Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under tackle Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

#15 : January 24, 2007, 08:16:37 AM

I really like Okoye, but right now I think spending our first 2nd rd pick on him might be too much. I hope he slips to the end of the 2nd so we can snag him with that pick.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 24, 2007, 08:27:38 AM

I really like Okoye, but right now I think spending our first 2nd rd pick on him might be too much. I hope he slips to the end of the 2nd so we can snag him with that pick.

I think it is an absolute fantasy to think he will make it out of the first round

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 24, 2007, 08:29:14 AM

I highly, highly doubt Okoye slips to the bottom of the second round.  Unless he has a poor senior bowl practices the rest of the week or a poor combine/pro day his stock will remain pretty high.

watson

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 24, 2007, 08:49:23 AM

I think it is an absolute fantasy to think he will make it out of the first round
And if he does slip into round 2, you can bet that Rod will be sitting there, just ahead of the Bucs, drooling.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 24, 2007, 08:54:16 AM

We have about as much chance of getting OKoye in R2 as we do getting Quinn in R2. For one to think otherwise they would need their head examined.

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 24, 2007, 08:55:16 AM

If he's there and we pass on him I'll bring the torches and I'm sure I can find someone to supply the pitchforks and we can just go over and burn down that nice new building.

I don't worry about this scenarios since there's no way he slides out of R1.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 24, 2007, 08:59:39 AM

Okoye is the best one gap DT in the draft and anyone that doesn't think that Okoye can play UT is a moron...

okoye maybe is the 2nd best ut in the draft

but marcus thomas is easily the first

I love Thomas but lets be honest, they guy is a train wreck....besides I think okoye has surpassed him anyway...

Baghead #2

PirateBooty

Starter

#22 : January 24, 2007, 09:36:37 AM

WHAT?! Okoye will be gone by pick 15.

#23 : January 24, 2007, 09:44:26 AM

The thing that jumps out in my mind is that he tested into the 9th grade - at 12 years old. Warren Sapp - besides being a beast physically, has a good head on his shoulders for a DT. So does Derrick BRooks - and you need brains to play in teh COver 2

Aeunt datt truu

Sighneded Gregg Spyrers

Greg Spires makes up for his lack of smarts with a willingness to poke people in the eye, pinch testicles or pull hair.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 24, 2007, 09:57:51 AM

There is a chance that Okoye may fall to our 2nd round pick. You have to ask your self 2 questions 1st is Okoye in the top 35 players in the draft. 2nd which team can afford spending a 1st round draft pick on a 19 year old who might not develope fully for another 1-2 years. He may go in the late 1st round but we have a chance for the second pick. If he is there in the second round take him he is a Tampa 2 UT for shore. Also UT do not need to be fast in the 40 yard dash. just real quick in the 10 yard dash

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 24, 2007, 10:07:15 AM

There is a chance that Okoye may fall to our 2nd round pick. You have to ask your self 2 questions 1st is Okoye in the top 35 players in the draft. 2nd which team can afford spending a 1st round draft pick on a 19 year old who might not develope fully for another 1-2 years. He may go in the late 1st round but we have a chance for the second pick. If he is there in the second round take him he is a Tampa 2 UT for shore. Also UT do not need to be fast in the 40 yard dash. just real quick in the 10 yard dash

IND needs defensive help, runs our scheme and will be drafting at 31 or 32. At the very least that is the floor he won't get by.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 24, 2007, 10:15:30 AM

okoye maybe is the 2nd best ut in the draft

but marcus thomas is easily the first

That some impressive homerism you've got there, sir.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 24, 2007, 10:17:14 AM

Dalbuc I agree but can IND afford to wait for a good UT or do they need 1 now. I say if IND wins the SB they probably will draft him. If they lose the SB they look for immediate help. However Bucs would do well to get ahead of INDY to get this player

Shag

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 24, 2007, 10:19:55 AM

Mayock said Okoye won't make it out of the 2nd round. I'm starting to think Okoye isn't as good as some of these mocks say he is. Maybe not bad enough to get to the 2nd round, but a late 1st might be possible. Mayock usually knows his scouting info.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 24, 2007, 10:23:49 AM

Dalbuc I agree but can IND afford to wait for a good UT or do they need 1 now. I say if IND wins the SB they probably will draft him. If they lose the SB they look for immediate help. However Bucs would do well to get ahead of INDY to get this player

I'm not sure why you think he needs anymore time to develop. He's played a full slate of college ball. He's got as much time under his belt as any senior anyone could draft so he's as NFL ready as the next guy.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under tackle Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools