Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GTFO Booger « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 15, 2006, 04:53:19 PM

http://www.buccaneers.com/team/gamestats.aspx?header=&type=individual&listid=gamestats&gamedate=10/15/2006

Says it all.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 15, 2006, 04:54:54 PM

Nice of Booger to show up in the stats sheet this week.  Too bad his backup blew him away.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 15, 2006, 04:55:09 PM

Noticed Wymms playing a lot more today. Who got the sack on that last possession?

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 15, 2006, 04:55:54 PM

Booger needs to sit his ass on the bench and Allen needs to trade that golfer posing as a DT. Wyms needs to earn his salary.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 15, 2006, 04:58:33 PM

Wyms got both sacks.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 15, 2006, 05:01:47 PM

And Wyms is earning that 3 mil salary. But IF Booger is infront of him, he can't really earn it now can he.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 15, 2006, 05:55:13 PM

Wyms didn't even start and more than doubled Booger's tackles and had the Bucs' only two sacks. If the Bucs can get anything for Booger now, I say do it. We aren't going to lose much by replacing Booger with Wyms and we might actually get better. Also, if we can get any kind of a draft pick for a player that we are going to cut in the off season, then great.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#7 : October 15, 2006, 05:59:23 PM

I cant be mad at Booger. I cant fault him for being a 1st round pick and accepting a big contract extension. NOt his fault he is only average. I wont insult him personally because hes not what we want him to be. But best of luck to him wherever he goes next year. He can take Rice with him too

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 15, 2006, 07:48:36 PM

Player                         Tkls   Solo   Ass   Sacks   

Ellis Wyms                  6   5    1      2   
Anthony Mcfarland    2      2       0         0    

While he did show up, 2 tkls doesn't cut it...good for Wyms stepping up today.  I'd make that change full time.

Shoot, maybe we could trade Booger for a nasty 7-11 burrito and 2 lotto tix. ;)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 15, 2006, 07:51:29 PM

I cant be mad at Booger. I cant fault him for being a 1st round pick and accepting a big contract extension. NOt his fault he is only average. I wont insult him personally because hes not what we want him to be. But best of luck to him wherever he goes next year. He can take Rice with him too

Can't be mad at Booger?  WTF?  The man should be arrested for robbery.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 15, 2006, 08:12:08 PM

Also White played a lot at UT on 3rd down...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#11 : October 15, 2006, 08:21:07 PM

Somebody mentioned it before - I would like to see us trade Booger for Doss. Dungy needs a UT because Simon is out for the year. He drafted Booger so maybe he can light a spark under his ass. Probably not but it is worth a shot at a trade since Doss is also on the block. We need a safety, they need a DT for depth at the least.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 15, 2006, 08:35:57 PM

I have never been a Booger Backer, but hoever was in there did a pretty good job holding the Bengals to 53 yards rushing on 20 attempts.   The Bucs front line completely shut down the running game, which is the main objective of the Bucs defense.   

Caradoc and other pilers on should probably try to recall Scott Reynolds' words on the Deumig show and I'm sure by others elsewhere that you don't judge a tackle by his number of tackles.  But you do expect him Booger to make some "splash plays."

Well Booger didn't come up with the "splash plays" but ... 53 yards rushing for the game.  There is no way that you can criticize anybody on the D-line with results like that.

My question is did Wymms play any DE or just DT?  If he got all those stats from the DT position then thats pretty amazing. If he got some playing DE thats still pretty darn good, but DEs will get more tackles and sacks than DTs.  And if Wymms got all those stats from the DT then you would have to say put him in there for good because he's going to the probowl. 

How many plays was Booger out there for? If he was out there for most of the game and they got 53 yards rushing he deserves credit.  If he was sitting on the bench most of the time then he doesn't.  The box score doesn't say how many plays he was out there.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 15, 2006, 08:37:55 PM

The three starting LB's led the team in tackles, not the DT's. While I agree to a certain extent with what you're saying, there is no question that Booger has underachieved. The job of the UT in this defense is to first create pressure up the middle, and he's consistently NOT doing that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 15, 2006, 09:44:57 PM

I have never been a Booger Backer, but hoever was in there did a pretty good job holding the Bengals to 53 yards rushing on 20 attempts.   The Bucs front line completely shut down the running game, which is the main objective of the Bucs defense.   

Caradoc and other pilers on should probably try to recall Scott Reynolds' words on the Deumig show and I'm sure by others elsewhere that you don't judge a tackle by his number of tackles.  But you do expect him Booger to make some "splash plays."

Well Booger didn't come up with the "splash plays" but ... 53 yards rushing for the game.  There is no way that you can criticize anybody on the D-line with results like that.

My question is did Wymms play any DE or just DT?  If he got all those stats from the DT position then thats pretty amazing. If he got some playing DE thats still pretty darn good, but DEs will get more tackles and sacks than DTs.  And if Wymms got all those stats from the DT then you would have to say put him in there for good because he's going to the probowl. 

How many plays was Booger out there for? If he was out there for most of the game and they got 53 yards rushing he deserves credit.  If he was sitting on the bench most of the time then he doesn't.  The box score doesn't say how many plays he was out there.

I guess you missed the rest of his comments, you know, the part where he said the guy stinks?  If you're gonna pull in SR to back your point, make sure he agrees with it first.

There's a lot more than the stats and the splash, and he's getting none of that done either...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GTFO Booger « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools