Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Crabtree? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 04, 2009, 11:58:17 AM

I actually think Crabtree goes to KC now that they have Cassel.

I was convinced that KC was taking Crabtree from Day 1... now, I'm not so sure.  With them keeping Gonzo and Pioli's confidence in Cassel, I wouldn't be surprised if they take the LB from Wake and wait until the 3rd round to take a guy like Iglesias or Robiskie.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 04, 2009, 12:00:16 PM

I'm not saying he will or won't be, but it wouldn't shock me if Crabtree were a bust...

I would be shocked if he were a bust.  At worst I think he may not live up to expectations, but not a "bust".  Barring a drug, alcohol, or violant off the field issues, he seems to have too much ability to be a bust.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 04, 2009, 12:06:42 PM

Reggie Wayne is more of a speedy guy

Wayne was the 6th receiver drafted in the first round the year he was drafted.  

Here the guys who were drafted in the first round before him:

8     David Terrell
9    Koren Robinson
15    Rod Gardner
16    Santana Moss
25    Freddie Mitchell
30    Reggie Wayne

The primary reason he fell was because of his speed.  He was viewed as a possession receiver coming out of college instead of the speedy homerun hitter.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 04, 2009, 12:12:22 PM

I'm not saying he will or won't be, but it wouldn't shock me if Crabtree were a bust...

I would be shocked if he were a bust. At worst I think he may not live up to expectations, but not a "bust". Barring a drug, alcohol, or violant off the field issues, he seems to have too much ability to be a bust.

I dunno.  Seems to be a lot of X factors no one wants to talk about.  For instance, he turned out to be shorter (much so) than originally thought.  There is no real evidence that he has breakaway speed, and let's be honest, the system he played in at TT was VERY receiver friendly.  Yes he put it on the Horns, but I'm not altogether convinced that their secondary was that good...

He could be a Steve Smith, but he could just as easily be a Charles Rogers.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Crabtree? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools