Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My guess at Gruden/Allen's draft board so far « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« : January 25, 2007, 09:51:35 AM »

1) Calvin Johnson
2a)Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
2b) Troy Smith
3) Marcus Thomas
4) Aaron RouseĀ  S/LB VT
5) Dan Mozes C WVU
7) Marquay Mcdaniel WR/KR/PR Hampton

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 25, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »

I like this kid from Hampton, I did get to watch 2 Hampton games this year and he looked pretty damn good.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 25, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »

When it is about football How can anything good come from the Hamptons ;)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 25, 2007, 10:16:35 AM »

I don't think I like any of those.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

« #4 : January 25, 2007, 10:25:03 AM »

I like this kid from Hampton, I did get to watch 2 Hampton games this year and he looked pretty damn good.

They say he is raw...but for a KR/PR he doesnt really need to develop a full slate of Gruden's offense anyway...just as long as he can run...and from what I hear he has some serious speed

Also Mozes looks like a monster out there

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 25, 2007, 10:29:07 AM »

Monte does have Nebraska ties, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if we took Carriker.  Remember how early we took Ruud?  Hell, they may trade up to get him lol.  I think we either go him, or Okoye at 2a, whoever is there.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #6 : January 25, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »

Don't like the Thomas and Smith picks. Carriker looks like more of a 3-4 DE, but if he is quick enough he might make a good LE in the Cover 2.

« #7 : January 25, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »

Don't like the Thomas and Smith picks. Carriker looks like more of a 3-4 DE, but if he is quick enough he might make a good LE in the Cover 2.

Last week I would have agreed with you on the Smith pick...however Gruden is coaching Smith at the senior bowl and stated "I can coach this kid" he seems to be enamored. Thomas would be straight up the best DT in the draft if it were not for the drug problem and his suspension. He has probably the most talented pure defensive athlete in the draft but he is a risk....thats why he fell

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 25, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »

They've been rolling him out at UT in Mobile apparently so he's got some flexibility and if we want a UT he might be a guy we could get at the top of R2 but odds are with his showing he's gonna rise out of range.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #9 : January 25, 2007, 11:13:23 AM »

Last week I would have agreed with you on the Smith pick...however Gruden is coaching Smith at the senior bowl and stated "I can coach this kid" he seems to be enamored. Thomas would be straight up the best DT in the draft if it were not for the drug problem and his suspension. He has probably the most talented pure defensive athlete in the draft but he is a risk....thats why he fell

Can't really go on what Gruden is saying. Maybe Smith is decent, but the 2nd round is too soon considering other positions we need to draft. Thomas has a bad attitude. Those guys aren't working out well for some teams.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 25, 2007, 12:11:36 PM »

please...no Troy Smith.  he's not supposed to have a very strong arm...he's too raw...please don't do this Jon....

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 25, 2007, 12:24:13 PM »

please...no Troy Smith. he's not supposed to have a very strong arm...he's too raw...please don't do this Jon....

Incase you have missed it, he is really playing well in the senior bowl.

Furthermore, he has a very very  very good arm...

Baghead #2

leeroyselmon07

Starter

« #12 : January 25, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »

Troy smith in the second round no way maybe in the 3rd or 4th

leeroyselmon07

Starter

« #13 : January 25, 2007, 12:29:27 PM »

CJ in the first round is great though!

« #14 : January 25, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »

IMO, draft Quinn/Russell or no QB at all. Those are the only franchise QB's available, no need for guys like Smith.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My guess at Gruden/Allen's draft board so far « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools