Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to visit Broncos and Lions... (and possibly Tampa) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : March 04, 2009, 03:56:28 PM

Chris Simms??

Unless we're lining up with an offensive line averaging 5feet tall than HELL NO.

The guy has always SUCKED and always will SUCK.

News flash: Grossman, Losman and Leftwhich suck more

Its not about Simms as much as its about our lack of depth at QB and the lack of options available to us

And PLEASE dont say "we still have Griese", because I am certain in my mind that he is gone as soon as we find a more experienced backup than Josh JOhnson

#31 : March 04, 2009, 03:57:06 PM

Give him a shot. Why not. He didn't get one here. Geez. What is everone smoking? Give me some of it... please....

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 04, 2009, 03:58:31 PM

What is he visiting Tampa for? I sure as hell know its not to be a Quarterback?

When I think of Chris Simms I think of a fly swatter,

#33 : March 04, 2009, 03:59:10 PM

Make the oline wear extra padding on the back of thier helmets.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#34 : March 04, 2009, 03:59:29 PM

Sign Simms! rather have him than Griese tbh....and now Gruden's gone...not sure he wouldn't mind a return...

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#35 : March 04, 2009, 04:00:22 PM

If we are really going to run the same scheme that Jags ran at BC then Simms should be a legitmate option. He throws the deep ball as good as about anyone in the league.  It was those stupid three step drops that he got his passes batted on.  Why again was Gruden so opposed to putting in the Shotgun when Simms was here?

#36 : March 04, 2009, 04:02:46 PM

He throws the deep ball as well as anyone in the league? Holy cow batman.... Gruden did 3 step drops with him because had he done 7 his lack of mobility may have got him killed. his spleen was a minor flesh wound had he dropped back more.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 04, 2009, 04:02:55 PM

The Bucs have different coaches and a different offensive system, so why not see what happens?

But they'll still have to play against defenses ....

Who haven't gotten any shorter.

As long as the patterns get a little longer..

yeah, as in nothing but fly patterns ....

#38 : March 04, 2009, 04:08:01 PM

Guess who led Boston College in receptions when Matt Ryan was there?     Calender... He was a running back.... Still think he throws ball downfield all the time swarming defense? Last year they averaged a whopping 5 yards per attempt.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#39 : March 04, 2009, 04:09:31 PM

He throws the deep ball as well as anyone in the league? Holy cow batman.... Gruden did 3 step drops with him because had he done 7 his lack of mobility may have got him killed. his spleen was a minor flesh wound had he dropped back more.

Are oline was horrible then. Simms is decently mobile for his size. He lost his spleen because Wade and Mahan CAN'T block.  Simms throws a pretty good deep ball

#40 : March 04, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

If we are really going to run the same scheme that Jags ran at BC then Simms should be a legitmate option. He throws the deep ball as good as about anyone in the league.

People dont seem to get it.

I guess they think we have an estanblished franchise QB right now, or that there is anyone available thats worth a damn.

People here are trashing him as if he was never a viable starting QB, yet I seem to remember him winning a division championship and engineering several come from behind scoring drives late in games in 2005. "But the batted balls!"...yes, he has weaknesses. But so does McCown, and Griese is on his way out the door, and teh otehr players available have worse problems then Simms. And Simms, like you said, finally fits the offense. Yet some people would take a chance on Grossman and Losman, guys who have never been a decent QB in the NFL

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 04, 2009, 04:11:30 PM

The Bucs have different coaches and a different offensive system, so why not see what happens?

But they'll still have to play against defenses ....

Who haven't gotten any shorter.

As long as the patterns get a little longer..

yeah, as in nothing but fly patterns ....

How cool would that be?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 04, 2009, 04:12:36 PM

Are oline was horrible then. Simms is decently mobile for his size. He lost his spleen because Wade and Mahan CAN'T block. �Simms throws a pretty good deep ball

That would suggest he gets it over the LOS. Does the guy throw his passes like a girl who tosses the ball threw her legs at the free-throw line?

No. Stay the hell away from Simms. Damaged goods and him crawling back to Tampa because poor big old mean Gruden hurt his feelings is not a solution I want at QB. I mean, if you guys are all for getting the first overall pick in next year's draft, go ahead and start Simms. I would rather Griese start an entire season then deal with that.

#43 : March 04, 2009, 04:12:44 PM

Are oline was horrible then. Simms is decently mobile for his size. He lost his spleen because Wade and Mahan CAN'T block.  Simms throws a pretty good deep ball

Simms throws a GREAT deep ball, and you are right he throws as good a deep ball as anyone in the league. This guys only argument was "Gruden did 3 step drops"?????? WTH does that have to do with Simms deep ball?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 04, 2009, 04:12:55 PM

Chris Simms??

Unless we're lining up with an offensive line averaging 5feet tall than HELL NO.

The guy has always SUCKED and always will SUCK.

News flash: Grossman, Losman and Leftwhich suck more

Its not about Simms as much as its about our lack of depth at QB and the lack of options available to us

And PLEASE dont say "we still have Griese", because I am certain in my mind that he is gone as soon as we find a more experienced backup than Josh JOhnson

NewsFlash..

All 3 are better than your mancrush Chris Simms.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to visit Broncos and Lions... (and possibly Tampa) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools