Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to visit Broncos and Lions... (and possibly Tampa) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 04, 2009, 02:57:58 PM

....chris may be physically tough, but mentally he'd get eaten alive by the divisive fan base.....

He survived a HC who didn't have faith in him and a life threatening injury. Methinks the guy went thru enough in Tampa  to maintain a good state of mind despite anything fans might say...

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 04, 2009, 03:02:43 PM

The Bucs have different coaches and a different offensive system, so why not see what happens?

Funny I thought Jags said we would still run the WCO with more down the field passes. The offense will look almost the same in the passing game except the routes will be a little deeper. The only major difference on offense will be the ZBS. Until chris can get over his batted balls he is still going to suck.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 04, 2009, 03:06:53 PM

The Bucs have different coaches and a different offensive system, so why not see what happens?

Funny I thought Jags said we would still run the WCO with more down the field passes. The offense will look almost the same in the passing game except the routes will be a little deeper. The only major difference on offense will be the ZBS. Until chris can get over his batted balls he is still going to suck.

He "sucked" enough to help us to the playoffs behind a strong running game in the past.  It's possible he might fit in okay with Jags' run-first O.  We need a strong D, though.

jramericom

Rookie

#18 : March 04, 2009, 03:07:55 PM

....chris may be physically tough, but mentally he'd get eaten alive by the divisive fan base.....

He survived a HC who didn't have faith in him and a life threatening injury. Methinks the guy went thru enough in Tampa  to maintain a good state of mind despite anything fans might say...

red alert.....i'll respect your answer..but from the injury and after, up through his recovery,  press interaction, non performance( in camp-ota, and preseason and eventual release ( and from last season nashville reports- he's still underachieving)......it seems  to me  he didn't have a great state of mind....that's just my opinion......

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 04, 2009, 03:32:01 PM

I've been saying this but no one seems to listen.

When Jags was in Boston College, he produced Matt Ryan. Ryan ranks in the top 5 of the schools history for highest completions and passing yards. In his 2 years, he went 15 games with at least 200 yards passing.

Everyone thinks it will be a more power-running conservative offense because of Morris. From what has been understood is that Morris will not be calling the offensive plays. It wont be a west-coast offense by any means. But it won't be like it was when Dungy was here either. The run will be used, absolutely. But it will be used to open up a slightly more vertical passing game than we're used to.

#20 : March 04, 2009, 03:35:32 PM

I think Simms would be a terrific upgrade over everyone. He showed a quick release and a ton of accuracy. I really liked his ability to avoid hits. Really a special player. Just wish he had an oppurtunity. To bad he was in the doghouse with Clayton.

#21 : March 04, 2009, 03:36:13 PM

I could of coached Matt Ryan.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 04, 2009, 03:43:49 PM

I think Simms would be a terrific upgrade over everyone.

Everyone on the current roster - yes.   He was going to be the starter here for a while if he hadn't gotten hurt.  Sure he started out 2006 slow, but if he hadn't gotten his spleen knocked out, he was showing signs of coming around.   

#23 : March 04, 2009, 03:45:24 PM

I was being totally sarcastic.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 04, 2009, 03:47:33 PM

I was being totally sarcastic.

Yet it was your finest post to date.

#25 : March 04, 2009, 03:50:06 PM

Chris Simms is the best player we coudl sign from this market to compete with McCown. He didnt have a future in Grudens offense, but if he is 100% healthy Id take him over Leftwhich, Grossman, Losman, etc.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 04, 2009, 03:50:29 PM

Chris Simms??

Unless we're lining up with an offensive line averaging 5feet tall than HELL NO.

The guy has always SUCKED and always will SUCK.

DailyRich68

Starter
#27 : March 04, 2009, 03:52:13 PM

But they'll still have to play against defenses ....

Who haven't gotten any shorter.

Nigtronix

Second String

#28 : March 04, 2009, 03:55:21 PM

I would be willing to give him a shot...I would like to see someone else work with him and now not having the pressure of Gruden on him. He was a total head case with JG on his ass all the time. If some of us think Clayton can turn it around without Gruden shouldnt we be willing to give him a shot?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 04, 2009, 03:55:45 PM

But they'll still have to play against defenses ....

Who haven't gotten any shorter.

As long as the patterns get a little longer..
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to visit Broncos and Lions... (and possibly Tampa) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools