Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks says "I would play another year in Tampa" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 10, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »

Bring him back.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 10, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »

Wasn't Derrick Brooks the only player besides Keenan McCardell to have a contract holdout against the Bucs in recent history?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 10, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »

Wasn't Derrick Brooks the only player besides Keenan McCardell to have a contract holdout against the Bucs in recent history?

Back in 2001 I think it was.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 10, 2009, 04:12:05 PM »

Yeah, so?

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #34 : March 10, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »

Less experienced as in learning from one of the greatest LB's to play the game...or less experienced by not being able to beat him out at his age and condition?

Thought the same thing when that Quarles guy was on the team, but turned out okay. Don't like less experienced not being able to get past the more experienced guy just because of making less mental mistakes, then in a year the Bucs are in the same spot looking for a guy to play OLB.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 10, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »

Yeah, so?

Just a reminder that it's a business. Everybody has had a hissy fit because we let him go. Well, he was willing to hold out from playing when he didn't think he was being adequately compensated. The only loyalty in the NFL is to the almighty dollar.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

« #36 : March 10, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »

Bringing him back at a reduced payroll would be fantastic if you ask me. The guy deserves that right to come back for one more year. He could easily help develop the younger players and leave as a HoF player for the Bucs and ONLY the Bucs.

Real NFL Franchises know when they have a HoF player and they do NOT let him leave to join another team. If Tampa Bay shares 3 possible HoF players with other teams (Lynch,Sapp) then this is just pathetic as a Franchise. we have only 1 guy in the HoF for the Bucs and he spent his entire career here.

HEy smart guy, how many HOF guys played with the same team their entire career (during the slary cap era 1994 to present)..............

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #37 : March 10, 2009, 04:35:57 PM »

Bringing him back at a reduced payroll would be fantastic if you ask me. The guy deserves that right to come back for one more year. He could easily help develop the younger players and leave as a HoF player for the Bucs and ONLY the Bucs.

Real NFL Franchises know when they have a HoF player and they do NOT let him leave to join another team. If Tampa Bay shares 3 possible HoF players with other teams (Lynch,Sapp) then this is just pathetic as a Franchise. we have only 1 guy in the HoF for the Bucs and he spent his entire career here.

HEy smart guy, how many HOF guys played with the same team their entire career (during the slary cap era 1994 to present)..............

I can think of Aikman and Elway off the top of my head but I am sure there are plenty more. You're right, though. Too often players keep searching for one more chance after their days are done.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 10, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »

Would Brooks be ok with NOT starting?  Because it's possible he comes back as a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #39 : March 10, 2009, 04:47:14 PM »

Yeah, so?

Just a reminder that it's a business. Everybody has had a hissy fit because we let him go. Well, he was willing to hold out from playing when he didn't think he was being adequately compensated. The only loyalty in the NFL is to the almighty dollar.

Yeah...I do have a hissy fit when a guy like Brooks finds out via the media he has been cut! You just don't do that to a guy that has been here as long as he has.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 10, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »

Yeah, so?

Yeah...I do have a hissy fit when a guy like Brooks finds out via the media he has been cut! You just don't do that to a guy that has been here as long as he has.

He didn't find out via the media. He had face-to-face meetings with both Morris and Dominik as well as meeting with two Glazer brothers.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #41 : March 10, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »

Real NFL Franchises know when they have a HoF player and they do NOT let him leave to join another team.

Exactly, that's why Montana, Jerry Rice, and Emmitt Smith, possibly the 3 best to ever play their positions finished their careers with the Niners and Cowboys, oh wait. The list just goes on and on of HOFers that were unable to move on and went to other teams.

Unfortunately the passion and desire that makes all the great ones great is also what drives them to continue when they don't have it anymore. When younger players who aren't half as good as they were are better than them and taking their playing time. It's really sad to see legends end in a downward spiral but it happens a lot. I love Derrick, and if it was up to me as a fan he would be here until he decided to call it quits, however it isn't what is right for the team and the teams future, and for that I hope to not have DB back, unless it is as an off field role.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #42 : March 10, 2009, 04:53:56 PM »

Yeah...I do have a hissy fit when a guy like Brooks finds out via the media he has been cut!

Didn't Brooks say publicly that he was called in and told face to face?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #43 : March 10, 2009, 04:59:53 PM »

Real NFL Franchises know when they have a HoF player and they do NOT let him leave to join another team.

Exactly, that's why Montana, Jerry Rice, and Emmitt Smith, possibly the 3 best to ever play their positions finished their careers with the Niners and Cowboys, oh wait. The list just goes on and on of HOFers that were unable to move on and went to other teams.

You forgot Brett Favre, Tim Brown, and Joe Nameth

Neubi

Second String

« #44 : March 10, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »

Find a "gentleman's agreement". Tell him clearly and opely that his leadership is wished and looked for but he is going to play the 2nd fiddle. If he agrees, make an official statement and let him retire a Buc after the season. There is always space for DB!

Fine, I'll go build my own Bulletin Board! With blackjack and hookers!
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks says "I would play another year in Tampa" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools