
#12 : February 28, 2009, 09:45:47 PM

Why DTG?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 28, 2009, 09:47:25 PM

Me too, he is almost as old as Morris right?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 28, 2009, 09:50:44 PM

Why DTG?

I'd like to ask the same question.  Sure he isn't a long term fix but why not bring in one of the most productive receiver in the NFL?  We need to spend some money.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow - caution!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools