Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Will The Houshmandzadeh visit get canceled? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: February 28, 2009, 10:55:50 PM

With Clayton re-signing will Housh still come? I don't really see why he would if Clayton got starters money, which there is no reason to think he didn't.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#1 : February 28, 2009, 10:56:18 PM

Trib is refuting that it was even set up.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#2 : February 28, 2009, 10:56:32 PM

No, we still need a WR.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : February 28, 2009, 10:57:31 PM

I think the whole thing was a smoke screen by TJs agent.  I dont see him coming here for a visit

HughC

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 28, 2009, 11:04:08 PM

Look at Indy the last couple of years (Wayne-Harrison-Gonzalez), or Arizona (Fitzgerald-Boldin-Breaston), or New England (Moss-Welker-Gaffney). 

Why not Bryant-TJ-Clayton?

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#5 : February 28, 2009, 11:05:12 PM

I think the whole thing was a smoke screen by TJs agent.  I dont see him coming here for a visit

Yea, I think it was a smoke screen on both sides.  For TJ for leverage in his talks, and for us with regards to Clayton.  Notice how quickly Clayton got signed when news of that deal popped up?

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#6 : February 28, 2009, 11:06:40 PM

I think the whole thing was a smoke screen by TJs agent.  I dont see him coming here for a visit

Yea, I think it was a smoke screen on both sides.  For TJ for leverage in his talks, and for us with regards to Clayton.  Notice how quickly Clayton got signed when news of that deal popped up?

Possibly, but Clayton also said he wanted to return as soon as Morris was named HC.  He could have just gone out to get a true value of his worth (Clayton, that is).

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 28, 2009, 11:08:20 PM

Did Clayton suck all those years just because of Gruden ya think?

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

mrwycka

Second String

#8 : March 01, 2009, 01:19:29 AM

that's a shame if it does get cancelled- clayton is such a waste.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 01, 2009, 01:27:57 AM

Yeah, it's Gru's fault he was hit in the middle of the numbers and dropped it repeatedly. It's Gru's fault he got hurt. It's Gru's fault he got fat, got a big head and was out of shape.
You don't reward guys like that. You extract them.

In Verner We Trust

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 01, 2009, 01:30:18 AM

If they cancel any WR visits in favor of the Clayton signing they should just throw in the towel right now for 2009!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 01, 2009, 01:34:08 AM

If they cancel any WR visits in favor of the Clayton signing they should just throw in the towel right now for 2009!
You aren't "sleeping" on that post!

I agree one hundo.

Problem is, T.J. may have one or two good, productive seasons ahead of him.

His "downward spiral" trend (look at his numbers) may have been the result of a team that was flirting with "defeatedness", AKA Bengholes SUCK, and the loss of Palmer.  TJ is a good wideout, but given the nature of this, let us not call it a rebuild, but an 'ahem' makeover, it seems that the Bucs want to shore up, rather than buy patch kits.  TJ would be better in MInny, where he can instantly be the #1, and work with Sage and Peterson, and a beastly defensive line.

TJ in Tampa?  I doubt it.

Now watch him sign in twelve hours...

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 01, 2009, 01:40:47 AM

I would love to see Houz here along with Nate Washington, and then bump Clayton's azz to the #4 slot where he belongs.

kmitchell

Starter

#13 : March 01, 2009, 01:43:37 AM

I would love to see Houz here along with Nate Washington, and then bump Clayton's azz to the #4 slot where he belongs.

That would be a very nice WR corp to have, doubt it would happen though.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#14 : March 01, 2009, 01:45:35 AM

Clayton is no longer the option for the #4 after the size of his deal.  His deal screams #2 or #3 (but I'd be shocked if he is #3).
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Will The Houshmandzadeh visit get canceled? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools