Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 22nd Florida Football Player Arrested Under Urban Meyer Regime « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

: March 09, 2009, 10:59:06 PM

Urban Meyer has racked up an impressive résumé at Florida, including two National Titles and a Heisman Trophy winner. While it is less publicized, Meyer is also looking to take the lead for active coaches in most arrested players under one head coach.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/128766-a-full-line-up-22-florida-football-players-arrested-under-the-meyer-regime

There is more in the article. Interesting. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 10, 2009, 01:04:00 AM

First of all, old news.

2nd of all, I tend to wait on these he said/she said complaints.  There is much more to this story than this article says.  Johnson has witnesses saying he was going to class, did not even know girl was on the bus.  Charges were dismissed I believe, or will be.  The basis to her restraining order is allegedly false.

As far as arrests, when you are dealing with so many young men you are going to have guys get in trouble.  I tend to not look at that, but what happens when they do.  Funny how the guys the article mentioned are all no longer with the program. 

My brother is an attorney, and you'd be surprised how little it takes for a woman to go and get a temporary restraining order against you.  I am not saying she is lying, just saying, this is a case where you need to wait and see all the facts before taking judgment.  Witnesses have stated that she became jealous when he split up with her and started dating someone else, and got the order out of spite and jealousy.  Who is telling the truth?  I don't know.  But crucifying him based on this is pretty low IMO. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 10, 2009, 02:50:18 AM

Wow.

Florida ballers in the clink?

Big deal.  Meyer has to eat too.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#3 : March 10, 2009, 07:13:10 AM

PLease guys, unless you want to have a BYU'esque campus ,and have a bunch of sucky Mormon players, the teams who will compete for  the MNC  will always have troubled players....look who they recruit....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 10, 2009, 08:11:05 AM

If we are being accurate, charges were dropped. 

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2009-03-09-florida-johnson_N.htm

A complaint withdrawal affidavit was filed by the woman with the University Police Department on Feb. 19. The document was included as part of Johnson's injunction file. It became public record on Monday afternoon after the charges of violating the injunction were dismissed and was obtained by Florida Today

The affidavit filed with UPD reads: "I'm hereby withdrawing my complaint of sexual battery requested on Feb. 4. I understand the suspect in this case is Carl A. Johnson and I do not wish to prosecute."

#5 : March 10, 2009, 08:24:46 AM

Who cares, its college football. If the kid can play, then let it be.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 10, 2009, 07:43:48 PM

Florida Coach Urban Meyer's blue language leaves him with red face

Urban Meyer was named after a pope. It's a good thing The Holy Father wasn't in Meyer's audience last weekend, or he might have wanted his name back.

Meyer spoke at coaches clinic in Pennsylvania. A local reporter described it as entertaining, enlightening and sprinkled with profanity.

No big deal, right?

Yes and no.
Yes, because profanity has been around sports since cavemen played the first pickup game of rock-throwing.

No, because there's something tacky about the head coach at Florida freely dropping S-bombs in a public forum.

"It's about taking care of your [bleep]," Meyer told the audience.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportswhitleycol10031009mar10,0,6237621.column

LFO

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 10, 2009, 07:52:25 PM

Florida Coach Urban Meyer's blue language leaves him with red face

Urban Meyer was named after a pope. It's a good thing The Holy Father wasn't in Meyer's audience last weekend, or he might have wanted his name back.

Meyer spoke at coaches clinic in Pennsylvania. A local reporter described it as entertaining, enlightening and sprinkled with profanity.

No big deal, right?

Yes and no.
Yes, because profanity has been around sports since cavemen played the first pickup game of rock-throwing.

No, because there's something tacky about the head coach at Florida freely dropping S-bombs in a public forum.

"It's about taking care of your [bleep]," Meyer told the audience.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportswhitleycol10031009mar10,0,6237621.column

LOL, he drops the "S-bomb" and that is news?

Wow, that's bad, even for the Slantinel.  By the way, what's with your agenda?  Trying to distract away form the cheating, probation, and vacated wins?  Seriously, if there was ever a story that shouldn't be a story, THIS is it. 

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 10, 2009, 08:34:51 PM

What agenda? Florida shouldn't be in the news? You must have me confused with someone else.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 10, 2009, 10:02:07 PM

What agenda? Florida shouldn't be in the news? You must have me confused with someone else.

I don't care of they are in the news, but why is this news?

And why post an article about a guy who had charges dropped from what looks like a PO'd ex-girlfriend, when the article was from weeks ago and that very day it came out the charges were dropped?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 10, 2009, 10:14:23 PM

It wasn't just about the one player. It was also about the 21 others.  Lead by example.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 10, 2009, 10:20:43 PM

It wasn't just about the one player. It was also about the 21 others.  Lead by example.

Maybe that was the point...if you take care of your S, you won't be in trouble.

Again, kids are going to get in trouble, it happens.  What you do about it is what is important.  Most guys either are no longer with the program or learn their lessons and Meyer molds them into men.  You can do all you want and say all you want to kids, but the ultimate decision on which path they want to lead is their choice.  He can guide them, show them the way, and try and help them...but kids have to WANT to do the right thing.  Unfortunately some choose the wrong path. 

How many of the other 21 were also dropped or otherwise dismissed? 

So if someone accuses you of something you didn't do, arrests you for it, and then later it gets dropped....does that mean you are a bad guy and your parents didn't raise you right? 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 10, 2009, 11:04:16 PM

Maybe they should vacate all the wins that those players participated in ......   ;)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 12, 2009, 06:19:43 PM

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 12, 2009, 11:21:33 PM

Again, kids are going to get in trouble, it happens. What you do about it is what is important. Most guys either are no longer with the program or learn their lessons and Meyer molds them into men. You can do all you want and say all you want to kids, but the ultimate decision on which path they want to lead is their choice. He can guide them, show them the way, and try and help them...but kids have to WANT to do the right thing. Unfortunately some choose the wrong path.

Shouldn't Urban KNOW these guys are thugs prior to them being arrested?  Just curious ..... 
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 22nd Florida Football Player Arrested Under Urban Meyer Regime « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools