Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: America's Game - where were bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coopsxx

Starter
: January 24, 2007, 04:25:10 PM

I catch this show everynow and again and its freakin great,

where did the Bucs come?? i doubt they were high, no one ever mentions it, they mention Pats, Steelers and that ''phenominal'' Ravens D and forget we ever won a SB

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 24, 2007, 04:26:59 PM

Didn't they do that show for the top 20 teams of all time. I don't think we made the list.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 24, 2007, 04:51:08 PM

Yeah they even did the top 20 Super Bowl defensive performances...and we didn't even make that list.  ???

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : January 24, 2007, 04:58:30 PM

Yeah they even did the top 20 Super Bowl defensive performances...and we didn't even make that list. ???

wow thats stupid

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 24, 2007, 05:00:52 PM

Yeah they even did the top 20 Super Bowl defensive performances...and we didn't even make that list.  ???

That's not possible. There's the 1985 Bears and then I'd have to think us or the Ravens. How many defenses outscored the opposing offense?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : January 24, 2007, 07:47:08 PM

Yeah they even did the top 20 Super Bowl defensive performances...and we didn't even make that list. ???

wow thats stupid
Ridiculous!

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 24, 2007, 08:08:32 PM

It's not really a surprise. When you look at that team there wasn't that much star power compared to other championship teams. The offense had no stars, unless you can't seld proclaimed ones called Keyshawn Johnson, and the defense had Lynch, Brooks, Rices, and a slighly fallen Sapp. Either way, if your raking Superbowl champs, I think you have to look for stars on both sides of the ball. The Ravens at least had a great offensive line, Jamal Lewis, and Shannon Sharpe.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : January 24, 2007, 08:18:39 PM

No stars?  Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Barber?  If you're going to rate defenses it should be by numbers & ours was one of the best---for several years.

#8 : January 24, 2007, 08:19:38 PM

No stars? Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Barber? If you're going to rate defenses it should be by numbers & ours was one of the best---for several years.
He said on offense we had no stars.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 24, 2007, 08:24:16 PM

The Bucs had Gruden though and during that time he was the league's golden boy in the coaching ranks.

But that's just disrespectful not putting the Bucs SB win in one of the top 20 Superbowl defensive preformances. Not only was that Bucs D probably one of the best all time during the season(Football outsiders even did something on this a while back I think), but if I remember correctly, they broke a couple of superbowl records that day too.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : January 24, 2007, 09:17:21 PM

Most defensive TDs & most ints.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 24, 2007, 09:58:34 PM

out of 40 SB's we didn't even make the top 20?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : January 24, 2007, 10:07:39 PM

Haters.  Guess they like closer games. Ex. all the Pat SBs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 24, 2007, 10:08:22 PM

I will take the blowout any day...

It affirmed how great the Bucs were!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 24, 2007, 10:10:06 PM

The Bucs had Gruden though and during that time he was the league's golden boy in the coaching ranks.

But that's just disrespectful not putting the Bucs SB win in one of the top 20 Superbowl defensive preformances. Not only was that Bucs D probably one of the best all time during the season(Football outsiders even did something on this a while back I think), but if I remember correctly, they broke a couple of superbowl records that day too.

It may have been individual performances now that I think about it...but even then how can you not include Dwight Smith in that countdown?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: America's Game - where were bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools