Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nebraska DE Adam Carriker « previous next »
Page: 1

rocko23

Hall of Famer
: January 25, 2007, 10:17:24 AM

This guy has nice size for a DE I would'nt mind take him at #2 or slid down and take him in the first round, with him and Amobi Okoye on the D-line would be great 1, 2 pounch i sa we take both of them.

#1 : January 25, 2007, 10:25:55 AM

This guy has nice size for a DE I would'nt mind take him at #2 or slid down and take him in the first round, with him and Amobi Okoye on the D-line would be great 1, 2 pounch i sa we take both of them.

I have him at our first pick in the second round. I have heard from practice this kid is tearing it up

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 25, 2007, 11:05:36 AM

dont most of the mocks have him in the first?  id love for him to slide to us!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

shall555

Starter

#3 : January 25, 2007, 11:25:20 AM

I think he's a 1st and 2nd round tweener. One of those DEs that gets drafted in the high 20s - low 30s. This is turning out to be a great DE class, and I think we have a legit shot at him with our 2nd rounder. Going by DE rankings, he'd be rated behind:

1 - Jamaal Anderson
2 - Gaines Adams
3 - Charles Johnson
4 - Victor Abiamiri
5 - Adam Carriker
6 - Quentin Moses (He's dropping fast. I think he'd be a steal in the 2nd, but it sounds like Monte is in love with Carriker).   

I think Monte sees Carriker as an Under Tackle in the Tampa 2. He's got the size and quickness. If he doesn't succeed there, he could always be a strongside DE. I think a bookend combo of Rice and Carriker could be just what the doctor ordered.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 25, 2007, 11:42:09 AM

I think he's a 1st and 2nd round tweener. One of those DEs that gets drafted in the high 20s - low 30s. This is turning out to be a great DE class, and I think we have a legit shot at him with our 2nd rounder. Going by DE rankings, he'd be rated behind:

1 - Jamaal Anderson
2 - Gaines Adams
3 - Charles Johnson
4 - Victor Abiamiri
5 - Adam Carriker
6 - Quentin Moses (He's dropping fast. I think he'd be a steal in the 2nd, but it sounds like Monte is in love with Carriker).   

I think Monte sees Carriker as an Under Tackle in the Tampa 2. He's got the size and quickness. If he doesn't succeed there, he could always be a strongside DE. I think a bookend combo of Rice and Carriker could be just what the doctor ordered.

I think he could be the 3rd rated DE by some teams. He is much taller than the typical under tackle.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 25, 2007, 12:10:44 PM

I don't know fellas, I would say Carriker stock is sky high and rising. I think he is the 3rd DE taken, JMHO...

Baghead #2

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : January 25, 2007, 12:25:20 PM

Carriker would  be nice, he is huge, i think he is like 6 foot 6? he could bat down passes easily, he would be a great pickup imo

gharen

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 25, 2007, 12:35:51 PM

Depends on how many 3-4 teams need a DE. He is probably #1 on the list for teams running the 3-4. He reminds me of the old Houston Oiler DT Ray Childress.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 25, 2007, 01:42:28 PM

Good call Gharen -he is kind of like Childress.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 25, 2007, 01:49:56 PM

Boy and Childress was a heckuva player during his time. Good comparison as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 25, 2007, 06:18:02 PM

if we took 2 ol with are #1  and#2  last  year why not take this guy with our #1  pick what do we have to loose

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 25, 2007, 06:55:56 PM

Our #1 is way too high for Carriker.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nebraska DE Adam Carriker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools