Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS RE-SIGN STEVENS « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#90 : March 06, 2009, 01:36:31 PM

Ever raped someone?

No. Has Stevens?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#91 : March 06, 2009, 07:51:39 PM

DUImig is about as credible as a monkeys anus. He got a DUI after railing Stevens for one. Funny how life pans out like that, when you are scuzz ball. A person who is trying to witchhunt is about as evil as the witch, in most cases.

I mean I know you nimrods in Tampa think anyone who doesn't agree with you listens to Dueming but of course I don't live in Tampa and have never ever heard this guy but god forbid you don't trot this pile o' crap out.

Did you read the article I posted? Notice that's not by any Tampa radio personality? There is an entire country out there not all of it is in Tampa. Your standard of evidence will, naturally shift from place to place since you are trying to defend the indefensible. The article isn't some op-ed bit. They have, you know, first hand accounts and excerpts from the statements given to the cops by witnesses and the detectives who investigated the case. It outlines why the DA's dropped the case and the fact that their reasoning was in direct contradiction to the evidence they had before them. Now, it could be that EVERYONE in Seattle is lying about what Stevens did. They could all just be making up a story to get him or, a more likely scenario, Stevens is scum. If the story is inaccurate or false it would be libelous and Stevens has goosed enough money out of the NFL he can afford lawyers to repair his damaged image but the LAST thing he wants to do is go to trial since "truth" is a valid defense against libel in the USA and I doubt he wants to get in front a jury with this.

You likely thought that when the Surrey County DA's walked away from the Vick thing there was no evidence as well. I find it laughable that anyone pins their own judgment to criminal proceedings which are by design not a search for the truth but an adversarial process that is weighted in favor of a defendant. Unless you use the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard frequently in your own life (and you don't) then this is just a nice way to excuse your inability to sort right from wrong.
Live in New York man.

And media reports are not enough for me to buy into a scenario fully.  What evidence is there against Stevens?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#92 : March 06, 2009, 07:57:56 PM

Ever raped someone?

No. Has Stevens?
Someone spent 300K to avoid the trial... maybe that was just expedient for the University - or whomever paid the the girl and her parent off. 

Insofar as Stevens raping the girl - I don't know - but you and I both know he is glad the criminal case was bought off - with the assistance of the University. 

So - no one can "prove" a side - just like last year and the year before when all this was first hashed, and it still stinks.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#93 : March 06, 2009, 08:30:36 PM

Just let it go. There is nothing to be accomplished here. The Bucs have made the same decision three years in a row. You are not going to influence them to dump him.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#94 : March 06, 2009, 08:33:54 PM

I don't know about you guys but my wife won't go to games any more. Since last year.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#95 : March 06, 2009, 08:51:31 PM

I don't know about you guys but my wife won't go to games any more. Since last year.

Tell your life partner congrats, Karen. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#96 : March 06, 2009, 08:55:16 PM

Tell your life partner congrats, Karen.
ROTFLOL'ing...

(think Comcast)

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#97 : March 06, 2009, 09:09:47 PM

Sweet I'm down with that.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#98 : March 06, 2009, 09:15:19 PM

What does Rosie do on Sundays now, Karen?

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS RE-SIGN STEVENS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools