Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: PEWTER REPORT HAS IDENTIFIED THE 3 BUCS' QB CANDIDATES « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

« : January 25, 2007, 10:18:06 AM »

Group,

I will be publishing a new Pewter Insider column around 3:00 p.m. ET today on the front page of www.pewterreport.com

Hopeflly you are enjoying our Senior Bowl coverage. Pewter Report has published 11 articles since Sunday, and the 12th is on the way. To put that number in perspective, the two local newspapers haven't filed 12 stories from Senior Bowl combined. In fact, one local paper has filed four stories from Mobile while the other has filed three. That's a total of seven, and none of them have offered the in-depth reporting or inside scoop that Pewter Report's stories have offered.

The latest Pewter Insider column shares information Pewter Report has obtained from the sources we've talked to at the Senior Bowl. It involves the Bucs' search for a veteran quarterback, and it is indeed interesting. Throw out any preconceived notions you might have had about which quarterback the Bucs might be looking to acquire. Pewter Report has the latest inside scoop on the three quarterbacks that are on the Bucs' radar.

If you're not already a Pewter Insider subscriber, you can become one today and read all of our Senior Bowl coverage as well as the Flynn's Focus column that will be published later today by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827) or clicking on the link below:

http://www.pewterreport.com/subscribe

In the meantime, Pewter Report would love to get feedback from Bucs fans regarding our Senior Bowl and offseason coverage thus far.

And i f you like our Senior Bowl and offseason coverage, please help to spread the word about the benefits of subscribing to Pewter Report/Pewter Insider on PewterReport.com as your subscriptions helpd fund trips like this one to Mobile for Senior Bowl. Your support is appreciated, and your help to spread the word about our Bucs coverage to your fellow Bucs fans is even more appreciated.

Please don't share specifics from the PI articles, but we want to hear your overall thoughts.

Stay tuned for the latest scoop on the three quarterbacks the Bucs are targeting.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 25, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »

i am telling you guiys they are going to look at David Carr,

psymun

Starter
« #2 : January 25, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »

I like the idea of David Carr...

The way I see it... what's the worste that could happen? He doesn't start? Oh well...

I just hope we don't trade and picks for him...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 25, 2007, 11:07:33 AM »

I like the idea of David Carr...

The way I see it... what's the worste that could happen? He doesn't start? Oh well...

I just hope we don't trade and picks for him...

ughhhh, he's Rob Johnson all over agian.

« #4 : January 25, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »

Interesting... can't wait to read.

Other than Carr or Plummer, which aren't THAT great, i can't think of a name that would excite me.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 25, 2007, 11:20:48 AM »

Is David carr a free agent. what is carr status and how would Bucs get him

Sorry for being ignorant but realy what is his avalability

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 25, 2007, 11:42:33 AM »

OK but Carr, as well as Plummer and Leftwich are still under contract. Isn't it against league rules to comment to the press about interest in players under contract?

vipmark

Starter
« #7 : January 25, 2007, 11:49:59 AM »

SR/JF , Senior Bowl reports have been OUTSTANDING!!!!  and the latest PR mag is excellent......Here's a message to all of you that do not subscribe to PR mag and PR  insider...It's TWO DOLLARS AND 33 CENTS A MONTH!!! GET OFF YOUR WALLET AND GET INFORMED!!!    but I should warn you, if you do subscribe you will become much smarter than all those that do not and that can make listening to the radio and reading the times and trib very frustrating.......unless you can learn to laugh at stupidity.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 25, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »

Hi VIP how are you doing we met at training camp luncheon great post it seems like you boy is doing really good and working hard tell your son (Jim Flynn) pewter report is better then ever my opinion  ;)

vipmark

Starter
« #9 : January 25, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »

bucsbum, life is good, thanks for asking.....damn...I guess i'm just old enough to be Jim's daddy.....I  would be so proud. PewterReport IS better than ever, I wish everyone could see how hard they work.

TEAMCALI

Starter

« #10 : January 25, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »

david is a good QB.. And would welcome here in Tampa.! but who know's   who it  is..   stay tuned.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 25, 2007, 02:31:21 PM »

Not a PI so I didn't read the article, but Carr would be interesting. I wonder if they could trade for him for one of their second round picks. He's under contract for 2007 and 2008 at $5.25 million and $6 million respectively. Those are reasonable numbers for a starting QB in the league, and if they re-did his contract they could make him even more reasonable. He's got good size, reasonable arm strength, is mobile enough for Jon Gruden, and completed over 68% of his passes this past season.

I think Gruden/Hackett could do a lot with a guy like Carr, if his head is screwed on straight.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 25, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »

I haven't got my magazine yet.  The cold must be slowing the ponies down...

PirateBooty

Starter

« #13 : January 25, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »

Maybe Carr and draft pick to trade down to #8? They can get Quinn and we can draft MY BOY! ;D

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 25, 2007, 02:50:54 PM »

I thought some of you guys might be interested to know that PR JF does a short interview in a footballguys.com podcst.  You need to be a subscriber, but it's worth it IMO for all of the content they offer.  They gave a ton of props to the PR guys.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=302519

***ETA*** I just got a PM, and they are still editing the podcst with JF, but it will be available shortly.  He also said they hit it off great, and they look forward to future appearances.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: PEWTER REPORT HAS IDENTIFIED THE 3 BUCS' QB CANDIDATES « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools