Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks says "I would play another year in Tampa" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

NPR-BUC

Starter

#15 : March 10, 2009, 02:36:30 PM

I like Brooks but this is an embarrassment, him begging to play when he got cut is just senseless. Move on man write a book or be a analyst but don't beg to come back.

Yeah, this whole article sounds like Brooks' way of saying, "Hey, I'm still out here, anyone want to sign me?"

Exactly.

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 10, 2009, 02:41:24 PM

Real NFL Franchises know when they have a HoF player and they do NOT let him leave to join another team.

Actually, this is probably a better reply:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pro_Football_Hall_of_Fame_inductees

Note the number of inductees who played for more than one team. 

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : March 10, 2009, 02:43:36 PM

I wouldnt mind letting him come in to compete with the other linebackers or to help the other guys in their progression like a coach.

NPR-BUC

Starter

#18 : March 10, 2009, 02:46:01 PM

FO, should just hire him as a coach. All his experience and accolades he is the perfect candidate.

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 10, 2009, 02:48:56 PM

FO, should just hire him as a coach. All his experience and accolades he is the perfect candidate.

Great players do not always translate into good coaches.  Great ones expect every single player to take the game as seriously as they do.  Dedicate themselves entirely to their craft and absolutely disdain any mistakes and always striving for greatness while knowing there's always something to improve.  If a great one is a coach, sometimes they can't get a maybe younger, maybe less talented player to work as hard as they feel NFL players should.  Not saying all great sports stars aren't coaching material and not saying Brooks couldn't be, it just doesn't always mean because the player knows how to play great that he can teach greatness.  Greatness can't be taught in most cases.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 10, 2009, 02:52:36 PM

how much harm could he do if he was asst. to the asst. LB coach?  This whole scenario is kind of sad to see.  He apparently doesn't want to walk away from the game yet and yet looks like no teams are interested.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#21 : March 10, 2009, 03:13:16 PM

DB55 is not going to be a full-time player but could be very effective in situational spot duty. We kept an extra QB last year who may not even make the roster this year, I don't think keeping DB for 1 more year so he can retire a Buc is going to effect the outcome of our season.  

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#22 : March 10, 2009, 03:22:17 PM

Sign him NOW!! why not?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 10, 2009, 03:32:43 PM

The way I see it and how he see's it probably is we do not have a starter there right now. So bring him back to compete, if he can't cut it then have him as a backup and then let him retire. If he proves he is better than every player on our team at that position, let him play, then we know we need to find someone else. He won't want money, he wants to just play football. Why should we let him play for another team? At the least he is a very serviceable backup and mentor if we have someone who can beat him out for the job. Dominik won't get flak for going back on his word like that. To be honest, it might be the best move for the team.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 10, 2009, 03:38:20 PM

To be honest, it might be the best move for the team.

Not if he can't practice every single day.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 10, 2009, 03:39:47 PM

Plaxico Burress never practiced.....

....yes that was a joke.

But, that's what I'm saying, if he has to beat out a younger player, he is going to have to practice every day. Make it clear if he comes back he isn't going to be handed the job.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 10, 2009, 03:56:06 PM

If he is not taking the pounding of starting every game, he should be able to practice every day. There is probably too much water over the damn at this point but a fresh Derrick Brooks as a backup LB could be a good thing. The question is whether his mind has accepted the fact that he is not a starter anymore.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 10, 2009, 03:58:55 PM

Brooks on the team would make some other LB on the team less experienced in two years.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 10, 2009, 04:02:16 PM

Brooks on the team would make some other LB on the team less experienced in two years.

Less experienced as in learning from one of the greatest LB's to play the game...or less experienced by not being able to beat him out at his age and condition?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 10, 2009, 04:04:13 PM

Translation "I would play another year in Tampa, the city I've lived for the last 14 years, for $3 million instead of for the veteran minimum in another part of the country."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks says "I would play another year in Tampa" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools