Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we set the record straight? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 23, 2007, 09:21:16 PM

Wyche and Kiffin helped to build on one of the best D's ever, NOT JUST DUNGY ####ING IDIOTS.

So did Wyche, Dungy and Kiffin win that Super Bowl too? Gruden seems to get a ton of credit for that but I see a lot of folks very eager to spread the credit around very thin for anyone else. I know Gruden has built a top 5, err umm, no, wait, top 10, um, top 50%, no...wait, top 2/3's, drat hold on *calculator buttons tapping* top 97% offense. That's pretty good or did Richard Mann, and Art Valerio mostly build that?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#31 : January 23, 2007, 09:23:48 PM

Wyche and Kiffin helped to build on one of the best D's ever, NOT JUST DUNGY ####ING IDIOTS.

So did Wyche, Dungy and Kiffin win that Super Bowl too? Gruden seems to get a ton of credit for that but I see a lot of folks very eager to spread the credit around very thin for anyone else. I know Gruden has built a top 5, err umm, no, wait, top 10, um, top 50%, no...wait, top 2/3's, drat hold on *calculator buttons tapping* top 97% offense. That's pretty good or did Richard Mann, and Art Valerio mostly build that?
Nice job manipulating the fact that most of the Dungy-Daisies want to act like he built the entire defense that won the SB.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 23, 2007, 09:28:08 PM

Nice job manipulating the fact that most of the Dungy-Daisies want to act like he built the entire defense that won the SB.

Nice job dodging the issue. You are all full of Gruden won a SB when anyone talks about firing him but others don't seem to gain credit quite as easily in your eyes.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#33 : January 23, 2007, 09:29:06 PM

I'd rather people give credit to Wyche for drafting those players, and Kiffin for being 'the man' for that defense than give Dungy all the credit in the world, he deserves his share, sure, but not all.

#34 : January 23, 2007, 09:30:37 PM

Nice job dodging the issue. You are all full of Gruden won a SB when anyone talks about firing him but others don't seem to gain credit quite as easily in your eyes.
I'm full of bringing up the Gru SB? Dal perhaps you're mistaking me since I usually don't get into the 'FIRE GRU' threads, see my above post for my feelings, Gru was responsible for that offensive surge that put us over the hump in the playoffs, Kiffin - Wyche - Dungy, ect. get credit, as far as 50/50 or whatever, I don't know....but Dungy didn't 'build' that defense as some UMGuy1999 for example, have said.

#35 : January 23, 2007, 09:32:18 PM

What, exactly, is the issue? I mean, seriously...

The Buccaneers won the Super Bowl in 2002.

The Head Coach of the Buccaneers in 2002 was Jon Gruden.

Since then Gruden has been inconsistent at best.

Dungy built the 2002 team? (whatever that means...)
Then Gruden built the other 2002 Super Bowl team.
Big. Freakin. Deal.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 23, 2007, 09:32:48 PM

I'm full of bringing up the Gru SB? Dal perhaps you're mistaking me since I usually don't get into the 'FIRE GRU' threads, see my above post for my feelings, Gru was responsible for that offensive surge that put us over the hump in the playoffs, Kiffin - Wyche - Dungy, ect. get credit, as far as 50/50 or whatever, I don't know....but Dungy didn't 'build' that defense as some UMGuy1999 for example, have said.

It was Dungy's defense. He wasn't the GM so he didn't bring in the players. He's the HC and the HC gets credit for happens on his watch. In the end, to me, it wasn't Dungy's defense that won the SB, it was Gruden's because those were his players but you can't go splitting hairs about giving credit tp Wyche and god knows who else folks will try for what Dungy did while he was here. His team, his results just like Gruden has his team and his results.

#37 : January 23, 2007, 09:35:44 PM

Okay Dungy-Daisy ;) point taken though, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was taking credit away from Dungy, but please acting like he was the second coming is getting old.

#38 : January 23, 2007, 10:00:47 PM

I am getting sick of hearing Goobers calling 620 stating "Gruden won with Dungy's team" 

You should call the radio station and set those people straight.

You can also say this.

1) Dungy or his staff NEVER developed a young QB
2) Dungy or his staff NEVER developed a good WR

Some of the same things that Gruden was hammered for

I believe that that is supposed to be Gruden's area of expertise.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#39 : January 23, 2007, 10:08:23 PM

Dungy, Dungy, Dungy... Im so tired of this Dungy won this he won that when he wasnt even the coach!!! What about Kiffin does he get any love for bringing the Tampa Cover 2 here to Tampa in the first place. Its wasnt Dungy's Defense it was Kiffin. He is the archetect of the Tampa 2. How many of you guys on here knew that? Kiffin was a D cordinator WAYYYY before Dungy was HC. Kiffin everywhere he has been has had stellar defenses, He coached NO back in the early 90's and then went to MInnasota was coached the Vikings on Before Tony Dungy brought him here when he got the Bucs Job! Just go on the Bucs web site and look up Kiffins Resume. You will see he was the one Saving Dungy's job all those years when we had no Offense.  I l**CENSORED** Dungy all im saying is give credit where it is due. The Tampa 2 is Kiffins System not Dundy's folks....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#40 : January 23, 2007, 10:11:26 PM

Dungy hired Kiffin, RJ.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#41 : January 23, 2007, 10:11:41 PM

It was Dungy's defense. He wasn't the GM so he didn't bring in the players. He's the HC and the HC gets credit for happens on his watch. In the end, to me, it wasn't Dungy's defense that won the SB, it was Gruden's because those were his players but you can't go splitting hairs about giving credit tp Wyche and god knows who else folks will try for what Dungy did while he was here. His team, his results just like Gruden has his team and his results.

Its not Dungy's Defense. It's Kiffins people get your facts right.... Dungy Implimented Kiffins System!!!!

Everyone please go to the bucs web site and read Kiffins Bio. It might help some of you understand how vaulble Monte is to this team and how vauble he was to Dungy. Why you think when he got fired the Glazers told him that Kiffin stays because Dungy wanted to take Monte with him to indy..

#42 : January 23, 2007, 10:16:14 PM

Dungy hired Kiffin, RJ.
The Glazers hired Dungy, and his coaching staff.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#43 : January 23, 2007, 10:17:25 PM

Dungy hired Kiffin, RJ.
[/quote

Just cause Dungy hired him dont mean that Kiffin didnt bring his system to the Bucs which he did! Karen you need to take those blinders off . This Defense is Kiffin's system and he was the Originator of the Tampa 2, Sam Wyche Drafted Brooks, Sapp and Lynch. Dungy just came in and coached them. Same whay that Gruden came in and took us to promise land after dungy couldnt get it done and even the players have said it was something they needed to light a fire under them because dungy had took them as far as they was going to go...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#44 : January 23, 2007, 10:18:33 PM

And yet some people want to credit Jon with the D coaches branching out, since he's the HC & is surely responsible for everything that happens. Oh don't be nitpicky.  They hired Kiffin cuz Dungy wanted him.  To deny this is ignorance.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we set the record straight? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools