Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3's the Charm: Hugh, you're a hit! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : January 24, 2007, 10:12:48 PM

Okay so he shouldn't be exempt from being canned because of his image?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : January 24, 2007, 10:15:01 PM

You got it.  Everybody keeps saying, oh he'll be grabbed in a second.  Fine, that means we should keep him because others want him?

#17 : January 24, 2007, 10:40:55 PM

You got it. Everybody keeps saying, oh he'll be grabbed in a second. Fine, that means we should keep him because others want him?
Okay, and yet...did you say the same thing about Tony Dungy, who was grabbed in a second?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#18 : January 24, 2007, 10:51:40 PM

No, I thought it was time.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#19 : January 25, 2007, 08:40:32 AM

Re the "rock star" comment............it actually had nothing to do with coaching and far more to do with human interaction.  Gruden has a tremendous amount of charisma.  When he walks into a crowded room a) people know it and heads turn  b) everybody makes a point to talk to him  c) He draws a crowd..........it's just interesting, that's all.  Mike Nolan is coaching the South squad and you wouldn't even know he was at his own press conference.  90% of the media and other coaches/scouts around were talking to Gruden while he waited to speak............People walk by Brad Childress and think he's a capologist or something.......I;m just saying I was a little surprised by the stir Gruden creates wherever he goes...........there is no doubt he is very popular among other coaches and scouts in the league and well liked..........and it really stood out to me............just an observation I thought was interesting enough to pass along, that's all.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 25, 2007, 08:47:48 AM

Re the "rock star" comment............it actually had nothing to do with coaching and far more to do with human interaction. Gruden has a tremendous amount of charisma. When he walks into a crowded room a) people know it and heads turn b) everybody makes a point to talk to him c) He draws a crowd..........it's just interesting, that's all. Mike Nolan is coaching the South squad and you wouldn't even know he was at his own press conference. 90% of the media and other coaches/scouts around were talking to Gruden while he waited to speak............People walk by Brad Childress and think he's a capologist or something.......I;m just saying I was a little surprised by the stir Gruden creates wherever he goes...........there is no doubt he is very popular among other coaches and scouts in the league and well liked..........and it really stood out to me............just an observation I thought was interesting enough to pass along, that's all.

Come on HM, you know better than to share anything remotely positive about Gruden on here.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3's the Charm: Hugh, you're a hit! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools