Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 05, 2009, 12:05:30 PM

Bates' system, when he was in Miami, was routinely carved up by Manning.

2000 Miami 13 Indy 20- Manning carves them up for 206 yards
2000- Miami 17 Indy 14- yep Manning really carved 'em up
2000 playoffs- Miami 23 Indy 17 -
2001- Miami 27 Indy 24-Manning rips off 253 yrds 3TDs and 2 INTs
2001- Miami 41 Indy 6- Manning "carves up Bates' D for a whopping 173yrds 0TDs and 3 INTs
2002 Miami 21 Indy 13- 283yrds 1 TD and 3 INTs
2003 Miami 17 Indy 23- Manning rips off 35 more yards and 1 INT more than Brian Griese.

so Bates D got carved up on its way to a 5-2 record vs Manning.

This guys lack of fact-checking is made up for by his bluster and hot air.

PoorRichard

Starter

#31 : March 05, 2009, 12:15:00 PM

"stopping the pass is more important then stopping the run."

That line tells me this guy doesn't understand the game. He has zero credibility.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 05, 2009, 01:01:18 PM

That line tells me this guy doesn't understand the game. He has zero credibility.

I hear ya, I almost spit coffee on my monitor. After reading that far, I didn't he could display any more ignorance than I had already read. I was wrong..

Somebody in there gave him a piece tho, good response...

botosnipa

Rookie

#33 : March 05, 2009, 01:17:23 PM

Bates does stink.  His years in Miami they were a decent defense, but their overall record still stunk.  Last year in Denver their defense was downright putrid.  But it was a move that had to be done because we got rid of Gruden and Kiff already left.  The optimal decision would to move Raheem to defensive coordinator and keep Gruden.  I just hope that Raheem keeps elements of the Tampa 2, one of the best conceived defenses in NFL history.  Our D was good last year, but far from great because we lacked the most crucial position, the 3 technique UT.  We should have kept the Tampa 2 and offered the farm to Haynesworth to sign because Fat Al would be the 3 technique UT needed to make the Tampa 2 great.  Our defense will stink next year.   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 05, 2009, 01:22:35 PM

Bates does stink.  His years in Miami they were a decent defense, but their overall record still stunk. 

The record before Bates was HC in Miami reflects more on the guy who was fired.

How did Bates do with that team when he took over as HC?

Last year in Denver their defense was downright putrid.   

What does that have to do with Bates?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 05, 2009, 02:09:13 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, I don't have to waste my time reading that garbage.

#36 : March 05, 2009, 02:16:10 PM

Actually, stopping the pass is pretty important nowadays. When you play AZ, Indy or NE, you best stop the pass and pray they run the ball. What do you think tampa 2 was designed to do,  punish the running game?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 05, 2009, 02:36:16 PM

Actually, stopping the pass is pretty important nowadays. When you play AZ, Indy or NE, you best stop the pass and pray they run the ball. What do you think tampa 2 was designed to do,  punish the running game?

In part, sure it was.  The SS was certainly suppose to make big hits and try to force fumbles in the running game.

On the whole not so much. I'd say more it was designed to make running the ball a slow death for the offense. Think, not give up big runs.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools