Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Monte retire after this year? « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: January 24, 2007, 01:46:25 PM

Kiffin's contract is up at the end of this year, he'll be 67, he's created a legacy... Will he retire?

If he retires, who will succeed him?

Could we get Raheem Morris to succeed him? Will he be ready...

I already mentioned in another post the Kiffin has been giving more responsibility to his assistants (Paticularly Morris) than he had in previous years... Could this be a sign of what's to come?

#1 : January 24, 2007, 01:46:58 PM

Thread title misleading.

wc24

Second String

#2 : January 24, 2007, 01:49:15 PM

Kiffin's contract is up at the end of this year, he'll be 67, he's created a legacy... Will he retire?

I already mentioned in another post the Kiffin has been giving more responsibility to his assistants (Paticularly Morris) than he had in previous years... Could this be a sign of what's to come?

Morris has been an employee of the Bucs for 15 days. How do you know he's getting more responsibility?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 24, 2007, 01:49:38 PM

I agree that the title of this thread should read something along the lines of "Will Monte retire after this year?"

As for the answer, I think it's a possibilty. He's really getting up there, but I think he has a passion for the game. I think a lot depends on how the Bucs do this year. If he does step down, I think Morris would one logical choice right now to replace him...unless they could get another former Bucs assistant to come over in a Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach role.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#4 : January 24, 2007, 01:50:26 PM

Morris has been an employee of the Bucs for 15 days.
And 4 years before that.

psymun

Starter
#5 : January 24, 2007, 01:52:05 PM

Morris has been an employee of the Bucs for 15 days. How do you know he's getting more responsibility?

I don't have the insider access the PR staff has, but I have reliable sources... And that's what I'm being told...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 24, 2007, 01:52:37 PM

How about Marinelli, when he gets fired in Detroit after next year?

wc24

Second String

#7 : January 24, 2007, 02:09:41 PM

Morris has been an employee of the Bucs for 15 days.
And 4 years before that.

That's true however what's out there that indicates he's getting more responsibility?

LEO

Practice Squad

#8 : January 24, 2007, 02:14:00 PM

I look for Monte to be around a few more years

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 24, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

If Detroit fans and the Detroit organisation live up to their reputation as a coach killer we will get Marinelli back at Def coordinator and Barry as defensive linebacker coach/ assistant head coach ;)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : January 24, 2007, 07:45:10 PM

Monte has always said he doesn't golf, he doesn't fish, the only thing he does is football, & he wouldn't know what else to do. And his wife doesn't want him home all the time.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#11 : January 25, 2007, 12:39:59 AM

Monte has always said he doesn't golf, he doesn't fish, the only thing he does is football, & he wouldn't know what else to do. And his wife doesn't want him home all the time.

That's the way to do it!

He is good but he makes me nervous because we have lost so many potential DCs since he has been here. Marinelli, Barry, Tomlin all in 2 seasons. That's harsh because those guys would have done a good job too.

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#12 : January 25, 2007, 12:17:31 PM

What is everyone talking about monte will live forever and will never retire.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 25, 2007, 02:03:26 PM

What is everyone talking about monte will live forever and will never retire.
They should build a Pyramid for him in Egypt.  The man is greatness.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 25, 2007, 06:14:36 PM

How about Marinelli, when he gets fired in Detroit after next year?

funny but true and i cant wait to say told you so,lol  detroit sucks
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Monte retire after this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools