Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is anyone here willing to admit the Colts made the right choice in... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Grudens_Flame

Second String

« : January 22, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »

trading for a Booger that we couldn't wait to pick? I think he really helped them out and we got him off our books. One of the few trades in recent years in any sport that seems like a good deal for both teams. Thoughts?

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.   -  Julius (Remember the Titans)

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #1 : January 22, 2007, 07:29:48 PM »

Booger was one of the main reasons why the Colts defense allowed 150+ rushing yards in all of their regular season games. ;D

We got a major steal for Booger with their second round pick if Steve McNair went to the Ravens for their fourth round pick.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 22, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »

They have to win it all for the trade to be worthwhile to the Colts.  If they lose they will be in the same position just like 31 other teams.

Had the Bucs failed to win the Super Bowl after all the Glazers traded for Gruden I do not think there would be a soul saying it was a good trade for the Bucs.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #3 : January 22, 2007, 07:38:58 PM »

Let's get this straight we paid Booger BooKoo bucks to play under tackle in our system and he never panned out. Now he's playing nose tackle and doing exactly what he did here as a nose tackle. In essence the Colts are now over paying him to play NT. It's worked out somewhat for them, but at a significant cost. A cost that will also factor into whether Freeney gets a big deal or not this off season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 22, 2007, 07:42:31 PM »

True.

But damn the cost if you do win the entire enchalada.  If not losing a second rounder hurts for a team having a hard time keeping defensive talent (I am not sure how they keep Freeney in the off season).   That is why this is the Colts best chance of winning it all at the moment.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 22, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »

Let's get this straight we paid Booger BooKoo bucks to play under tackle in our system and he never panned out. Now he's playing nose tackle and doing exactly what he did here as a nose tackle. In essence the Colts are now over paying him to play NT. It's worked out somewhat for them, but at a significant cost. A cost that will also factor into whether Freeney gets a big deal or not this off season.

Not necessarily.  Since the Bucs paid Booger's signing bonus, the Colts can cut him without taking any kind of hit.  Most likely, though, they restructure his deal in the offseason, with an "extension" that in actuality is a pay cut.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #6 : January 22, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »

If they win the superbowl, anything they did this past season/offseason was worth it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 22, 2007, 07:45:20 PM »

McF wasn't working out for us. The fact that he sorta maybe helps them isn't an issue. His value here was 0, I'm not concerned with what his value there is or isn't. For us anything was better than what he's been giving us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 22, 2007, 07:46:21 PM »

The problem is they have Corey Simon situation they have to figure out as well and many notable players on offense that need extensions in the future.  They could restructure Booger's contract to lower his total cap value in 2007 but by doing so they are giving Booger guaranteed money pro rated over the remaining part of the contract.  Currently Booger is just operating on a base salary.  It would not be wise of the Colts to restructure Booger in my opinion.  That is how the Bucs were in a bind in the first place when McKay and Allen restructured Booger's contract multiple times.

original

Pro Bowler

« #9 : January 22, 2007, 08:17:16 PM »

Mcfarland was a better NT then UT when he was here.  I was quite surprise we didn't switch him and Hovan to see if it would have made a difference.

goto11

Starter
« #10 : January 22, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »

The Colts may be playing better on defense now, but that has more to do with the return of Sanders than it does Booger's arrival.  McFarland is not worth his current salary at nose tackle nor is he worth a 2nd round pick, even if it is #64.  Bruce Allen completely fleeced the Colts on that one.

« #11 : January 23, 2007, 08:39:39 AM »

They have to win it all for the trade to be worthwhile to the Colts.  If they lose they will be in the same position just like 31 other teams.

Had the Bucs failed to win the Super Bowl after all the Glazers traded for Gruden I do not think there would be a soul saying it was a good trade for the Bucs.

Yeah, but this cost the Colts much less...I think that the Booger trade ("Mommy, what's a 'Booger trade'?") made a lot of sense for both of these teams.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 23, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »

I think both teams made out in the deal only because the guy who can't make adjustments and win the big one a=had the forsight to move Boger back to the NT.  Something I've been saying sense his first year as a flop at UT...we got a 2nd rounder they got arguably one of the best NT's(when he's motivated to play) in the game...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 23, 2007, 08:54:16 AM »

I think both teams made out in the deal only because the guy who can't make adjustments and win the big one a=had the forsight to move Boger back to the NT.  Something I've been saying sense his first year as a flop at UT...we got a 2nd rounder they got arguably one of the best NT's(when he's motivated to play) in the game...

This is true. The Bucs decided to play him at the spot his salary demanded and not where his best talent lay. I'm still not a huge fan of his at either spot and I don't agree he's one of the best because that "when he's motivated" part is huge - he's usually not. Thing is he is playing well this post-season and the Colts are getting something out of him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 23, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »

Booger is contributing because the golf courses in Indiana are not open in December and January. The Bucs could have given the Colts a second round pick to take him and I still would have considered it to be a good deal. He wasn't producing at his level of compensation. The production at the position might not get any better, but at least the player won't be overpaid. Also, that money can be better spent on players who earn it.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is anyone here willing to admit the Colts made the right choice in... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools