Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paymah to visit Bucs.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

botosnipa

Rookie

#15 : March 06, 2009, 07:01:32 PM

great all we need is another Bronco... We have some kind of weird relationship with the Broncos.  It seems like they get our rejects and we get theirs.  It all started with John Lynch.  I won't get into specifics because the list would go on and on and on and on.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 06, 2009, 07:01:57 PM

Â  More on Paymah... Had some play as a CB when Champ Bailey was out; 5 passes defensed and an INT. Not bad for very limited time on the field. Interesting...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/03/denver-cb-sched.html

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#17 : March 06, 2009, 07:17:02 PM

He would be depth behind Mack.

Him coming in wouldn't jeopardize Mack's role on the defense in anyway.

Exactly.  As the young guys step in (Hayes, Black, Mack, etc.), someone is needed to back them up and take their spot on ST.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#18 : March 06, 2009, 09:30:49 PM

Was one of the FA cbs that I thought would at least be interesting is 6'0" 195 and only 26. If Morris and Bates could coach him up like when Pbuc first
got to Tampa guy just may be decent.He also plays a little safety.
Nobody wanted PBuc when we signed him.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 06, 2009, 09:40:06 PM

Well, considering our current CBs are Ronde Barber, Aqib Talib, Torrie Cox, Elbert Mack, Kyle Arrington and Greg Fassitt, I don't see how bringing Paymah in is a bad thing.  However, I'd rather see Bryant McFadden brought in for a visit, and if the Bucs can't get him, then take a look at Leigh Bodden or Ralph Brown.

If a guy is being brought in just for ST, I'd rather take a look at someone that's a little bigger that can make some tackles, like a safety or linebacker.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#20 : March 06, 2009, 09:46:20 PM

4 yrs and he still isn't a starter?

Meet Dominique Foxworth, Dre' Bly and Champ Bailey

Strong competition, indeed.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#21 : March 06, 2009, 10:06:35 PM

Well, considering our current CBs are Ronde Barber, Aqib Talib, Torrie Cox, Elbert Mack, Kyle Arrington and Greg Fassitt, I don't see how bringing Paymah in is a bad thing. However, I'd rather see Bryant McFadden brought in for a visit, and if the Bucs can't get him, then take a look at Leigh Bodden or Ralph Brown.

If a guy is being brought in just for ST, I'd rather take a look at someone that's a little bigger that can make some tackles, like a safety or linebacker.

I believe he was the Broncos top ST tackler the last few years.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 06, 2009, 11:35:21 PM

4 yrs and he still isn't a starter?

Meet Dominique Foxworth, Dre' Bly and Champ Bailey
And dont forget that Williams guy until he got killed.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 06, 2009, 11:58:47 PM

Well, considering our current CBs are Ronde Barber, Aqib Talib, Torrie Cox, Elbert Mack, Kyle Arrington and Greg Fassitt, I don't see how bringing Paymah in is a bad thing. However, I'd rather see Bryant McFadden brought in for a visit, and if the Bucs can't get him, then take a look at Leigh Bodden or Ralph Brown.

That leading number of tackles (31) on special teams is cumulative, since 2005.
How many others have been on Denver's special teams for four years?
Last year he had just three special teams tackles, so I'm not yet completely sold on him being the next ST MVP.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 07, 2009, 01:02:16 AM

And dont forget that Williams guy until he got killed.

Rude. But another excellent point.

That guy was a stud.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#25 : March 07, 2009, 01:02:53 AM

That leading number of tackles (31) on special teams is cumulative, since 2005.
How many others have been on Denver's special teams for four years?
Last year he had just three special teams tackles, so I'm not yet completely sold on him being the next ST MVP.

Didn't look up his year by year.  Just read in an article he was the leader since 2005.  Yeah, I wouldn't crown him a ST MVP just yet either.  But maybe since Bates was in Denver, he sees something in this guy.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 07, 2009, 01:11:29 AM

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos CB Karl Paymah appears to much more confident heading into the 2006 season. The swagger that permeated his answers was somewhat shocking from someone who had seemed so mild-mannered as a rookie. "My goal is just to come in and get better," the second-year Denver Broncos cornerback said matter-of-factly. "But a guy like me, and my size and my ability, I've got to be on the field." When Denver aligned in its nickel package last month at the end of organized team activities, Paymah's improving performance allowed him to pass CB Domonique Foxworth and jump into the first-team nickel, alongside CBs Darrent Williams and Champ Bailey. That personnel grouping continued through the team's recent minicamp. Paymah's ascension shows that the coaching staff has taken note of his recent progress. Paymah said there was no jealousy last season as Williams and Foxworth played significantly, while he slipped into mostly a special-teams role, where he finished second on the team with 11 tackles. Rather, he blamed himself and focused on improving his deficiencies.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 07, 2009, 01:24:42 AM

LOL

Seriously?

Why are we trying to fill our biggest holes with scrubs?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 07, 2009, 02:27:14 AM

LOL

Seriously?

"Paymah would upgrade the Bucs' special teams and provide depth at corner after Phillip Buchanon's exit. " 

You really should read more and write less.   You're probably the only person who doesn't understand the statement above.   If you think a good special teams player is bad to fill a special teams role and provide depth then you understand less about football than I ever imagined.   No where does it say he's been signed or the Bucs plan on signing him either.   He's coming for a visit.   That doesn't mean much. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 07, 2009, 10:02:46 PM

LOL

Seriously?

"Paymah would upgrade the Bucs' special teams and provide depth at corner after Phillip Buchanon's exit. " 

You really should read more and write less.   You're probably the only person who doesn't understand the statement above.   If you think a good special teams player is bad to fill a special teams role and provide depth then you understand less about football than I ever imagined.   No where does it say he's been signed or the Bucs plan on signing him either.   He's coming for a visit.   That doesn't mean much. 

I completely understand it.  I'm sorry if I don't like how we have all the cap room you could imagine, yet we aren't bringing in better players.  We HAVE depth at corner, what we don't have are STARTERS.  We need a guy who can start or at least play nickel, the Mack's, Cox's, Arrington's of the world are our "depth" and special teams players. 

You should really break your keyboard, as you rarely type anything intelligent.  You can remove your lips from my jock now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paymah to visit Bucs.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools