Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we give up too much for Kellen Winslow? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#195 : November 09, 2009, 07:04:18 PM

I have decided that i was not wrong regarding K2 - I just had no frame of reference for what an elite NFL TE looks like...

and K2 was definitely worth the 2nd rounder given up for him!

...and how about the kid that was throwing him the ball....?

Methinks more crow and humble pie is in store for those who did not believe Freeman would be the real deal....he didn't barely lose to a very poor Washington team...he beat a pretty good (Dom Capers) defense.

He had a lot of help and he needs much more exposure...but Freeman is definitely who I thought he was....

Crown him...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#196 : November 09, 2009, 07:43:37 PM

Sure, K2 is no Gilmore, Becht, or Alex Smith, but how can a team give up a 2 for him?  Didn't MD know he could have spent that two on a guy like a Dexter Jackson?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#197 : November 10, 2009, 02:13:20 AM

I have decided that i was not wrong regarding K2 - I just had no frame of reference for what an elite NFL TE looks like...

Methinks more crow and humble pie is in store for those who did not believe Freeman would be the real deal....he didn't barely lose to a very poor Washington team...he beat a pretty good (Dom Capers) defense.

He had a lot of help and he needs much more exposure...but Freeman is definitely who I thought he was....

Crown him...
Regarding crowning him...just wrong.

What do you mean no framing of what an elite NFL TE looks like?  He had to grab that TD pass flying through the sky, with TWO hands.  That is stunning.  He caught a poorly thrown pass.  He was running, but the pass was one of the worst he threw all day, IMO.  K2 gave him some love.

K2 is bonafide.  Freeman is not.

Still love your sig pic, but c'mon.

You have your crosshairs aimed backwards.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#198 : November 10, 2009, 05:51:26 AM

I would say no.

He was brought in here as a compliment to any "new" QB. It was a but much, but in the longrun, I think it will be worth it. If he could stop the diva attitude, I think he could be just as good of a player as his father. Time "might" change that tude one day. Hopefully sooner than later.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#199 : November 10, 2009, 08:06:43 AM

He has played well this year considering AB hasnt been on the field and Clayton runs around looking for people to block. K2 is our only pass catching threat at this point but Sammie Sgt. Stroughter is developing nicely for a 7th rounder...

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

burger40

Hall of Famer

#200 : November 10, 2009, 09:08:32 PM

I would say no.

He was brought in here as a compliment to any "new" QB. It was a but much, but in the longrun, I think it will be worth it. If he could stop the diva attitude, I think he could be just as good of a player as his father. Time "might" change that tude one day. Hopefully sooner than later.
dude he hasn't been a diva once this year which surprised me...he's supported Rah all the way and has been working hard and developing a good relationship with Freeman. Sounds like the opposite of Diva to me.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#201 : November 10, 2009, 09:13:01 PM

I would say no.

dude he hasn't been a diva once this year which surprised me...he's supported Rah all the way and has been working hard and developing a good relationship with Freeman. Sounds like the opposite of Diva to me.

Now do you think he would have been that way if he didn't get his new fat contract that everyone was complaining about?

burger40

Hall of Famer

#202 : November 10, 2009, 09:15:19 PM

I would say no.

Now do you think he would have been that way if he didn't get his new fat contract that everyone was complaining about?
that is pure speculation, i don't know what he would've done but fact is he's played as well as anyone on offense and has been a good locker room presence.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#203 : November 10, 2009, 09:19:13 PM

I would say no.

that is pure speculation, i don't know what he would've done but fact is he's played as well as anyone on offense and has been a good locker room presence.

He wasn't content playing on a losing team before (even though he had big numbers) and I do not believe he would be content playing on the losing team he is now if it were not for all the guaranteed money and security.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#204 : November 10, 2009, 09:22:53 PM

I would say no.

He wasn't content playing on a losing team before (even though he had big numbers) and I do not believe he would be content playing on the losing team he is now if it were not for all the guaranteed money and security.
very possible but he hasn't caused any problems and it is pure speculation since many players with big contracts don't mind shooting their mouths off like TO back in the day.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#205 : November 11, 2009, 12:30:42 AM

Crown him...
Regarding crowning him...just wrong.

What do you mean no framing of what an elite NFL TE looks like?  He had to grab that TD pass flying through the sky, with TWO hands.  That is stunning.  He caught a poorly thrown pass.  He was running, but the pass was one of the worst he threw all day, IMO.  K2 gave him some love.

K2 is bonafide.  Freeman is not.

Still love your sig pic, but c'mon.

You have your crosshairs aimed backwards.

Boid, I'm simply admitting I didn't know what I was talking about regarding K2...

but Freeman proved that even though it's early, he won't make his coach pay for going for a touchdown and a win rather than a safe field goal...no one else we've tried in two years justified that.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#206 : November 11, 2009, 05:31:52 AM

Winslow was completely worth a round 2...anyone who says otherwise is a fool.  Even if dude gets hurt (knocking on wood), he would have been a worthwile investment.  Guys get hurt all the time in the NFL.  Part and parcel to the game.  So far, so good.

He is making himself available as a target, he is drawing a lot of attention from the secondary, he is scoring some touchdowns. 

K2 was needed by this team, espescially given the craziness of this particular season.  He is probably the best offensive player on the roster right now.  Well...he IS the best offensive player on the roster right now.  And he is not a distraction, he has been acting the way a grown up should.  Unlike some of the players.

Still can't believe Ward refused to enter a game.  That just stinks.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#207 : November 11, 2009, 08:33:40 AM

K2 is by far the best offensive player on this team. MD made a very good move, getting a fantastic TE for a young QB. Anyone who thinks we shouldn't have given up a second for K2 is insane.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#208 : November 11, 2009, 09:08:00 AM

I haven't read all 6 pages of this thread but it looks a lot to me like the K2/Gaines Adams deals will be a wash with us getting the better end of both deals.

+1 to Dominik. or +2 if you like.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

goto11

Starter
#209 : November 11, 2009, 09:20:25 AM

With the pick the Bucs gave to Cleveland for K2, the Browns selected Mohamed Massaquoi.  So far this year:

Massaquoi: 19 catches, 328 yards, 0 TDs
Winslow: 35 catches, 352 yards, 5 TDs

Massaquoi has a pretty lofty yards per catch average, but Winslow has the touchdowns.

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we give up too much for Kellen Winslow? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools