Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to visit Broncos and Lions... (and possibly Tampa) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

cover-too

Starter

#75 : March 04, 2009, 07:15:08 PM

Steve Young wasn't much better than Simms when he was here.

Steve Young was the Offensive MVP for the team the year he was traded.

And yet we took Vinny T with the first overall pick

Yup.

Just pointing out that Young always was much, much better than Simms ever was here.

I said he was better. Much much better is up for debate though :) Young was pretty reckless here.

I don't know who is involved in that debate, but its not hard to see who the better QB is. Reckless on a team for two seasons that didn't put anything on the field with him? He may have appeared as such while trying to survive out there, as he was pretty much it for those 19 games on offense. Easy arguement to me and Simms loses it hands down!

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#76 : March 04, 2009, 07:16:31 PM

Nevermind....

Broncos agreed to terms with QB Chris Simms on a two-year contract.

Some national columnists may call this an indication Denver will put Jay Cutler back on the trade block, but it isn't. Simms, would couldn't beat out a mentally shaky Vince Young for the No. 2 spot on Tennessee's depth chart last year, will be a backup. It's possible Denver adds more competition.

That certainly didn't take long

Maybe he knows something (queue X-Files theme).  J/K.  Don't want 20 more threads to start about that.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#77 : March 04, 2009, 07:16:49 PM

Why again did we trade him?

cover-too

Starter

#78 : March 04, 2009, 07:20:50 PM

I don't know because the Bucs have always had such a great record of making astute personnel decisions.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#79 : March 04, 2009, 07:58:54 PM

Because Culverhouse was an idiot an fell in love with Testicleverde, after which he traded a future HOF for a 2nd and 4th.

Steve Young was always better than Simms, and it isn't really close.  Young looked worse than he was because of the horrible, horrible team around him.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#80 : March 04, 2009, 08:03:36 PM

Are they trying to bring him in just in case they get rid of Cutler or is it because they need a backup?

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

#81 : March 04, 2009, 08:05:38 PM

They are bringing him in to compete for holder.

dodda45

Starter
#82 : March 04, 2009, 08:10:26 PM

Leftwich is a lot better...and so is Griese (ugh)

That's all i need to hear to know that your opinion maybe affected by drugs or lots of alcohol

Man, that's an intelligent comment!  Actually, watching Simms play and watching 1 out of every 4 passes tipped, batted down or intercepted...would lead any one to drugs and alcohol!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#83 : March 04, 2009, 08:16:43 PM

Chris actually won us some games that year... Galloway and him would have been great together if we weren't a WCO team
Comeback
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28662&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2005&week=REG10
Comeback
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28669&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2005&week=REG11
Should have forced ot
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28692&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2005&week=REG12

for the most part we had to come back thanks to his poor play to begin with ....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#84 : March 04, 2009, 08:18:13 PM

The former regime did everything they could to give him a chance...They signed him to a nice contract, gave him a shot in camp and he continued to stink (even worse because of the injury)...

I think they only way to rationalize why we have this stupid debate is since we have not had a quality QB since Doug Williams and Steve Young we forgot what one looks like...I am not crazy about Leftwich but he is light years ahead of Simms...Griese (ugh) is better too...We can do a lot better than Simms...

Did the former regime implement the shotgun formation so it would be easier for Simms to succeed? No that was Garcia they did that for.

Steve Young wasn't much better than Simms when he was here.

Leftwich and Simms are about even, And IN NO WAY AM I SAYING SIMMS CAN PLAY. He is better than Griese. It is a shame Griese is still on the Roster. He should have been cut way before Brooks, in that he doesn't fit ANY system

the shotgun wasn't implemented for Simms because of his difficulty making reads and Gru's belief that being in the shotgun made it all the tougher ....
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms to visit Broncos and Lions... (and possibly Tampa) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools