Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS RE-SIGN STEVENS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 05, 2009, 09:21:48 PM

Shall we be rid of the U.S. Constitution as well?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 05, 2009, 09:22:47 PM

It is clear that the Buccaneers are upgrading their Redzone offense.

A lot of physical, tall football players.

Good signing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 05, 2009, 09:27:47 PM

Federal investigators wound up dropping the case against him (edit). �Now when Feds do this sort of thing, I think maybe the girl might have just gotten belligerently drunk, blacked out, and felt like a slut for doing what she did...so she cried rape.

He wound up going to Civil Court for the matter...so she was gold digging. �And she had no case in Criminal Court. �Hmmm...maybe I am wrong, but the fact is he was never jailed for anything, and if there was any semblance of evidence, she would have easily won her case.

It wasn't the feds, it was the SEA DA so you are wrong there. One way or the other, Legal decisions <> right decisions. See Simpson, OJ. The legal system excludes and handles evidence differently to limit the power of the state not to create accurate outcomes. Your brain should not be constrained by this though. Example, if the cops walk in and find a guy with 8 severed heads and a band saw with blood on it that might not be admissible if the warrant is wrong. Do you still think he's innocent?

In this case, if you read the article the prosecutors didn't even go with what the police investigators found and when they explain why they didn't prosecute they sited reasons that contradicted the evidence the police gave them.

I guess as long as he wears this helmet there'll be people who make excuses and the funny thing is that is exactly what the article is about. Sad really.

So does the guy ever get time for good behavior?  To show he's reformed?  Catch a break after paying his dues?  All we know for sure and for true is that he's been a model citizen in Tampa.  He's married now and I believe is trying to turn his life around.  You ay not be able to forgive the guy or forget what he did.  But at least you can take him at face value and say at least he's trying...
Thank you Chev.

Good point SunnyD.

He was never convicted.  Not enough evidence.  NOT ENOUGH.  NONE.

The only thing he is guilty of is not kneeing that Raider in the nuts harder ;), driving while drunk (and how many guys do we know, or even that post on this MB have one or two of those?), and dropping balls in Seattle.

To date, he has changed, has been low key.  Has not even been close to being a turd anymore.  Something about Tampa man...must be the weather, or the air...bad dudes go there, and change their junk.  Either way, Stevens is a very serviceable TE, and has caught everything thrown his way.  Not a single drop that made you cringe.  I recall Alex Smith dropping an easy pass in the EZ that pizzed me off...Stevens would not have dropped that, methinks.

At his size, with his speed and hands, he is a legit NFL player, and you line K2 and JS together, with Antonio, and Clayton, you are looking pretty snappy in that outfit, IMO.

Good resign.  Would rather have JS than AS to be honest.  As long as he keeps his nose clean, makes his money and scores TDs or makes plays, I am happy about the sign. 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 05, 2009, 09:30:09 PM

Since not one person has so much as accused Stevens of rape in the last nine years, and he's married with a family, I would say he is no longer a threat to society, if he ever was. A lowlife would be a person with an agenda against someone who is only guilty of being accused. The character of his accuser is no more known than his actual guilt or innocence. It could very well be that he crossed paths with a predatory female and became her victim. Only he knows and she knows for certain. Punishment on the basis of speculation is not only wrong, it's idiotic.

He's been a great teammate and a model citizen for the last two years. I hope he has an outstanding career with the Bucs, and a long and happy life, but that's just me.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 05, 2009, 09:36:15 PM

You have to love the prospect of having both him and K2 on the field at the same time.

That is borderline un-coverable (not really but you get the point)

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#35 : March 05, 2009, 09:38:17 PM

Dalbuc Rapist Lowlife are strong words!!!

Who he really is right here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Oh, but he hasn't gotten caught here....so what.
Federal investigators wound up dropping the case against him (edit).  Now when Feds do this sort of thing, I think maybe the girl might have just gotten belligerently drunk, blacked out, and felt like a slut for doing what she did...so she cried rape.

He wound up going to Civil Court for the matter...so she was gold digging.  And she had no case in Criminal Court.  Hmmm...maybe I am wrong, but the fact is he was never jailed for anything, and if there was any semblance of evidence, she would have easily won her case.
Dude, if it was your daughter?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 05, 2009, 09:39:51 PM

Dalbuc Rapist Lowlife are strong words!!!

Who he really is right here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Oh, but he hasn't gotten caught here....so what.
Federal investigators wound up dropping the case against him (edit). Now when Feds do this sort of thing, I think maybe the girl might have just gotten belligerently drunk, blacked out, and felt like a slut for doing what she did...so she cried rape.

He wound up going to Civil Court for the matter...so she was gold digging. And she had no case in Criminal Court. Hmmm...maybe I am wrong, but the fact is he was never jailed for anything, and if there was any semblance of evidence, she would have easily won her case.
Dude, if it was your daughter?
If it were my daughter, she would not be getting hammered with football players.

Trust that.  I AM that dad.  And this speculation is simply silly, it carries no weight in this matter.  Stop listening to Duimig.  The guy railed on Stevens for months for his drinking and driving, and went out and did the same damn thing.

Do you hear him railing on Stevens now?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 05, 2009, 09:40:20 PM

I'm not going to act like I condone what the guy did.  But I will say this.  From all of what we've read and heard, his actions and deeds are totally opposite.  That's got to count for something...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 05, 2009, 09:42:10 PM

I'm not going to act like I condone what the guy did.  But I will say this.  From all of what we've read and heard, his actions and deeds are totally opposite.  That's got to count for something...
Nope. And as far as getting hammered with football players, Boid, it was reported she was more than likely drugged.

john.matincheck

Starter

#39 : March 05, 2009, 09:42:52 PM

Winslow, and Stevens on the field together is only effective if they can also be good run blockers. If they are a liability in the run game then it's easy to cover the two tight one wide no matter who they are. They become a difficult matchup when you need to cover them one on one. Stevens is just okay and I don't know about Winslow.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 05, 2009, 09:42:58 PM

Stupid statement, the Constitution is to limit government power. The framers wrote it knowing the guilty might go free by setting a very, very high bar on criminal prosecution. It does not ask you to turn off your own brain to evaluate the evidence.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 05, 2009, 09:45:19 PM

And the United States Criminal Justice System exists to protect citizens from the state.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 05, 2009, 09:45:59 PM

Dont wear Oregon Ducks gear

Why would anybody do that?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 05, 2009, 09:47:09 PM

I'm not going to act like I condone what the guy did. But I will say this. From all of what we've read and heard, his actions and deeds are totally opposite. That's got to count for something...
Nope. And as far as getting hammered with football players, Boid, it was reported she was more than likely drugged.
LACK OF EVIDENCE.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 05, 2009, 09:47:13 PM

So does the guy ever get time for good behavior? �To show he's reformed? �Catch a break after paying his dues? �All we know for sure and for true is that he's been a model citizen in Tampa. �He's married now and I believe is trying to turn his life around. �You ay not be able to forgive the guy or forget what he did. �But at least you can take him at face value and say at least he's trying...

Pay his dues? He's never paid for anything in his life. The guy has inexplicably been given a pass his entire life to be a huge sack of crap on and off the field.

All that happens is people like you after each of his "incidents" make excuses and ask if a guy can't "make a mistake". Please. Stevens is scum and like Leonard Little shouldn't be anywhere near the football field and priv of playing on it. I really don't get why folks are so desperate to defend this guy other than the warped view that he's a "weapon" and a "red zone threat" in the face of 7 years of mediocre to bad football play to contrary.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS RE-SIGN STEVENS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools