Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS RE-SIGN STEVENS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: March 05, 2009, 07:34:40 PM

I'm amazed that all you can cheer for this lowlife - well sadly I'm not.

I've only said this about one other guy - Romanowksi

Rae Carruth was ok in your book?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 05, 2009, 07:34:58 PM

Dalbuc Rapist Lowlife are strong words!!!

Who he really is right here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Oh, but he hasn't gotten caught here....so what.
Federal investigators wound up dropping the case against him (edit).  Now when Feds do this sort of thing, I think maybe the girl might have just gotten belligerently drunk, blacked out, and felt like a slut for doing what she did...so she cried rape.

He wound up going to Civil Court for the matter...so she was gold digging.  And she had no case in Criminal Court.  Hmmm...maybe I am wrong, but the fact is he was never jailed for anything, and if there was any semblance of evidence, she would have easily won her case.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 05, 2009, 07:30:24 PM

Dalbuc   Rapist  Lowlife are strong words!!!

Who he really is right here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Oh, but he hasn't gotten caught here....so what.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

PewterReportCC

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 05, 2009, 05:32:22 PM

It looks like the fact that the Bucs traded for tight end Kellen Winslow didn't necessarily mean the end of Jerramy Stevens' days in Tampa Bay after all. PewterReport.com is reporting that Tampa Bay has re-signed Stevens. Terms of the deal were undisclosed. Bucs general manager Mark Dominik likes the mismatches that Stevens' 6-foot-7, 260-pound frame can cause for opposing defenses.

The acquisition of Winslow and the re-signing of Stevens, who led the Bucs tight ends in catches (36) and yards (397) last year, to go along with 2 TDs, may mean that starter Alex Smith's status with the team is in jeopardy. Smith 21 catches for 250 yards and 3 TDs in 2008 despite missing two games due to injury. In fact, Smith has missed two games in each of the last three seasons due to injury.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5295

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#4 : March 05, 2009, 05:32:53 PM

Bring on the complaints...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 05, 2009, 05:33:05 PM

Ugh.  Hope we can get some trade value out of Smith, hopefully help get a DL from the Jints.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#6 : March 05, 2009, 05:33:38 PM

Maybe we are trying to field the tallest offense in the NFL? ;)

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#7 : March 05, 2009, 05:34:50 PM

No complaints here. Should be better next year in the red zone.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 05, 2009, 05:39:19 PM

With the picking somewhat slim in FA in upgrading the receiving corp, the trading for Winslow and the re-signing of Stevens while not popular, definitely should help the passing offense.  I know some won't like it because of his past, however he seems to have greatly matured in his two years in Tampa.  He presents a big target.  Hopefully he and Winslow will be well used in the red zone.

Smith is too talented to simply release.  I'm hoping they can get something for him in terms of a pick or an excess DL from another squad. 

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 05, 2009, 05:43:22 PM

I love it. Winslow/Stevens has got to be the best TE combo in the league. And throw in Gilmore for some blocking presence and that's a damn fine corps.

While I liked Alex Smith from the very beginning, I think he has underachieved and this is an upgrade. Like other's said, hopefully Alex Smith's roster spot turns into a DLineman.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#10 : March 05, 2009, 07:27:59 PM

Dalbuc   Rapist  Lowlife are strong words!!!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#11 : March 05, 2009, 05:46:37 PM

Jags said he was gonna be using TE's a lot in the new offense.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 05, 2009, 05:47:51 PM

THIS IS LUDIRCOUS!! HOW CAN WE RE-SIGN THAT HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MAN!!  HE IS A DETRIMENT TO THIS TEAM AND THIS CITY!

...oh wait...Gruden's not HC anymore...

I love the signing!

::) ::) ::)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 05, 2009, 05:48:16 PM

they must already have a deal for smith in their back pocket....as i've said before this is a great pass-catching group but a 4 TE team needs more grit and special teams skills from that unit than we currently have.  considering stevens and winslow are freshly acquired and gilmore is the blockerspecial teamer of the bunch, smith's the odd one out

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 05, 2009, 05:48:53 PM

Absolutely the right thing to do. Jerremy Stevens makes this offense a real problem for short DBs, and he obviously is much more effective with Luke than he was with Garcia.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS RE-SIGN STEVENS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools