Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we still attempt to clean house? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

simms22

Second String

« : October 15, 2006, 04:47:01 PM »

After today's game do you think guys like rice, phillips, booger, and kelly are still on the trading block?

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
« #1 : October 15, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »

Yes, too many guys in their 30s. we would only be delaying the inevitable. I like the fact that ownership wants to rebuild.

simms22

Second String

« #2 : October 15, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

Yes, too many guys in their 30s. we would only be delaying the inevitable. I like the fact that ownership wants to rebuild.
i agree, while theres probably not a better player we could find to replace rice with this year we need to rebuild for the future.

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #3 : October 15, 2006, 04:50:50 PM »

Yes, they played better, but there still not going to be guys that are around for a long time so lets get some value for them now! If anything, maybe today's play increases their value. Don't get fooled into thinking one game is aturn around. We still need to rebuild for next year.

simms22

Second String

« #4 : October 15, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »

Lets face it, within 3 years or less brooks, barber, alstott, kelly, rice, and quarles will more than likely be retired, we need to get value for a couple of them while we still can.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #5 : October 15, 2006, 04:53:01 PM »

Yes... Even if the D plays lights out for the rest of the year, they still need to be gone and replaced with younger playmakers. Simms should be the first person on the trading block though. I'm convinced Gradkowski is the man for the team now.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 15, 2006, 05:47:56 PM »

Yes, should have been done this offseason.  Better late than never!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #7 : October 15, 2006, 06:10:48 PM »

Wow, it's getting ridiculous having to keep explaining to all you "trade Simms" gurus that he's hurt & will be a UNrestricted free agent after the season! There's a lot of stupid GMs, but few that trade fur a guy who's huirt & you can get in the off season for no picks! [banghead]

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 15, 2006, 06:13:21 PM »

I think you are wrong Karen, respectfully of course...

If a team doesn't want to go through the bidding process and want him bad enough, he is good trade bait for a late draft pick...

Might as well get something for him if we can.

drywallbuc

Starter

« #9 : October 15, 2006, 06:18:19 PM »

does simms have to sign with a team that picks him up right now? if not then whats to say hestays there. saying that i would love to see us pick up a couple picks for him. if new team faces a bidding war anyhow they might as well wait.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #10 : October 15, 2006, 08:52:12 PM »

Karen you are right. These people are drinking some kind of unauthorized secret- military koolaid.  No team would trade any pick for Simms just so he can hold a clipboard.  His agent has already stated he isn't negotiating with the Bucs during the season. Thats not because he doesn't like the Bucs. Its because the decision was to play out the year under the one year contract and become a UFA.   NO ONE WILL TRADE FOR SIMMS!  I'll bet my farm on it and on Wednesday we'll know for sure.

simms22

Second String

« #11 : October 15, 2006, 08:53:40 PM »

Karen you are right. These people are drinking some kind of unauthorized secret- military koolaid. No team would trade any pick for Simms just so he can hold a clipboard. His agent has already stated he isn't negotiating with the Bucs during the season. Thats not because he doesn't like the Bucs. Its because the decision was to play out the year under the one year contract and become a UFA. NO ONE WILL TRADE FOR SIMMS! I'll bet my farm on it and on Wednesday we'll know for sure.
not saying they are going to, but if a team knows that they arent the only one who wants a qb they will offer up a low pick instead of bidding for him.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #12 : October 15, 2006, 08:54:25 PM »

does simms have to sign with a team that picks him up right now? if not then whats to say hestays there.
Thats the whole think, Dry.  These people think that some team is going to give us a draft pick just on the chance they can get  the agent to drop his strategy because of some whining and dining and warm and fuzzy talk. Not gonna happen.

Grads, every team will still have to bid for him after the season. He's an unrestricted free agent.  Trading for him won't help a team to have any leg up on Simms.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : October 15, 2006, 08:56:50 PM »

yes.  Most of this D has to change after the season anyway.  Why not get something for them ... but I feel nothing is going to get done prior to the deadline.  I'm guessing we'll have to wait till after the season to see any major changes.

simms22

Second String

« #14 : October 15, 2006, 08:59:05 PM »

Thats the whole think, Dry.  These people think that some team is going to give us a draft pick just on the chance they can get  the agent to drop his strategy because of some whining and dining and warm and fuzzy talk. Not gonna happen.

Grads, every team will still have to bid for him after the season. He's an unrestricted free agent. Trading for him won't help a team to have any leg up on Simms.
but chances are if a team is willing to trade for him than simms loyalty will be with that team most likely. Simms isnt a guy that wants tons of money, and if he learns another system this year i doubt he wants to go somewhere else and do it all over again.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we still attempt to clean house? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools