Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we set the record straight? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BucfaninDC

Starter

#15 : January 23, 2007, 10:40:16 AM

Gruden didn't win the Super Bowl.  The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl, in which the head coach was an integral part.  Of course, that was 5 years ago.  I'm more concerned with the current Buccaneers who all year looked like they would struggle against a Junior College team.

Dungy hasn't been here in 6 years, McKay hasn't been here in 4.  Who cares about them, let's worry about who the current coaching staff and players are and what they intend to do about the current mess.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 23, 2007, 10:52:13 AM

Look, I agree with you.  But this post is as bad as those who go out of their way to promulgate the "Guden won with Dungy's team" myth.  Just let it go.

corporal.clegg

Second String

#17 : January 23, 2007, 11:16:39 AM

Gruden didn't win the Super Bowl. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl, in which the head coach was an integral part. Of course, that was 5 years ago. I'm more concerned with the current Buccaneers who all year looked like they would struggle against a Junior College team.

Dungy hasn't been here in 6 years, McKay hasn't been here in 4. Who cares about them, let's worry about who the current coaching staff and players are and what they intend to do about the current mess.

post of the week ^^ AMEN !!!!

#18 : January 23, 2007, 12:54:18 PM

Look, I agree with you. But this post is as bad as those who go out of their way to promulgate the "Guden won with Dungy's team" myth. Just let it go.

The reason and the inspiration came from Sileo's show this morning....the caller came with the "since we all know Gruden won with Dungy's team" card.  Sileo did rebut him either

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 23, 2007, 03:34:36 PM

It most certainly is a myth that continues to be brought up.  Dungy was a nice guy and most loyal to his players.  What is not to like about him?  Class and decent all the way!!

Unfortunately, as those that support the myth fail to grasp is when Gruden took over the zenith had already occurred at the Bucs  and they were beginning a huge downhill slope..

1. Dunn was gone!

2. McKay was trying to leave!

3. Gruden was a man all alone with no coaches that he could bring with him.

4. The bucs draft no longer had any premium picks.

What normally happens in such a situation?    I would say the odds are quite good of a dismal season.

However, that isn't what happened and bit by bit Gruden put together a miraculous season peaking at just the right time on a team that just kept executing better and better as Gruden's play calling a personnel decisions continued to fluster NFC coaches who really weren't prepared for the  Gruden offense.  Add a stellar defense making plays, good special teams and the Bucs had a wonderful season and Super Bowl trophy.

The next season unfortunately a combination of factors all came home to roost and the Bucs floundered badly. Truly Luck struck again when the Bucs made the playoffs again in 2005.  2006 while most disappointing is still probably about right considering what transpired last season at QB alone.

2007???    hopefully will be filled with good FA's and draft picks to begin building the team for a very serious run in 2008.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#20 : January 23, 2007, 04:02:09 PM

I don't look at it as Gruden winning with Dungys team, but Dungy did build one of the best D's of all time and that helped us win. Gruden on his own has done nothing here, we were at our best when we had a REAL GM and a HC, now we have a puppet and an egomaniac!.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 23, 2007, 04:07:06 PM

I don't look at it as Gruden winning with Dungys team, but Dungy did build one of the best D's of all time and that helped us win. Gruden on his own has done nothing here, we were at our best when we had a REAL GM and a HC, now we have a puppet and an egomaniac!.

Hmmmm?  Sadly I honestly believe you are serious...    Rich Mckay a "real GM"  surely you jest!!

egomaniac??   Steve Dumbeg is that you??

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 23, 2007, 04:07:27 PM

AMEN!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 23, 2007, 05:11:09 PM

Somebody tries to set the record straight every month or so.  It's never going to happen.  Gruden won a Superbowl with us.  I hope Dungy wins a Superbowl in two weeks.  I like both guys and probably always will.  Rehashing the past will not change that, and it will never change anyone's mind on the subject as both sides have their standard arguments that can neither be proven nor disproven.

#24 : January 23, 2007, 05:15:55 PM

Oh God not him again.

#25 : January 23, 2007, 05:34:08 PM

Wyche and Kiffin helped to build on one of the best D's ever, NOT JUST DUNGY ####ING IDIOTS.
Nope it was all Dungy, Gruden sucks and he ruined everything.

#26 : January 23, 2007, 05:33:13 PM

Wyche and Kiffin helped to build on one of the best D's ever, NOT JUST DUNGY ####ING IDIOTS.

#27 : January 23, 2007, 05:49:23 PM

Nope it was all Dungy, Gruden sucks and he ruined everything.
You're not a true Bucs fan if you're not willing to drink Dungy's urine and sacrfice Gruden's dog.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 23, 2007, 05:50:29 PM

I think Gruden won with John Garvey's team. Garv is the straw that stirs the drink, ya'al.

In Verner We Trust

#29 : January 23, 2007, 08:59:30 PM

I think Gruden won with John Garvey's team. Garv is the straw that stirs the drink, ya'al.
LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we set the record straight? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools