Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So why even cut Ike? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#15 : March 03, 2009, 06:59:34 AM

The guy never complained, didn't cost very much, and was ok with being a #4 receiver and made most of the catches that we needed him to?  ???

True, he was a valuable receiver in the anti-vertical offense led by skippy legs garcia, great for the dump downs

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 03, 2009, 07:02:58 AM

With all due respect, that is a ridiculous statement.  I wish I had a dollar for every 3rd down Ike converted to a first.  

now what would you do with that extra 30 dollars?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 03, 2009, 07:51:37 AM

yet Clayton couldn't do it and he gets a 25 million dollar contract?

ok then...

Clayton wasn't the designated TE. He sucks but at least he was running real routes. What was Ike's YPC this year? It is by FAR the lowest among guys with you know, real catches not 5 and 9 type players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#18 : March 03, 2009, 08:05:59 AM

Could care less about Ike's YPC.  When the team needed a 1st down, he got it.  It's just like the guy that hits .235 for the season, but is batting over .400 with runners in scoring position. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 03, 2009, 08:14:32 AM

Could care less about Ike's YPC.  When the team needed a 1st down, he got it.  It's just like the guy that hits .235 for the season, but is batting over .400 with runners in scoring position. 

Yes but when all you do is run those rinky dink routes it isn't a particular skill that gets you open or let's you catch the ball. When the backers drop 7 yards deep and you run a route at 5 you are open just by being at 5 yards. He only got the 1st downs when they were those short things. Ike wasn't some Mr Clutch on 3rd and 10.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#20 : March 03, 2009, 08:16:04 AM

That was Ike's role....when other guys couldn't get open or catch the ball, Ike did.  You gotta give the guy his due.  Not saying the Bucs should have kept him, just sayin.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 03, 2009, 08:38:41 AM

Could care less about Ike's YPC. When the team needed a 1st down, he got it. It's just like the guy that hits .235 for the season, but is batting over .400 with runners in scoring position.

some don't want to get it man...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 03, 2009, 08:39:53 AM

He's an old veteran who no longer fit the offensive philosophy. I give Ike his props, he was also automatic on third downs but apparently he just doesn't fit any more.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 03, 2009, 08:42:14 AM

That was Ike's role....when other guys couldn't get open or catch the ball, Ike did.  You gotta give the guy his due.  Not saying the Bucs should have kept him, just sayin.

You could get dozens of NFL players, many of whom carry the designation TE after their names, to fill his "role" here. Again, it is easy to get open when you are not covered. It is easy to catch the short stuff. He wasn't asked to catch the ball downfield and adjust nor did he have guys hanging all over him to make catches.

#24 : March 03, 2009, 09:25:36 AM

Sure you could get others to do it.  But Ike was already here.  Like I said, I'm not sayin we should have kept him, justgivin the guy his deserved props.  He damn well earned them.

No, he wasn't asked to catch it downfield, which is why I said it was not his role.  He had a role and filled it perfectly.  And I can tell you that Clayton could NOT or did NOT catch the short stuff.  As for defenders not hanging onto him, I blame them.  The Bucs always went to Ike on 3rd downs, so IMO, opposing defenses were too stupid to figure it out.  Over time, you'd think they would know where the Bucs were going with the ball.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So why even cut Ike? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools