Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we give up too much for Kellen Winslow? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: March 06, 2009, 01:15:54 AM

???

After further thinking, I say no.  the Bucs need playmaking, and jukes, and lord knows with the offensive picks the Bucs have gotten in the second round, is there really much to argue?

Now keep in mind you that Winslow is not as injury prone as you guys say he was.  He rode a bike like a madman.  I had one, did the same.  Wrecked it as well.  He hurt his knee.  Not football.  Maturity, changed man...yes?  I can dig that.  It is the Tampa air.  Now, he also had a staph infection.  Is it the Cleveland hospitals?  The dungeon of a training facility?  Well, I drove through Cleveland many a time, and I have to say, the bricks there need changing.  And he bashed the owners for not paying the best player they had any attention when he was holed up.  Does the best player not deserve a "How ya doin"? from the ancient owners?

I guess not.  But they suspended K2, and had to take away his suspension.  So who was wrong?  from my vantage as a fan, not K2.

So aside from the microfracture concerns (which are real considering the nature of the game, the weakness of joints), was giving up a 2nd too much for K2?

I say no. 

He is basically a second wideout in our lineup.  He is faster than Clayton, and maybe faster than Antonio, who you know I love.

I think he will make a diff in the Tampa offense.

:-*

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 06, 2009, 01:17:25 AM

the more I think about it, the more Im thinking we did.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 06, 2009, 01:19:03 AM

Nope. Great deal.

People really really really really really really over-rate draft picks.

If you trade away your whole draft year after year sure you're going to have problems but losing a pick here and there for a pro-bowler isn't the end of the world a lot of people think it is.

Kellen Winslow will be great for the Buccaneers

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 06, 2009, 01:19:09 AM

A 2nd round pick for a #6 Overall player.

No...we did not give up...we got a steal!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 06, 2009, 01:20:01 AM

Oh and I might as well just get this out of the way.

Since the virus is soon to infest.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 06, 2009, 01:21:02 AM

The Chiefs got a possible franchise QB and a Pro Bowl LB for a second. :D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 06, 2009, 01:21:13 AM

the more I think about it, the more Im thinking we did.
So a thousand yard TE is erroneous?

Why is it wrong?

Offense has been an issue, and the BUcs sign legit skillset, and suddenly, the draft pick (which has been bashed for years) is too much?

Pray tell, what is wrong with it?  

I would have given a 2nd up, despite the fact the BUcs truly did not need another TE.
But he is basically another wideout hanging hard on the tackles hips...I have no issue with it.  He will be roasting LBs before too long.  If McCown can get him the ball without holding it too long.

Simon Phoenix

Starter

#7 : March 06, 2009, 01:21:59 AM

I think we got K2 for a fair deal...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can rebuild him..we have the technology

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 06, 2009, 01:22:23 AM

The Chiefs got a possible franchise QB and a Pro Bowl LB for a second. :D
And?

Is Scott Pioli the GM of the BUcs?

Are the Patriots smart for stacking up on second rounders, so they can fill a roster with legit talent, and not have to cripple their cap space?

Incahoots mean anything to you man? :D

We'll see how Cassell does with the Chefs.  My bet is he will suck pretty damned hard.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 06, 2009, 01:24:32 AM

That is why I put the cheesy smiley at the end. It was a joke.  It all depends on how he plays. He is a playmaker and I hope he proves it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 06, 2009, 01:32:29 AM

That is why I put the cheesy smiley at the end. It was a joke. It all depends on how he plays. He is a playmaker and I hope he proves it.
I hate our smileys sometimes.

But if that is how you felt, then I apologize for being rash.

I am not inclined to think Cassell who was almost cut multiple times is a worth a second, and he had big time targets to throw to.  I think he will smell pretty bad after throwing to Bowe, and company.  Hell, maybe Thig can lineup at Wideout...

Giving up a second for K2 was a true steal, the more I think about it.

If the Bucs were to draft this year, and were able to pickup Harvin in round 2, would it be a steal?  In the moment yes.

But K2, when healthy, and lord knows with Gruden, would have been a monster.  He could still be a beast.  If he signs a new deal.  Hope the Glazers have their pockets open.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 06, 2009, 01:33:52 AM

Nope. Great deal.

People really really really really really really over-rate draft picks.

Yes they do. The only time I would really question a trade was if it involved a first rounder. I know team can get a "brady" every once in awhile in the later rounds, but that's like winning the lottery imo.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 06, 2009, 01:53:01 AM

Boid, it seems nothing good comes without risk(Antonio Bryant).  Every team has to make these difficult choices. NE rolled the dice on Moss for a 4th and they nailed it. Which is why I brought him up in the TO thread.  I say Winslow is worth the risk for a second pick. Even more so when I think of Dexter Jackson.  Imo, it is better to have talent that could possibly fail than to watch mediocrity struggle.  Lets hope Dominik is good at calculating those risks. I was really disappointed in FA after a few days but they seem to be doing the right thing. Just add some DL and we may be back.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#13 : March 06, 2009, 02:23:18 AM

After thinking about it there are not that many TE's that have his kind of talent, maybe 4 or 5 guys and he is still very young. I doubt we would have used the 2nd round pick on a TE, but if K2 was in this draft he would not make it to the 2nd round if he is at 100%, which it seems he is.
We have a good group of TE's and WR's are not that hard to find and we have one great WR, and maybe we can get Dexter Jackson coached up, if nothing else he has the speed to spread the field. I don't like some of the decisions and not sure I would do what MD has done, but it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it. We have an upgrade at TE and HB, not a DT and QB like a lot of us were hoping for, but maybe we fill one of those in the draft.
I just hope it works out and we don't lose any fairweather fans, they occupy half the seats IMO.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 06, 2009, 03:22:18 AM

K2 really only seems like a bad deal because KC put on the ski mask and went after NE. That deal was criminal and it is hard to hold anyone to meet that level of deal. You'd clearly have picked him, with all your know about him, in R2 of this draft so he's value. There are fair odds he will go to more pro bowls that everyone taken in R2 this year. He gives you a lot of versatility to play in-line or flanked out like Clark in IND.

He's got risk with injury and attitude without a doubt. I'm less worried about injury than if he goes all TO on us if LM doesn't pan out.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we give up too much for Kellen Winslow? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools