Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More news from Rotowire: Raiders offer Moss, Porter, and 1st rounder « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 25, 2007, 11:30:53 AM

Moss, Porter and the #1 pick for a guy who has shown he isn't a leader of men.  If I were the Falcons, even if it means my free agency is over would go for this deal in a second.

You figure, and unless there is something like in basketball, they could deal Vick off, eat the gi-normous cap hit, and then turn around and trade Moss away to escape the cap blow. They'd be dog meat this year but, since it is year #1 of a new coach, they might be able to survive the hit and move on.

The problem is that Vick's deal was never about football, it was about marketing. He puts butts in seats, he sells jersies and all that. While ATL might survive the football hit I wonder about eatng the marketing hit.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 25, 2007, 11:33:15 AM

The owners have already said they are not trading Vick.  So the points are officially hypothetical.

McKay is a genius man...(snicker)...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 25, 2007, 11:36:43 AM

The owners have already said they are not trading Vick.  So the points are officially hypothetical.

I doubt they can trade him plus you figure one reason they went and got a college coach was to implement a college type offense for the Vick-ster.

Could it be done? Likely.
Should it be done? Yes.
Will it be done? No.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

original

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 25, 2007, 11:45:04 AM

The owners have already said they are not trading Vick. So the points are officially hypothetical.

I doubt they can trade him plus you figure one reason they went and got a college coach was to implement a college type offense for the Vick-ster.

Could it be done? Likely.
Should it be done? Yes.
Will it be done? No.

And in three years when Vick can't grasp the college offense, the Falcons hire a High School Coach to try to reach his level, mean while Pop Warner coaches everywhere are getting excited as they are on deck.

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#19 : January 25, 2007, 12:02:00 PM

I agree keep Vick in Atlanta next year with the new coach will be hilarious!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 25, 2007, 01:32:50 PM

i'd love to see them do it - they'd have to release 3 or 4 very good players when they are already struggling to field adequate talent on both sides of the ball, they'd have half their cap spent on a player no longer there and the WR position, and they'd be in cap hell for the next 4 years.  meanwhile, the raiders would have a QB who can't throw and who has nobody to throw to, just like in ATL
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More news from Rotowire: Raiders offer Moss, Porter, and 1st rounder « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools