Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under tackle Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 24, 2007, 12:39:47 PM

Seroiusly, not bashing anyone here...There is zero shot Okoye makes it to the 2nd round guys, get a grip....

Baghead #2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 24, 2007, 01:59:06 PM

I really like Okoye, but right now I think spending our first 2nd rd pick on him might be too much. I hope he slips to the end of the 2nd so we can snag him with that pick.

If he's there and we pass on him I'll bring the torches and I'm sure I can find someone to supply the pitchforks and we can just go over and burn down that nice new building.

I don't worry about this scenarios since there's no way he slides out of R1.
  I got the pitchforks covered.  Planning on him dropping that far is a reach at best, but if he gets there...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Orangegone1

Starter

#32 : January 24, 2007, 02:02:59 PM

Okoye is the best one gap DT in the draft and anyone that doesn't think that Okoye can play UT is a moron...

okoye maybe is the 2nd best ut in the draft

but marcus thomas is easily the first

I predict that Thomas will be the best athlete at which ever prison he ends up at. As for Okoye, there is great upside. To be playing at this level at his age is amazing. He may go as high as #10. We probably could trade down 4 or 5 spots, gain a 2nd, and still get him.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 24, 2007, 02:05:39 PM

Seroiusly, not bashing anyone here...There is zero shot Okoye makes it to the 2nd round guys, get a grip....

Not according to some of the people covering the senior bowl.  If he shows up as weak at the combine as they say he looks here then who knows?

bklynbucs11

Starter

#34 : January 24, 2007, 02:57:45 PM

May I remind you the following phrase:

"There is 0 shot Winston Justice makes it out of the top-15 players drafted"

signed - every singly draft scout and mock draft "expert"

acacius

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 24, 2007, 03:15:15 PM

Yeah, but Justice had some serious character issues.  Okoye's got a sterling record in that regard, and the physical tools look like they're there (just not as a NT).  You're right, noone ever knows for sure how things will shake out, but I'd be very surprised to see him slip into the second.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 24, 2007, 03:17:17 PM

I could see him falling to where we will pick in the 2nd round. I don't think he will, but I could see it happening after the combine. I love the guy's motor, and I think he is a guy the staff really has their eye on. He's been overmatched a time or two but not much. Pit**CENSORED** has been getting stonded on a consistent basis. Okoye is a great fit for us.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 24, 2007, 03:20:25 PM

May I remind you the following phrase:

"There is 0 shot Winston Justice makes it out of the top-15 players drafted"

signed - every singly draft scout and mock draft "expert"

Justice had supposedly, serious character issues, Okoye does not...

Baghead #2

Shag

Pro Bowler

#38 : January 24, 2007, 03:34:51 PM

It's too early to say that he won't fall to the 2nd round. Look at last year's draft. Right around this time they had Kiwanuka, Ryans, Justice, Winston, etc all over the 1st round. Those guys were top 15 picks sometimes in the early mocks.

marlevr

Second String
#39 : January 24, 2007, 03:38:49 PM

If we could get him with 2A it would be a steal. NFLdraftcountdown.com has him going #9 to Miami, and that's before the Senior Bowl practices. We'll have to see how scouts feel about his weight.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 24, 2007, 03:43:01 PM

If we could get him with 2A it would be a steal. NFLdraftcountdown.com has him going #9 to Miami, and that's before the Senior Bowl practices. We'll have to see how scouts feel about his weight.
The true test will be how he benchpresses at the combine. They're already saying he needs to put on 10-15 pounds and maintain his quickness.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 24, 2007, 03:51:55 PM

The true test will be how he benchpresses at the combine. They're already saying he needs to put on 10-15 pounds and maintain his quickness.

That weight shouldn't scare anyone off other than folks who wanted him to be a nose tackle. Sapp was 285 when he came out and easily added 15 pounds of useful weihgt before packing on another 15 pounds of flab and Harris was around 295.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 24, 2007, 03:54:04 PM

That weight shouldn't scare anyone off other than folks who wanted him to be a nose tackle. Sapp was 285 when he came out and easily added 15 pounds of useful weihgt before packing on another 15 pounds of flab and Harris was around 295.

Plus with his youth he should naturally add some bulk

gharen

Pro Bowler

#43 : January 24, 2007, 04:01:21 PM

I'm thinking Pittsburgh and Tomlin snatch him up at #15. Imagine him and Casey Hampton at DT's and Polomalu at SS in that defense.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 24, 2007, 04:08:39 PM

I'm thinking Pittsburgh and Tomlin snatch him up at #15. Imagine him and Casey Hampton at DT's and Polomalu at SS in that defense.

Personally, I'm inclined to think he doesn't slip past #13.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under tackle Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools