Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Salisbury - Jew or no Jew, you be the judge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 24, 2007, 10:20:59 PM

I agree.
Come on, guys, he obviously was saying "juke" but was talking so fast he forgot to but the "k" sound at the end. Tell me I'm not the only person that accidently does this every once in a while when I get excited...

He said jew, no way around it. I think it's funny, he made himself look like a clown, as usual.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 24, 2007, 11:34:10 PM

I agree.
Come on, guys, he obviously was saying "juke" but was talking so fast he forgot to but the "k" sound at the end. Tell me I'm not the only person that accidently does this every once in a while when I get excited...

He said jew, no way around it. I think it's funny, he made himself look like a clown, as usual.

Then let's clarify.  If anything, he said "joo."  Just because you talk too fast and make a syllabic sound doesn't mean you used that syllabic sound in the context of the actual word it sounds like. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#32 : January 25, 2007, 12:37:26 AM

I can get over somebody making a mistake both if they misspoke as in talking too fast or misspoke as in said something they shouldn't have. In this case, however, I sort of have a bias against Salisbury. He comes off as a real jerk on TV for one, and secondly he has just recently had an incident where he was in trouble for his inappropriate behavior.

I can let this stuff slide and I would if I were ESPN but Salisbury has to go. He sucks as an analyst and he makes them look bad on top of that.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 25, 2007, 01:41:21 PM

no way do i think he sat there putting together his notes on what he was gonna say, and said to himself, "yeah the colts really jewed their way down the field"

these shows are timed to the second, and the analysts have to talk at a mile a minute pace to get their words in, the guy just tripped over his own tongue.

richbucsfan

Starter

#34 : January 25, 2007, 02:53:40 PM

No story here, guys.  Hey, let's be men and stay away from rumor-mongering.

nflinsider

Starter

#35 : January 25, 2007, 02:58:18 PM

He said it, what a dumbass.

"CHEW" OR "JEW"? YOU DECIDE

There's an intriguing imbroglio unfolding in NFL media circles regarding whether ESPN's Sean Salisbury uttered the word "Jew" during Monday's broadcast of NFL Live. The term was used in connection with Salisbury's discussion regarding the Colts' come-from-behind win over the Patriots on Sunday.

We'd heard about the incident from several readers, and we asked around the blogosphere about it. Our friends at Deadspin.com had the balls (and we respect them for it) to post a carefully-crafted story regarding the issue. And the RandBall blog at StarTribune.com writes that ESPN claims that Salisbury said "chew."

Here's the audio. http://www.profootballtalk.com/NFLLive1-22-07.wav You decide.

This is what we heard Salisbury say, regarding the approach that the Colts and quarterback Peyton Manning employed on Sunday: "We'll nip, we'll tuck, we'll go, we'll punch, we'll Jew, we'll do it all. And they nickel-and-dimed it and Peyton made the play when it mattered all through the second half." [Editor's note: We previously had "crunch" in place of "punch." We apologize for the error.]

We reported several months back that Salisbury was suspended by ESPN for a week. Though we didn't disclose the reason for the suspension, it has been reported elsewhere that it was the result of Salisbury taking a picture of his, um, appendage and showing it to others.

We don't know whether Salisbury meant to say "Jew" or whether he was simply talking too fast. But it wasn't "chew," and if ESPN thinks that anyone will believe that, then ESPN thinks we're all stoopid.

Of course, the continued presence of Michael Irvin on the Bristol airwaves pretty much confirms that ESPN thinks we're all stoopid.

And thanks so much to the reader who recorded the audio and sent it to us. We owe you one. (It's just a figure of speech. Please don't ask us for anything.)

Interesteting. They fired Limbaught after his comments about McNabb but I have a feeling this one gets swept under the rug.

#36 : January 25, 2007, 03:59:51 PM

Interesteting. They fired Limbaught after his comments about McNabb but I have a feeling this one gets swept under the rug.

Well, Limbaugh is sort of a jerk, but Irvin should have had the same fate with his statements on Hovan.  Salisbury will skate, though, IMO.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#37 : January 25, 2007, 04:10:05 PM

I wonder if the Weight Watchers commercial is an inside joke. When he says Chicks dig me. I crack up everytime I see that after hearing about the whole picture thing.

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#38 : January 25, 2007, 04:16:33 PM

It does sound like jew but I like sean maybe he just excited.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 25, 2007, 04:58:59 PM

Yea, I listened, but all I could make out was..

"We'll nip, we'll tuck, we'll go, we'll punch, we'll nuke the Christ Killers!, we'll do it all.  And they nickel-and-dimed it and Peyton made the play when it mattered all through the second half."

This thread is too funny..

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#40 : January 25, 2007, 05:08:43 PM

He was flubbing his words prior to actually saying "jew" but without a doubt he did say it.

Huey Freeman

Starter

#41 : January 25, 2007, 05:42:08 PM

I'll agree to having heard whichever that will get him off the air quickest......  I think I also heard him make a derogatory remark about black quarterbacks.. But you have to have supersonic hearing like I do to hear it.  Just take my word for it....  lol. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Salisbury - Jew or no Jew, you be the judge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools