Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simeon is still horrible « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: October 15, 2006, 05:56:38 PM

I didnt even know he was active today until the 4th quarter when he almost got pressure on Palmer, then I realized it was a screen play. Rice is horrible, oevrpayed and arrogant as hell. Didnt he say he was the best pass rusher in teh league? Didnt he say he would break the sack record? I dont care who tries to tell me he is constantly double and triple teamed. Hes not. aND HE NEVER BEATS ONE ON ONE MATCHUPS. Rice is gone next year and will make this team closer to 30 mil under teh salary cap rateh rthan being 21 mil.

Booger and Spires will be gone too. As well as John Wade, Jermaine Phillips, maybe Brian Kelly if his turf toe is very serious, and I dont like this group of LBs right now but Im not sure which one if any Id like to see gone next year. They need to get it together and play consistently

Altogether, defense played good today against the run. Stiill seems like every QB can complete 75% of their passes against this D. Maybe its just because Kelly is out and Phillips doenst understand that hes not a LB. Yes Jermaine, your job IS to play pass first believe it or not.

simms22

Second String

#1 : October 15, 2006, 05:57:31 PM

i agree, it seems like he just decided to come and play on certain downs. Id rather have a hard worker with less skill than a guy that turns it off and on with more talent.

simms22

Second String

#2 : October 15, 2006, 05:58:29 PM

we are paying him too much money for the amount of plays ( or lack there of) he makes.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#3 : October 15, 2006, 05:58:35 PM

He's not as bad as Barber.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

gharen

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 15, 2006, 06:00:29 PM

You forgot that Simeon played the whole 2nd half against a backup and still did nothing.

#5 : October 15, 2006, 06:02:51 PM

Barber? What did Barber do wrong? I agree Barber is not making many plays, but I dont think hes playing bad. NOt as good as Id liek him to. He had great coverage on Houshmandzedah, guy made a great catch.

Rice no longer turns it on and off, he keeps it off all the time

8 tackles, 1 sack through 5 games. Looks like 2004 all over again

Larry Brackins

Starter
#6 : October 15, 2006, 06:03:23 PM

Barber? What did Barber do wrong? I agree Barber is not making many plays, but I dont think hes playing bad. NOt as good as Id liek him to. He had great coverage on Houshmandzedah, guy made a great catch.

Barber is statstically BY FAR the worst CB in the game this season.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#7 : October 15, 2006, 06:05:05 PM

Show me the statistics. Is it even possible to show statistics that say he is the worst. Juran Bolden has been far worse than Barber this season. So statistics or not, theres one guy right there.

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 15, 2006, 06:08:39 PM

If the Stovall catch last week was "offensive" pass interference, then the one that Houshmandzedah made was too.  He definitely pushed RB in the back before he jumped.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 15, 2006, 06:09:17 PM

maybe if there was someone else on our D line that could do his job, Simeon wouldn't have to draw the double coverage on every freaking play.

You guys are too harsh on Rice, he made what might be the game winning sack late in the 4th quarter and you still rag on him????

whatever...

spartan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 15, 2006, 06:12:52 PM

I am not exactly what you would consider a Rice fan. He is arrogant but you need that. For example when asked about the Bucs D playing so bad he said he likes that because we need, can and ought to get better. You think we suck then it is up to us to do something about it. Don't kick him to the kerb now, look back at the end of the season and then make a judgement. If he comes up trumps when it REALLY matters then folks will change their minds. So, lets see...

#11 : October 15, 2006, 06:22:03 PM

maybe if there was someone else on our D line that could do his job, Simeon wouldn't have to draw the double coverage on every freaking play.

You guys are too harsh on Rice, he made what might be the game winning sack late in the 4th quarter and you still rag on him????

whatever...

Why do any of you still back Rice? He doesnt do anything. Lets say there is 50 defensive snaps. On atleast 45 of them he isnt even near the ball. And on the sackk at the end, the whole DL collapsed on Palmer. Saying he made the game winnin gsack is quite a stretch. 1 sack in 5 games. In 2004, we started 1-4 and he had 1 sack through those 5 games. Then he plays against a 3rd string RT for New Orleans and records 3 sacks and starts getting chirpy calling out Gruden in the newspaper. Simeon Rice is horrible. Please explain to me how you can watch a football game for 3 hours, see so little of Simeon "the mouth" Rice and still say any body is too hard on him?

I can remember maybe 1 play in the Carolina game where he put pressure on the QB. Thats it for the whole season. He doesnt face double teams all the time either. Hovan faces double teams all the time. Sometimes Simeon draws a TE, or gets a RB, but you are lieing if you say he doenst get manhadled by every RT who blocks him one on one

TBayJJ

Second String

#12 : October 15, 2006, 09:15:56 PM

Yeah, What is going on with him. You talk all this stuff about how u are the best DE in the league, then damn go out there and show it. [banghead]

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 16, 2006, 07:53:47 PM

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CIN/9733541

Here's proof that Simeon sucks at the moment. Levi Jones, who Simeon went up against in the game, was playing with a severely sprained ankle throughout the game. Then he sprained his knee and left the game. This happened in the Second Quarter, so for most of the game, Simeon was playing against a backup. I dont care about the supposed holding that was being exerted on Simeon throughout the game, he still didnt get near the QB once, let alone get a sack.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 16, 2006, 08:09:15 PM

Show me the statistics. Is it even possible to show statistics that say he is the worst. Juran Bolden has been far worse than Barber this season. So statistics or not, theres one guy right there.

agree......
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simeon is still horrible « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools