Boards > The Red Board

We're trying to win games here, stop complaining about playcalling.

(1/2) > >>

BucFan9720:
Alot of Buc fans right now are **CENSORED**ing about the 44 passes Gradkowski threw and the 19 carries that Cadillac had.

Look, I'm sure Gruden would have loved to have it be the other way around, but the game just happened to have shaped itself in that way. Be happy that we actually played as a cohesive unit and won a freakin game.

Also, give alot of credit to Bruce Gradkowski and how he has made this team so much better.

simms22:
we should of ran more.. thats a  fact. 19 carries against a subpar team against the run isnt very smart football. We were never out of the game so theres its not like we needed multiple scores. The team played well, but cadillac only gets better in the 4th quarter.

BucFan9720:
Yes, I know that already. But God forbid Gruden show his confidence in Gradkowski by letting him try and win this game with his arm.

simms22:
Im not doubting grads ability, im just saying we should of balanced out our attack more. Why not get our best offensive player some more touches?

gharen:
They were selling out against the run. Even the worst defensive teams can stop the run with 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box. The pass plays were there Grads just missed a few of them or this game might not have been so close.

Sactobuc:
Good game and some questionable calls but Grudens learning his new QB and Grads is learning how to win in the NFL.........

mjs020294:
We didn't run enough in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter, and it nearly cost us the game.

finnbluebucs:
I thought we should run the ball a lot more. Caddy could have had 125 yardds and more today. But it doesnt matter, we won the game anyway.

gone:
We started out running hard, and they took it away from us.  THats why there was more passing later on.  The same thing when Simms was QB -- they sold out on the run and dared the QB to beat em.  And this time he did, barely.  If he had had a better day, he might have torched them.
They Bengals were very creative in their D today, they had the whole Bye to work it up, be interesting to see us v Philly.

buckit:

--- Quote from: BucFan9720 on October 15, 2006, 05:30:53 PM ---Alot of Buc fans right now are doging about the 44 passes Gradkowski threw and the 19 carries that Cadillac had.

Look, I'm sure Gruden would have loved to have it be the other way around, but the game just happened to have shaped itself in that way. Be happy that we actually played as a cohesive unit and won a freakin game.

Also, give alot of credit to Bruce Gradkowski and how he has made this team so much better.

--- End quote ---

Up till now, I was right there with you.  Hell, I've been more than vocal about my support of the playcalling here.  But I have to say, that with 6:49 left in the game and 2 timeouts, we should not have abandonded the run.  IMO, we looked desperate.  Thank god it worked out ok. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version