Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dont you love it when the opposition fans cry :D « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coopsxx

Starter
: October 15, 2006, 05:24:17 PM

http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1160944679/last-1160947349/Fooching+NFL+REFEREES%21%21%21

wtmcgee

Starter

#1 : October 15, 2006, 05:53:09 PM

I think the refs thought that he was trying to slam Grads' head into the ground.  I don't think it was a penalty either, but I'm not going to argue with them about it.  Sometimes you get the calls, and sometimes they go against you. It usually evens out.

watson

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 15, 2006, 06:05:59 PM

I think the refs thought that he was trying to slam Grads' head into the ground. I don't think it was a penalty either, but I'm not going to argue with them about it. Sometimes you get the calls, and sometimes they go against you. It usually evens out.
On the NFL Network this week Mike Pereira, the NFL VP of Officiating, reviewed 2 or 3 "roughing the QB" plays and then at the end he said that the officials have been instructed to throw the flag if there is any question at all that roughing has occurred.  The view is that the QBs are to be protected at the cost of making a bad call. 

The call they made today was not much different from one of the ones they showed as an example.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : October 15, 2006, 06:34:52 PM

let them cry who cares, they are still 3-2, we are 1-4, they have nothing to cry about

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 15, 2006, 06:36:43 PM

On the NFL Network this week Mike Pereira, the NFL VP of Officiating, reviewed 2 or 3 "roughing the QB" plays and then at the end he said that the officials have been instructed to throw the flag if there is any question at all that roughing has occurred. The view is that the QBs are to be protected at the cost of making a bad call.

The call they made today was not much different from one of the ones they showed as an example.
With the exception of removing the QB's spleen on field!

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 15, 2006, 07:34:10 PM

With the exception of removing the QB's spleen on field!
Could be a reason they are being more prudent with making the calls now.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BuccoJD

Starter

#6 : October 15, 2006, 07:45:19 PM

Bottom Line is that Grad's did have his head slammed into the ground...ref saw it, and with the recent spleen injury, he made the call.

We've gotten screwed too, but one finally went our way. And btw they still had a chance to stop us, but their D couldn't handle an offense with 3 starting rooks.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 15, 2006, 07:53:17 PM

At the time I thought it was a poor call but when I saw the replay again tonight it really does look like he tried to drive his head into the ground.

I see why Cary called it even though it was a very touchy call.

Sactobuc

Starter

#8 : October 15, 2006, 08:22:56 PM

Grads was curling up, in which your head drops to your chest and it may look as if your head was being slammed into the ground...........Bucs get the call, Bucs win without it.....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 15, 2006, 08:41:29 PM

I thought you were cut n pasting some of our old posts...

Sactobuc

Starter

#10 : October 15, 2006, 08:43:52 PM

If you mean me, the same conversation happens to exist in different areas.  Don't blame me..... ;D

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 15, 2006, 10:31:34 PM

If that play was against the Bucs we'd all be screaming about it. The Bucs were on the winning end of some of the calls but damn, it's been the other way around for the first quarter of the season...

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 16, 2006, 12:03:24 AM

it was a good call he did get his head driven into the ground,we were over due to get a few calls after last week which was just rediculous.

#13 : October 16, 2006, 12:15:46 AM

There were some Bengals fans sitting behind us and crying over the call on Grads...I cannot use the words here that I gave them, but basically I said, "Your pathetic %*&#@* asses would be screaming %&*# murder if it were Palmer on the other end of a hit...." among other "niceties".

I've been on a lot of roadies to see the Bucs and seen alot of other fans of teams.  None of them as bad as the Bengal groupies today though.

bucs8ball

Starter

#14 : October 16, 2006, 12:24:23 AM

Thanks for the excellent read! I love being on the good side of a "bad" ref call.

I'm sure Simms injury has the refs quick to throw the roughing the passer flag. The fact of the matter is... the sacker could've easily got Grads down without resorting to the old pile driver!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dont you love it when the opposition fans cry :D « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools