Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More news from Rotowire: Raiders offer Moss, Porter, and 1st rounder « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leomamba24

Rookie

: January 25, 2007, 10:42:05 AM

Michael Vick: Raiders Offer Moss, Porter and Draft Upgrade for Vick

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Update: Oakland has offered Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and a swap of 2007 first-round picks for Vick, FoxSports.com reports.

Even though Arthur Blank has said that he is not planning on trading Vick. We all know how the NFL is, one min. u report one thing (Tomlin, Sabban) the next min. its something else.

If this trade does go through, would those salaries match up or will the falcons still take a huge cap hit...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2007, 10:58:45 AM

Falcons not only eat the huge hit for trading Vick but they absorb Moss's 9,750,000 salary YIKES (http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=25918) plus Porter who is only 1,000,000.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

vipmark

Starter
#2 : January 25, 2007, 11:02:03 AM

falcons would take a $23mil. cap hit if they let vick go

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 25, 2007, 11:05:34 AM

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

The falcons only have $11.5 million under the cap so this trade is not possible. Vick would be a $26 million cap hit plus $11 million for Moss and Porter plus the money they would have to pay for the #1 overall pick. The falcons would need at least $40 million in cap room to do that. So I think there will be no trade.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 25, 2007, 11:06:03 AM

Not if they trade him, correct? I thought that would be only if the Falcons release him.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 25, 2007, 11:06:35 AM

To let vick go  $23 million
Vick being gone and off your team Priceless ;D

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 25, 2007, 11:07:58 AM

falcons would take a $23mil. cap hit if they let Vick go

Not if they trade him, correct? I thought that would be only if the Falcons release him.

No matter if they trade him or cut him the cap hit would be the same since it would be the rest of his bonus accelerated into a one year hit.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 25, 2007, 11:08:03 AM

Basically the cost would be, $16.5m for the Vick hit (Bonus acceleration - his salary) + 9.75m for Moss + 1m for Porter plus an not insubstantial sum for the #1 overall pick so the Falcons would have to have at least $30m in free cap space to even think about this and then do absolutely nothing else in the off-season.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

vipmark

Starter
#8 : January 25, 2007, 11:12:19 AM

might be worth it

leomamba24

Rookie

#9 : January 25, 2007, 11:16:30 AM

this report sounds like fantasy football to me. trades like this don't happen in the NFL.

Vick headed to Oakland?
January 23rd, 2007 by Jason Pye
Michael Vick could be on his way out of Atlanta:

According to published online reports, NFL sources say that the Oakland Raiders are trying to put together a trade deal that would send Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick to the Bay Area.

Reportedly, the deal would send Oakland receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the number one overall draft pick in the upcoming 2007 NFL Draft to the Falcons in exchange for Vick and the Falcons first round pick, which is number ten overall in this year’s draft.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 25, 2007, 11:18:42 AM

Damn, The Falcons shouldn't even think about it.  And I'm sure McKay can figure out all that contract mombo jumbo as he always has.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Shag

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 25, 2007, 11:20:23 AM

The Falcons have already said they don't want Moss.

leomamba24

Rookie

#12 : January 25, 2007, 11:23:03 AM

Quote from: V.I.P on Today at 11:02:03 AM

If Atlanta were to deal Vick before the start of June, the team would incur a $22.25 million salary-cap hit. That fact alone demonstrates the impracticality of the deal.

To take on both Moss and Porter, the Falcons would be responsible for dishing out $10.75 million in 2007 -- another highly unlikely financial scenario.

I doubt' it'll happen. Just draft Russell trade us Moss for Rice. Keep Porter. We draft Joe Thomas. all is well.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 25, 2007, 11:23:15 AM

You figure the other odd part of this is that the whole logic of Vick in OAK is that he's a suck passer but he can at least heave the ball deep...to guys like Moss and Porter, ooops.

original

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 25, 2007, 11:27:51 AM

Moss, Porter and the #1 pick for a guy who has shown he isn't a leader of men.  If I were the Falcons, even if it means my free agency is over would go for this deal in a second.   They could find a way to take the cap hit and be in better shape next year.  As a Bucs Fan, I really hope this never happens.  Heck, this could help them loose that never having back to back winning seasons wrap.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More news from Rotowire: Raiders offer Moss, Porter, and 1st rounder « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools