Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm a "Hater!" « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: January 31, 2007, 01:44:24 AM

Joe Thomas or Jake Long... Who's the better tackle...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 31, 2007, 02:26:29 AM

Are you serious?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 31, 2007, 07:19:13 AM

Well seeing as you must have missed the USC/Michigan game......

Joe Thomas is far and away, head shoulders better than Long...........

Baghead #2

psymun

Starter
#3 : January 31, 2007, 08:44:31 AM

No... I missed it...

If he's that bad... then why did he win the Big Ten O-Lineman of the year award and consensus 1st team along with Joe Thomas?

And what about Sam Baker? How good is he in your minds?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 31, 2007, 12:44:41 PM

No... I missed it...

If he's that bad... then why did he win the Big Ten O-Lineman of the year award and consensus 1st team along with Joe Thomas?

Long really struggled against USC but there could have been some factors that contributed to that, not sure.

I don't think anyone said he was bad or even average. He is a really nice prospect and will undoubtedly be in the top handful of LT's coming out next year and he could be the #1 LT off the board next year. Many already have him as the #1 LT coming out next year. However, he is simply not in the same class as Joe Thomas at this juncture, no LT prospect in this class is...

Regarding the Big Ten OL of the year award, IMHO that is an absolute joke, maybe a misprint. Joe Thomas won the outland trophy award for the nations best OL. Thomas is without question the consensus #1 LT in this class and the #1 collegiate LT in the country.

Baker is very similar to Long in the fact that they are both just a year of seasoning away from being in that elite category. Either one could be the consensus #1 LT next year.

At least you admit you are hater though, most don't....

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 31, 2007, 01:26:50 PM

No... I missed it...

Long really struggled against USC but there could have been some factors that contributed to that, not sure.

Regarding the Big Ten OL of the year award, IMHO that is an absolute joke, maybe a misprint. Joe Thomas won the outland trophy award for the nations best OL. Thomas is without question the consensus #1 LT in this class and the #1 collegiate LT in the country. [/i]

At least you admit you are hater though, most don't....

That about sums it up.  How can a guy win the Big Ten OL of the year, and have a rival win the nations best lineman?

I agree C'ville.  An absolute joke, with no punchline.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm a "Hater!" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools