Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under tackle Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PoorRichard

Starter

#45 : January 24, 2007, 04:42:55 PM

I think his problem is that he is only 20. He is a great prospect, but at that age he is far removed from his physical prime then most 1st rounders. A team might not get maximum potential out of him before he comes up for his FA year.   

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 24, 2007, 04:51:59 PM

[banghead] um I really hate to say this but from Monday to Wednesday it appears Okoye stock is going up up and up [banghead]. We need the best UT we can get for this D to work.

:o A word to Gruden pull a Sap and put a joint in his duffel bag :o that's how we got Sap.
Like they say history repeats itself

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 24, 2007, 05:02:50 PM

:o A word to Gruden pull a Sapp and put a joint in his duffel bag  :o

LOL

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 24, 2007, 05:04:14 PM

Gruden should hold him from playing in the game. :D

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 24, 2007, 06:57:38 PM

I really like Okoye, but right now I think spending our first 2nd rd pick on him might be too much. I hope he slips to the end of the 2nd so we can snag him with that pick.

If he's there and we pass on him I'll bring the torches and I'm sure I can find someone to supply the pitchforks and we can just go over and burn down that nice new building.

i'd bring the pitchforks. 

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 25, 2007, 05:23:47 AM

if we don't land LT THOMAS or the wr from GT in the 1st rd then we should trade down with a team before miami picks ...so say either the 4th through the 8th pick and take okoye and get another 2nd rd pick too.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 25, 2007, 08:52:35 AM

I wonder if Oakland would try and grab him with their first pick in the 2nd?  Then they could either cut Sapp, or have him learn under Sapp for the first year?  If he is there when it comes to us, we have to take him.  At 19 he is still growing, so I am not worried about his weight.  Not to mention, he probably isn't on roids yet lol.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 25, 2007, 08:55:12 AM

Again, Okoye stand zero chance of falling to the 2nd round guys, zip, nada, there is no shot. If you can watch the senior bowl workouts, do it because he has been getting off, esp yesterday. He is by far the best DT there. I want him as bad as anyone, I'm from louisville (not a UL Fan though) and have seen and heard about this guy a ton. He would be great but in order for us to get him we neet to trade and move back because he stands no chance to be there in R2, none...

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 25, 2007, 09:06:45 AM

I think folks are trying to hold his age agaisnt him but Gruden made at the press conference  said that "Amobi Okoye is beyond his years both physically as well as mentally, has a great motor and is energized and tenacious."

I finally started watching my DVR'ed Sneior Bowl stuff and yeah, he's looking very good. With all the Tampa-2 teams in the league he's not gonna slip past all of them and then past Marinelli in round 2. Just can't see it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 25, 2007, 09:48:37 AM

I think folks are trying to hold his age against him but Gruden made at the press conference said that "Amobi Okoye is beyond his years both physically as well as mentally, has a great motor and is energized and tenacious."

I finally started watching my DVR'ed Sneior Bowl stuff and yeah, he's looking very good. With all the Tampa-2 teams in the league he's not gonna slip past all of them and then past Marinelli in round 2. Just can't see it.

Yeah I mean there is just no way. Dal I was watching last nights practice and he is literally unblockable on the pass rush and against the run he extends his hands, keeps the OL off him and is a devastating tackler. He is one of my favorite guys in the draft but there is just no way he gets threw pick 20 IMHO. We'll see, and I hope he does!

Baghead #2

PirateBooty

Starter

#55 : January 25, 2007, 09:57:53 AM

The guy's a hack. What kind of a fool would want him on their team?

Although...if he's there in the third... ;)

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#56 : January 25, 2007, 12:23:35 PM

I'm thinking Pittsburgh and Tomlin snatch him up at #15. Imagine him and Casey Hampton at DT's and Polomalu at SS in that defense.
Pitt is staying with the 3-4...not going to Tomlin's preferred Cover 2.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under tackle Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools