Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs trolls when you have "fans" like these? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Orangegone1

Starter

#30 : March 11, 2009, 12:59:32 PM

If the FO had as much confidence in McCown as you do, they wouldn't have tried to unload the high draft picks we have left for Cutler. To me, that tells you all you need to know about their confidence in Luke.

having confidence in luke and giving up a 1st and 3rd for cutler have no correlation.

I totally disagree with that. With all of the needs we have especially on the DL, giving up our 1st, 2nd(already gone), and 3rd away is huge. There is a big correlation if you have to make a move like that.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 11, 2009, 01:04:36 PM

I still believe at least the first season he was here that Garcia gave us the best chance to win.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 11, 2009, 01:10:55 PM

I still believe at least the first season he was here that Garcia gave us the best chance to win.
I did too.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 11, 2009, 01:16:09 PM

And what you applaud Luke for in the New Orleans game is what you bashed Garcia for in every other game...short passes. Take a look at that game and see how many passes were over 10 yards.

12 passes that went for more than 10 yards and he threw two BOMBS to JG for about 40 and 60 yards that were beautiful and on target.

Im talking about the initial pass, not the catch and run which is done by the reciever.

I'm talking about the initial pass too. He had a few nice ones in that game.

And like I said, he had two huge bombs that were a thing of beauty. So your comparison to Garcia was just plain moronic.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 11, 2009, 01:17:51 PM

If Luke is so great, why was Morris and Dominik trying to make a deal for Cutler?

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#35 : March 11, 2009, 01:19:03 PM

And what you applaud Luke for in the New Orleans game is what you bashed Garcia for in every other game...short passes. Take a look at that game and see how many passes were over 10 yards.

12 passes that went for more than 10 yards and he threw two BOMBS to JG for about 40 and 60 yards that were beautiful and on target.

Im talking about the initial pass, not the catch and run which is done by the reciever.

Huh?  

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 11, 2009, 01:32:26 PM

If Luke is so great, why was Morris and Dominik trying to make a deal for Cutler?

Cutler is a top 10 QB, maybe top 5.  There aren't as many question marks with Cutler, that's not a knock on McCown, just a fact.

If you're trying to use their interest on Cutler as a knock against McCown, that's ludicrous.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 11, 2009, 01:33:13 PM

With all of the needs we have especially on the DL, giving up our 1st, 2nd(already gone), and 3rd away is huge. There is a big correlation if you have to make a move like that.

cutler has been called a franchise QB.  is it not possible to have confidence in mccown as being a solid and productive QB, and also wanting someone who is already proven as a "franchise" QB?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#38 : March 11, 2009, 01:40:53 PM

He has to earn the respect of the fans, he was nothing great out of college and has done nothing great in the NFL so it would be odd for all the fans to be jumping up for joy over the fact that our Back up over the last few years is now going to start, in a brand new system.
The EG argument doesn't hold water because Caddy came here in 2005 and EG got here in 2004 after Pittman came off of a decent year of 4 yards per carry. so from a rookie to his first NFL start was 3 years where he averaged 4 yards per carry, I didn't see where we cut him and I didn't see many other teams trying to get him, but because we drafted a HB top 5 and had a veteran that averaged 4 ypc not to mention a 250 pound FB that could run, Gruden stiffled EG and had no idea that he was a pretty good HB? I guess he kept him because he was pretty to look at? AND all that somehow translates to Luke being the next Tom Brady...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#39 : March 11, 2009, 01:48:21 PM

Are you serious? Cutler is a franchise QB and we have no idea how McCown is going to do. Which one do you take.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 11, 2009, 01:50:07 PM

Gruden's doghouse was real.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 11, 2009, 01:52:53 PM

Jeff Garcia is gay?

Wow.  Never knew that.

I knew T.O. said he was gay, but "ThaTS MY QUARTERBACK...THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK...and I did not try to kill myself..."

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs trolls when you have "fans" like these? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools