Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duemig's interesting talk on the Jay Cutler situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #15 : March 06, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »

Simms was turning heads because his balls were hitting the coaches on the sidelines.

LMAO ... good stuff

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 06, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »

Josh McDaniels will be bringing in a West Coast offense that is a spread offense, not as vertical but will include More slant routes and dump off passes.

DUImig is wrong.  McDaniels offense was pretty damn vertical 2 seasons ago with Brady at the helm.

Another thing is that 90% of the snaps will include shotgun formations which what Chris Simms mostly ran in college and is more comfortable with. Simms is more of a shotgun passer while Cutler is more of a dropback passer

DUImig is wrong.  Cutler worked primarily out the Shotgun in college and was in it quite a bit with Shanahan.

DUImig is wrong most of the time.  I don't recommend listening for football talk.  If you need a good laugh, however, turn on the DUI machine.

HughC

Pro Bowler

« #17 : March 06, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »

While New England does run a lot of quick slants, Duimig is off track.  Denver did run a west coast offense with Shanahan; New England does not run a west coast offense.

skip

Starter

« #18 : March 06, 2009, 09:50:26 PM »

Can't believe anything the Big dud says.

Aspen6

Rookie
« #19 : March 06, 2009, 10:04:28 PM »

Didn't Denver come out earlier this week and say they are not trading Cutler, period. What is their incentive to do that at this point? It made sense when they thought they could get Cassel, an equally promising young quarterback who is already familiar with the new coach's system, but now, why trade a 25 year old  franchise QB? Also, if Denver decided to put him on the market, there are other teams with big quarterback needs that could offer more than the 19th pick for him (Detroit, Jacksonville and San Franciso just to name a few).

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #20 : March 06, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »

Didn't Denver come out earlier this week and say they are not trading Cutler, period. What is their incentive to do that at this point? It made sense when they thought they could get Cassel, an equally promising young quarterback who is already familiar with the new coach's system, but now, why trade a 25 year old  franchise QB? Also, if Denver decided to put him on the market, there are other teams with big quarterback needs that could offer more than the 19th pick for him (Detroit, Jacksonville and San Franciso just to name a few).

Exactly.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #21 : March 06, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »

well he was right about the team getting sold and moved ... oh wait a minute .. well he was dead on about a Gaines Adams for Calvin Johnson deal in the works ... oh .. and the other day about ... I'm not going there ...  nevermind ...

« #22 : March 06, 2009, 10:10:12 PM »

Duemig is an idiot, and none of that makes much sense

His theory is they brought in Simms so that they could trade Cutler? Come on, Cutler is a Pro Bowl QB and SImms is just fighting to prove himself. That would be a dumb football move, to say the least

Simms is a BAD fit in teh WCO. Who cares if he has experience, he wasnt a good fit for the offense in Tampa and he wont be any better in Denver if thats what they are running. Both Cutler and Simms are dropback passers

The trading of CUtler may not yet be over, but none of what Duemig said makes any sense. And I am not surprised

Kazmir06

Rookie

« #23 : March 06, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »

That would be stupid trading a franchise quarterback just because he isnt the best fit for the new offensive coordinator i mean what happens if the new coordinator is a bust and is gone in a year or does great and gets a head coaching job in a year then you just traded away your franchise qb that could work well in someone elses  system..... same reason if caddy's healthy and can play but we decide to trade him because he is not that great of a fit in the new offense.

bucmoon

Second String
« #24 : March 06, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »

This has been a pretty bad week for DUEMIG  , starting with his source on monday about the missing boaters . ... Cutler isnt going anywhere .

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 06, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »

I wish the Bucs had Simms instead of McCown.

luke99

Starter

« #26 : March 07, 2009, 05:20:11 AM »

Sad when he drinks!! So Simms is now the man in Denver.. Is it the same source that told him Cooper was found and the BUCS are sold???

Orangegone1

Starter

« #27 : March 07, 2009, 06:57:17 AM »

Maybe in the long run I'll will be proven wrong. But to me Cutler=Jeff George. Great arm but a basket case mentally. A "me" person who blames everyone else. Time will tell but I'm glad we didn't give away the chance of good future players for him.

« #28 : March 07, 2009, 03:14:36 PM »

Trading Cutler in favor of Simms? Good way to lose your job and I hope they do it.

« #29 : March 07, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »

Maybe in the long run I'll will be proven wrong. But to me Cutler=Jeff George. Great arm but a basket case mentally. A "me" person who blames everyone else. Time will tell but I'm glad we didn't give away the chance of good future players for him.

You do realize he went to Vandy right? I dontk now man, Cutler is considered a very heady QB
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duemig's interesting talk on the Jay Cutler situation « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools