Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duemig's interesting talk on the Jay Cutler situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

: March 06, 2009, 08:14:02 PM

I was listening to Steve Duemigs show and he brought up some valid points into why the Jay Cutler saga might not be over. Some of the things that I remember he brought up and my perception of it...
Josh McDaniels will be bringing in a West Coast offense that is a spread offense, not as vertical but will include More slant routes and dump off passes. Another thing is that 90% of the snaps will include shotgun formations which what Chris Simms mostly ran in college and is more comfortable with. Simms is more of a shotgun passer while Cutler is more of a dropback passer, which would lead to why they brought in Simms if they are indeed entertaining the idea of trading Cutler, plus Simms is familiar with the West Coast offense. Did anyone listen to Duemig talking about this and what else I missed that he mentioned? I myself feel it's not over yet because usually when someone gets Put on the trading block they eventually sooner or later get traded.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 06, 2009, 08:17:32 PM

Duimig is a fool.  Just my 2 pennies.  Keep them.

lovethe bucs

Second String

#2 : March 06, 2009, 08:18:54 PM

Has a great show.  Just not believe everything you hear.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 06, 2009, 08:19:27 PM

i doubt they trade him.  We could only hope as Tampa fans...but i doubt they go from Cutler to Simms.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : March 06, 2009, 08:22:28 PM

Well whenever a trade is official I will be ecstatic. Right now speculating over it does nothing to put Cutler on our team. It is fun though.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#5 : March 06, 2009, 08:23:08 PM

Simms over Cutler?

I dont care what system you run, Simms is a mumble under your breath to Cutler.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 06, 2009, 08:29:26 PM

Simms was supposedly turning heads in Tennessee, fully recovering from his spleen injury to the point where they were pretty high on him of maybe being the starter next season. Up until they were able to reach an agreemennt with Collins in a new 2 year contract. Simms may do well in a west coast offense with more dumb down terminology, not Grudens that's for sure

#7 : March 06, 2009, 08:30:09 PM

If  u think they will trade Cutler and go with Simms.... No way... Really?... That is the definition of talk radio....Stupidity..We are all dumber for listening.

#8 : March 06, 2009, 08:34:17 PM

Simms was turning heads because his balls were hitting the coaches on the sidelines. West coast offense? TB buccanneers 40......Simms never had trouble with terminology...He had trouble with completions.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 06, 2009, 08:40:39 PM

Whatever the price is for Cutler - pay it.  Even if they try to make the buccs take Simms back... :o ;D :o

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 06, 2009, 08:43:10 PM

LMFAO, they wanted a QB who was familiar with the WC offense? That's like booking Meatloaf for your wedding to rap.

Makes sense, they brought in Simms, an over-hyped spleen, to trade Cutler, an '08 probowl QB.

#11 : March 06, 2009, 08:45:42 PM

Whatever the price is for Cutler - pay it. 

I second that with most sincerity!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 06, 2009, 08:48:17 PM

Simms was supposedly turning heads in Tennessee, fully recovering from his spleen injury to the point where they were pretty high on him of maybe being the starter next season. Up until they were able to reach an agreemennt with Collins in a new 2 year contract. Simms may do well in a west coast offense with more dumb down terminology, not Grudens that's for sure

So he was turning heads with starter skills coming out and they let him walk? Vince Young is straight mentally crazy, why would Collins contract matter to keeping talent at the most critical position in the league?

No, Simms is awful. NFL teams don't let good QB talent simply walk without a fight.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 06, 2009, 09:01:40 PM

Remember when NE brought Simms in to try out last year, and then at the last minute changed their mind?

Is it possible that this NE descendant is the one who had the interest for Simms?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 06, 2009, 09:08:39 PM

Whatever the price is for Cutler - pay it.

I second that with most sincerity!!!

third
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duemig's interesting talk on the Jay Cutler situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools