Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vick hit....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Pious12

Practice Squad

#15 : October 15, 2006, 07:40:34 PM

You can get a penalty for blowing on Vick.

I wouldn't recommend blowing on Vick...you'll probably come away with all sorts of sores!!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 15, 2006, 07:54:05 PM

Lol Stereo, Pious!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : October 15, 2006, 07:57:32 PM

This is actually strategy against him. He doesn't want to get hit and he doesn't know how to slide. So what he does is runs over to the sideline and then he can't get hit. Players know this and it is frustrating if you are on the field getting beaten by a RB at QB all day. A strategy to get him to stop running is to knock him out or to hit him hard, late, out of bounds and then he will think twice about taking off.

I have actually wondered when coaches are going to coach their players to hit him one time, really square like, to get him to think twice against them about running. It is worth the 15 yards in all actuality because he can kill you right quick with his speed.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 15, 2006, 08:01:03 PM

This is actually strategy against him. He doesn't want to get hit and he doesn't know how to slide. So what he does is runs over to the sideline and then he can't get hit. Players know this and it is frustrating if you are on the field getting beaten by a RB at QB all day. A strategy to get him to stop running is to knock him out or to hit him hard, late, out of bounds and then he will think twice about taking off.

I have actually wondered when coaches are going to coach their players to hit him one time, really square like, to get him to think twice against them about running. It is worth the 15 yards in all actuality because he can kill you right quick with his speed.

I agree, that is a good coaching strategy.  The problem with a guy like Vick is he can run toward the sidelines like he is going to step out, then as soon as the defender lets up he will turn on a dime, cut back inside, and run up the field.  If you are the last line of defense between Vick and the goal line, better to get 15 yards than let him score.  Plus it will give him something to remember the next time he is thinking about taking off and running.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 15, 2006, 10:09:49 PM

Clean or not I LOVED it!!!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 15, 2006, 10:25:43 PM

Loved it as well and the Falcons are in serious trouble. They have the Steelers coming in who will murder Vick....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 15, 2006, 10:27:06 PM

The blueprint for beating the Falcons is out.  Run at them, run at them, and run at them some more.  Don't try to beat them with 53 passing attempts like we did.  Hopefully we will have learned by round 2.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 16, 2006, 12:13:28 AM

strahan said during his interview that their game plan was to hit Vick as much as they could,now every team will.

bucs8ball

Starter

#23 : October 16, 2006, 12:37:56 AM

The week following the Bucs/Falcons game, Brooks said a couple of times they backed off Vick when he went to the sideline and then he would gobble up a couple of extra yards. Smart move by the Giants. I say hit 'em everytime and take the penalty yards.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 16, 2006, 02:11:03 AM

Vick's a pansy.

Remember a couple of years ago when Vick hurt his shoulder against the Bucs?  I still remember him being interviewed and saying,"It hurts a lot.  So much I can't even tie my shoes!"  ROFLMAO you wuss.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#25 : October 16, 2006, 02:17:00 AM

I tell you one thing THIS IS WARRICK'S YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 16, 2006, 10:32:33 AM

Vick did get hit late, the team has a right to be upset because their most valuable cog is running the risk of injury.  I don't blame the Falcons for getting upset.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 16, 2006, 10:48:18 AM

Vick did get hit late, the team has a right to be upset because their most valuable cog is running the risk of injury. I don't blame the Falcons for getting upset.

No doubt it was late. They can cry all they want, I wish they would've injured Vick on that hit, put him out of his misery. Pierce, the LB who hit Vick, said the reason he crushed him was to give payback for all the cut blocks the Falcons did throughout the game....here's the article...

Pierce says cut blocks lead to hit on Vick

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce said his late game shove of Falcons quarterback Michael Vick after Vick stepped out of bounds near Atlanta's sideline was retribution for the cut blocks he and his teammates faced throughout Sunday's game, which New York won 24-17.

"They were beating me up pretty good," said Pierce, who was penalized 15 yards for a personal foul. "They can thank themselves for that, and I can thank myself for knocking out Vick. I can't see if somebody's out of bounds. I'm not going to stop myself there. You see guys who try to pull up and then they're out for the year with a torn ACL. If they thought it was late, it was late."

Several Falcons players surrounded Pierce, and it took several seconds for coaches to separate players from both teams after some Giants players came to Pierce's defense. Vick continued to jaw with Pierce when he walked back on the field, which almost led to another altercation.

"I was a little frustrated about what had been going on," Vick said. "Frustrated that we didn't have more points than them.

"I know Pierce truly knew I was running out of bounds. We talked during the game and he seemed like a pretty cool dude and he was going to take that shot at the end, it kind of upset me. Not only me, but everybody. We've got each other's back. Some of us lost our tempers, but that's going to happen in football games."

shutdabucup

Second String

#28 : October 16, 2006, 12:03:44 PM

It was a late hit, and Pierce could have pulled up, but he didn't. And that is what defensive coordinators are going to allow when they look at the game film. The very next play Vick had an opportunity to run, but opted to pass it off to his check. Vick will not be playing in this league for long because he will not stop running to the sidelines, and players are fed up with him getting all the attention. He got nailed today and whether Mora likes it or not, that is going to be a trend in this league.
I SAY WE NAIL HIM THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME IN TAMPA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't know about nailing him, although it is hard to feel any sympathy for the guy.  He is an obvious running threat and it happens many times that he heads to the sidelines, people pull up and he cuts back and makes them look stupid.  If that is the way he wants to play it, then people should go at him full speed and make the hit...if he gets hit as he steps out of bounds so be it - take the penalty.  Perhaps it will make him hesitate the next time.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 16, 2006, 01:18:06 PM

He gets more garbage yards than any other QB in the league.  I'm glad Pierce clocked him. I wish it was a Tampa player that clocked him and I hope the Steelers eat him up next week. Everyone knows now that the way to rattle Vick is to hit him.

Also, on the point of the Falcons cut-blocking, the NFL needs to do something about them. Tampa came out of that game with more injuries than any other game this year I believe. They're just a dirty team with a cry-baby coach and a glass quarterback. I still find it hilarious that Mora sent a film to the NFL ref's last year because he thought Tampa played dirty, and they sent 3 fines to players on his team. That was priceless.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Vick hit....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools