Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: March 04, 2009, 09:52:15 PM

This guy hates all over Jim Bates and his defense, as well as our franchise.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/3/4/780569/tampa-bay-no-longer-runnin

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 04, 2009, 09:53:30 PM

Well if that website says it...

dodda45

Starter
#2 : March 04, 2009, 09:58:06 PM

Wow...I was nervous at first because we have made no plays for a DT in FA and MD seems to think Greg Peterson is a 300+ interior lineman, Sims is a talent (has yet do anything in this league), and assumes Moore can finally make it off the practice squad...Now the scheme stinks?  I actually liked the Bates hire at first but this article definitely worries me...

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 04, 2009, 09:58:26 PM

One of the biggest trades in Colts history was Tampa Bay giving them DT Booger McFarland for a second round pick in 2006. Without McFarland, the Colts do not win Super Bowl 41.

LMAO!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2009, 09:59:08 PM

He hates him some Bates fo sho.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#5 : March 04, 2009, 09:59:16 PM

How much can you trust from a guy named BigBlueShoe?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 04, 2009, 10:06:52 PM

My thing is the Tampa 2 is getting old. People are finding ways to beat that D obviously. And Bates has pretty good ranked Ds in the past so...

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 04, 2009, 10:36:36 PM

My thing is the Tampa 2 is getting old. People are finding ways to beat that D obviously. And Bates has pretty good ranked Ds in the past so...

To beat the tampa 2, all a team really had to do was have two brusing runners and dash up the middle constantly. The last four games showed that. Each game we gave up massive running yards down the middle. There were other problems of course, but teams have had PLENTY of time to dissect our defense, and Kiff isn't here anymore to run it correctly anyhow.

TRJ997

Second String

#8 : March 04, 2009, 10:54:19 PM

One of the biggest trades in Colts history was Tampa Bay giving them DT Booger McFarland for a second round pick in 2006. Without McFarland, the Colts do not win Super Bowl 41.

LMAO!!

I was just about to copy this quote in here, but saw that you already had it up. I have to admit that I'm not a expert on the Colt's, but come on. McFarland was out of the league the year after the Colt's won and he was only 29.

#9 : March 04, 2009, 11:00:43 PM

The problem with the Tampa-2 is that it requires a position that we neglected for far too long, and that is UT.  In terms of Gates' system, we'll see what happens, but it does concern me with larger DTs in there, that if teams do go hurry up, then we'll either be burning time outs too soon just to sub guys in, or get blown out because our defense being gassed.

Larger backs do wear down the defense sure, but what we saw from the second Carolina game out was a flat out piss poor tackling, and had nothing to do with guys being exhausted.  It also helps that we haven't had near the impact at UT since Sapp.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 04, 2009, 11:08:47 PM

There were a lot of flaws in this guy's logic. Somebody should tell him about the Williams boys in Minnesota. They seem to be doing alright. There was one statement in his article that made a little sense, however. He said, "And Bates' defense is not very cap friendly. It requires two man coverage corners, big linebackers, large DTs, and pass rushing DEs. None of those come cheap." I think we are learning that in free agency.

NPR-BUC

Starter

#11 : March 04, 2009, 11:09:17 PM

What this guy did not hear was the recent Q&A with Bates.He said it is crucial to rotate the D-line so the players stay fresher. Also if teams go no huddle blitz the crap out of them or go 3-4.

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#12 : March 04, 2009, 11:13:48 PM

He hates him some Bates fo sho.

more like BigBlueD****e lol

Madman

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 04, 2009, 11:14:55 PM

MD seems to think Greg Peterson is a 300+ interior lineman, Sims is a talent (has yet do anything in this league), and assumes Moore can finally make it off the practice squad...

Yeah, wth is that all about?

P.S. Bucs really don't have any big fatties. I guess Sims is close.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 04, 2009, 11:18:23 PM

P.S. Bucs really don't have any big fatties. I guess Sims is close.

We use to have Shaun King.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools